Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #1
autorail1

Friends: (2)
Default Global Slow Jazz II Indoor Biplane ARF 26"

Has any one flown one of these planes. Looking to get this to fly around the gym and out side on very calm days. Any tips or tricks?

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 08-08-2007, 03:14 AM   #2
darylm44

Club: Frontier Fun Flyers

This was the first plane that I purchased and I never could get it to fly. I have since learned how to fly and probably should dust it off and try again.

I look forward to other comments.
Old 08-08-2007, 03:41 AM   #3
autorail1

What do you fly now?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:31 PM   #4
soar-ne
Omaha Ne.

Friends: (0)

I too was going to buy one of these last year for a indoor flyer but got scared away by so many negative post over on RCG. Seems they have a nasty habit of just flying along and suddenly pitching straight down and not being able to recover from the dive. They are said to be fragile also and the carbon is very brittle. One guy said it flies better with the top wing off after it crashed and trashed the top one!!!!

I just stayed with my tried and true small foamies for indoor stuff

Good Luck
Bob
Old 08-08-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
autorail1

HMMM. Hope I have better luck. What kind of Foamies?

Originally Posted by soar-ne View Post
I too was going to buy one of these last year for a indoor flyer but got scared away by so many negative post over on RCG. Seems they have a nasty habit of just flying along and suddenly pitching straight down and not being able to recover from the dive. They are said to be fragile also and the carbon is very brittle. One guy said it flies better with the top wing off after it crashed and trashed the top one!!!!

I just stayed with my tried and true small foamies for indoor stuff

Good Luck
Bob
Old 08-08-2007, 05:10 PM   #6
darylm44

I have a Wing Dragon 4, Mini Ultra Stick, and an eflite 25 size J3 Cub. If you are looking for a first plane the Wing Dragon 4 is an excellent choice. There are several threads here and on RCG about them.

It certainly is not the only good trainer but it is a good one.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:35 PM   #7
autorail1

This plane really does do the nose dive. I have renamed this plane as the LAWN DART!!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM   #8
swass rc dawg

View swass rc dawg's Gallery22
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by autorail1 View Post
This plane really does do the nose dive. I have renamed this plane as the LAWN DART!!
I was just off to get one when my wife gets home. well the plan has changed oh well!!
I get to order the plantraco stuff on friday
Old 01-10-2009, 12:12 AM   #9
darylm44

Originally Posted by darylm44 View Post
This was the first plane that I purchased and I never could get it to fly. I have since learned how to fly and probably should dust it off and try again.

I look forward to other comments.
I have tried this plane again and crashed it on my first attempt. I took the Cirrus servos out and put them in a hobby lobby YAK 55 to use as an indoor plane. That plane would fly fine for a short time and then I would just loose control. Brought it home and watched it closely while moving the sticks and found that both servos were intermittently going past 90* and locking up. Sometimes they just would not move with any pressure on the control surfaces at all. I cut the connectors off and through them away. Maybe all my problems with the Slow Jazz II was bad servos Let us know how it flies when you get it going.
Old 01-10-2009, 06:07 AM   #10
swass rc dawg

I will have to watch some YouTube videos on slow the jazz biplane.
If I like it & it looks not so much like A lawn dart to me I think that I
can make it play some jazz for me I will get one!
Heck it is only 40$ I think I have to get it & report back
Old 03-04-2009, 03:17 PM   #11
TickTock

I have had one of these planes for almost 2 yrs now. I fly it in the front yard on very calm mornings or evenings. I was surprised to see somewhat recent threads on this plane. Where can you get one now? FYI I have an Eflite 250 on mine, fly w/ an FP 2s 350 (or whatever) and Electrifly 2s 640 20c. The 350 can only be used on the calmest of days, as it really needs extra ballast. I had to totally redesign the elevators. This was the only way to get it to fly w/o the dreaded diving. This is a really poor plane w/o this mod. I kind of rough w/ it though, and it has seen many horrific crashes (even nose down into asphalt). If anyone wants pics or advice or other thoughts on this pain in the a55, lemme know.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #12
TickTock

Default Pics of Slow Jazz II

Will post soon.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:39 AM   #13
swass rc dawg

Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
I have had one of these planes for almost 2 yrs now. I fly it in the front yard on very calm mornings or evenings. I was surprised to see somewhat recent threads on this plane. Where can you get one now? FYI I have an Eflite 250 on mine, fly w/ an FP 2s 350 (or whatever) and Electrifly 2s 640 20c. The 350 can only be used on the calmest of days, as it really needs extra ballast. I had to totally redesign the elevators. This was the only way to get it to fly w/o the dreaded diving. This is a really poor plane w/o this mod. I kind of rough w/ it though, and it has seen many horrific crashes (even nose down into asphalt). If anyone wants pics or advice or other thoughts on this pain in the a55, lemme know.
well I have the same motor and 430mah so I just mite have to rethink this plane
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #14
extrmsports

I have had the original Slow Jazz for about a year and a half, and have had great success with it. I have mostly flown it indoors, and have never experienced the "lawn dart" problem. I use an IPS with a 12X6 GWS prop, and two eflite servos. It has held up to over 50 crashes, and lots of CA glue. It's a little heavier than it used to be, but works great.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #15
phantomdjx

What did you use to mount the eflite 250 on the nose of your slow jazz?

Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
Old 07-08-2009, 08:09 PM   #16
autorail1

PAIN IN THE AZZ PLANE FOR SURE. AKA Lawn DART
Originally Posted by phantomdjx View Post
What did you use to mount the eflite 250 on the nose of your slow jazz?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes