Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Basement Bargains
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Basement Bargains Know of a good sale at your favorite online RC webstore? Or how about just one heck of a bargain that you came across on RC goods. This is the place. ** No commercial adverts please**

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-19-2008, 04:24 AM   #176
RUSH

Friends: (1)

If you already have a couple ESCs and a computer radio, you can just buy a gyro for the tail and hook everything up yourself. The computer radio is needed if you want to have revo mix which mixes in more/less tail rotor when you increase/decrease the main motor speed (so the tail doesn't drift around with throttle). This is a good writeup for doing "separates":

http://www.helihobby.com/html/separate_electronics.html

But, to be honest, a gyro is going to cost about as much as (or more than) the board I linked to, so it's not worth it unless you want to go brushless right off the bat - need separates for that.

You shouldn't have any problem with the GWS board. You may need to make up some connectors to plug the
motors into the board since I don't think the "Fun" version of the Piccolo comes with any connectors. You don't need to go brushless on the tail motor if you go brushless on the main - I have my Hummingbird set up with a Park 370 4100kv on the main and the stock tail motor, and it works well. You just have to replace tail motors once in a while.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 AM   #177
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

Friends: (2)

Rush,
Thanks for your help with this. I read the helihobby link and it seems too complicated for someone who's experimenting with their first heli. So I've decided to keep it simple and go with the piccoboard. If it turns out that I really dig flying the heli, I'll upgrade as the interest (and the funds) increases.
When you set up your Hummingbird, did you have to use both a brushless and a brushed esc?

It's easy to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:47 AM   #178
RUSH

Originally Posted by Ribcracker View Post
Rush,
Thanks for your help with this. I read the helihobby link and it seems too complicated for someone who's experimenting with their first heli. So I've decided to keep it simple and go with the piccoboard. If it turns out that I really dig flying the heli, I'll upgrade as the interest (and the funds) increases.
When you set up your Hummingbird, did you have to use both a brushless and a brushed esc?
That sounds like a good plan. The KISS principle is always a good way to go. I flew the HB on the stock setup for a while until I wanted more flight time, then went with the brushless main motor - flight times went from 15 mins to 20 mins on 2 cell 1200mAh lipos. It flew just fine stock.

Yes, I have a Phoenix 10 on the main and a GWS 5A brushed ESC on the tail.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:02 PM   #179
aviatordave
Super Contributor

View aviatordave's Gallery10
Club: A wooden stick used for hitting.
Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Outstanding Contributor Award  AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (29)

Here is this weeks.

<TABLE cellSpacing=4 cellPadding=4 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>9 CRASH Items This Week, each $69.90!

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#d7d7d7 colSpan=2>
9 New Power brand RC airplanes on CRASH

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
Scaled down replica of the 8-time F3A World Champion's plane

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="31%">

</TD><TD width="69%">Oxalys F3A Profile Plane - 36-1/4" wingspan, 37-1/2" long, 18-1/2 oz. flying weight. "Oxalys" was designed by Christophe Paysant-Le Roux (8-time F3A World Champion). It is the scaled down replica of his 2005-2006 F3A championship plane, built from precision laser cut contest balsa. Main structure comes pre-built and covered. The Oxalys flies a wide range of smooth and precise aerobatic maneuvers such as "Waterfalls", "point rolls", "rolling circles", "snap rolls", "hovering", "harrier", and precision F3A flying. Includes great instructions and builds in about 4-6 hours.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD width="79%"><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM2100 New Power "Oxalys" Mini F3A Profile Plane ..... $109.00
CRASH SALE! ..... $ 69.90
<INPUT id=c__NPM2100 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM2100> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM2100 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD><TD width="21%"><TABLE borderColor=#d7d7d7 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>
2 MB

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR width="100%" color=#000099></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
Rock solid, instantly responding airplane

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="31%">

</TD><TD width="69%">Reflex 3D All-Wood ARF - 35-1/2" wingspan, 33-1/2" long, 297 sq. in. wing area, 13 oz. flying weight. Reflex is an all-wood profile 3D airplane that flies like a much larger full fuselage plane. It is solid in all maneuvers, hovers easily, knife-edges with little coupling and snaps cleanly. With this airplane the pilot is in total control. Wing loading is very light making this suitable for both indoor and outdoor flying. Builds quickly; the instructions are fully illustrated and step-by-step. For four channels: Ailerons (2 servos), Elevator, Rudder and Throttle.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM306R New Power "Reflex" 3D Profile ARF, RED/YELLOW ..... $99.00
<INPUT id=c__NPM306R size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM306R> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM306R to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD><TD><TABLE borderColor=#d7d7d7 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM306P New Power "Reflex" 3D Profile ARF, PURPLE/YELLOW ..... $99.00
<INPUT id=c__NPM306P size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM306P> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM306P to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><HR width="100%" color=#000099></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2>
Great aileron aerobatic trainer

</TD><TD width="69%">Mini Leader ARF Aileron Aerobatic Trainer - 40-1/2" wingspan, 30-3/4" long, 245 sq. in. wing area, 22 oz. flying weight. All wood built-up construction, lightweight and elegant. Entirely pre-covered, the transparent sections clearly show the quality of the construction. The cowl, canopy and wheel pants are formed plastic. Landing gear is formed aluminum. Although a fairly small plane, Mini Leader excels at pattern style flying and feels like a much larger airplane. All aerobatic maneuvers are possible. This is a great airplane for the low time pilot to learn aerobatics or for the more experienced pilot to polish his skills. Assembly takes about 4-6 hours.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM3300 New Power "Mini Leader" Aerobatic Trainer, ORANGE ..... $114.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM3300 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM3300> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM3300 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD><TD><TABLE borderColor=#d7d7d7 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>

</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM3310 New Power "Mini Leader" ARF Aileron Aerobatic Trainer, BLUE ..... $114.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM3310 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM3310> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM3310 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM3320 New Power "Mini Leader" ARF Aileron Aerobatic Trainer, PURPLE ..... $114.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM3320 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM3320> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM3320 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
All out 3D performer

</TD><TD width="69%">Fury ARF 3D Airplane - 44" wingspan, 41-3/8" long, 394 sq. in. wing area, 28 oz. flying weight. A 3D parkflyer airplane that excels at high performance flying in small areas. Fury was designed to be light yet extremely strong. The entire all-wood airframe is covered in transparent covering. All control surfaces are oversized for instant response and control. Assembly will take you a few evenings, approximately 6-8 hours. Instructions are photo-illustrated and clear with helpful tips for control throw and exponential settings.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM4100 New Power "Fury" ARF 3D Airplane, RED ..... $129.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM4100 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM4100> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM4100 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM4110 New Power "Fury" ARF 3D Airplane, PURPLE ..... $129.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM4110 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM4110> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM4110 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><FORM action=/cgi-bin/basket.pl/hobbylobby?basket.html method=post>NPM4120 New Power "Fury" ARF 3D Airplane, YELLOW ..... $129.90

<INPUT id=c__NPM4120 size=2 value=1 name=c__NPM4120> <INPUT type=submit value="Add NPM4120 to Cart"> AVAILABLE NOW
</FORM>

Old 05-21-2008, 06:26 PM   #180
Fly Time
Ask me how I know

View Fly Time's Gallery17
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (20)

I had to excercise some serious WILLPOWER this morning when I saw the Fury in there! That's a really good looking airplane!

Doug
Loves the sound of 50 amps through an outrunner!
Old 05-21-2008, 06:45 PM   #181
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

Ya, me also. Its about the same size as my ExtremeFlight Yak that I just bought for $80. Its a good deal @ $69......

Old 05-23-2008, 07:18 PM   #182
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I copied this from RCG. Can anyone verify? I didnt get the email -

Code "May20" for 20% off any one in stock item at Hobby Lobby.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:07 PM   #183
Liquidity
Combat Vet

View Liquidity's Gallery62
Club: Hodges Hobbies, RAA, and GAMA
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  1kW  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (26)

Not too sure about that, but give this a shot

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aviatordavewisheshewascool

$5 off a $25 order

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things..." http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html
Old 05-24-2008, 03:00 AM   #184
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Liquidity View Post
Not too sure about that, but give this a shot

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/aviatordavewisheshewascool

$5 off a $25 order
Here is the Memorial Day 20% sale - http://www.hobby-lobby.com/memorial2..._campaign=0083

Liquidy - Wow, thats a neat link.

I guess this would work as well -

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/Liquidity_Drinks_Light_Beer

Old 05-24-2008, 04:14 AM   #185
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

Yeah I thought it was pretty neat. I do drink light beer, but only when I am out of good beer.

The 20% coupon is a nice touch for Memorial Day.

"If you enjoy your freedom, thank a Vet."

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things..." http://www.quotationspage.com/quote/27169.html
Old 05-24-2008, 06:07 AM   #186
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

"If you enjoy your freedom, thank a Vet."
Agreed. I also think Castle is promoting a sale for the holiday and for military members.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:44 PM   #187
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

Dave, I can now confirm the May20 coupon. It showed up in the mail on Saturday.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:19 PM   #188
oski

Send a message via ICQ to oski
Friends: (0)

Will there be a sale on 6/4/08? If so, about what time will it be posted, or do I just go to their site in the morning? Thanks.

Mike
Old 06-03-2008, 07:47 PM   #189
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

Usually the people that get the HL insider will find out Tuesday night.

Sale starts Wed morning at 9AM EST

Tune in here and we will post what it is before Wed. usually.

Or go here and sign up for the insider. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/emailsign...ce=indx&kw=bnr

Old 06-03-2008, 11:17 PM   #190
RUSH

Crash item is already up on the website - low end Tx.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #191
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

Yeah it is. Not impressed, but I will never complain about a sale.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/crash.htm..._campaign=0092

Old 06-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #192
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

ya....cheap XMTR...

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width="100%">
Ikarus Lexors Nova 6 Transmitter

</TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>
<HR width="100%">

Ikarus Lexors Nova 6 Transmitter - 72 MHz, FM, FCC approved system with 4 channel transmitter (expandable to 6 channels). Works with all Hitec receivers. Transmitter has precision gimbals with adjustable metal control sticks, manual trims and servo reversing. Uses 8-AA batteries (not included).

IK177206 Ikarus Nova 6 (4+2) 4-Ch. Transmitter Only ..... $89.00
CRASH SALE! ..... $ 29.90

Old 06-04-2008, 02:26 AM   #193
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

What's nice about this radio is that you can pick the channel you want so you can use it with your existing receivers.
C'mon guys, it's always nice to have an extra radio...or two, or three, or four.

It's easy to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 AM   #194
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

No expo, means not good for me.

Old 06-04-2008, 02:30 AM   #195
gfdengine204
Super Contributor

View gfdengine204's Gallery6
Club: RC Dusters, AMA 3875, Sandwich, IL
Send a message via AIM to gfdengine204
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

No expo, means not good for me.
No Spektrum, means not good for me.....

- Kev
AMA 873921
RC Dusters Flying Club, AMA 3875, Sandwich, IL

Question with Boldness. Hold to the Truth. Speak without fear.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:36 AM   #196
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

I agree with that 100% Kev.

Old 06-04-2008, 05:21 AM   #197
aviatordave
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

There is no interference amongst the corn fields . (I even own a dx7...)

If someone was starting out in the hobby and didnt want to spend a bunch, I'd recommend it.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:49 PM   #198
Ribcracker
Flight Junkie

And having an extra radio on a different channel means you could tow up your own glider, quickly bring the tow-plane back down, switch radios and soar from way up there where a high-start could never take you.
What else...? You could have dog-fights with your wife, neighbor, or guest pilot.
Yeah, you can't have too many radios.

Old 06-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #199
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Send a message via AIM to FlyingMonkey
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  AV Contest 
Friends: (24)

no expo, but...

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...C1746906&img=l

Self proclaimed dictator of the Flite Test fan club.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:14 AM   #200
Liquidity
Combat Vet

Awards Showcase

15% off your ENTIRE order
http://www.hobby-lobby.com/father15...._campaign=0098

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > Basement Bargains

Tags
crash , hobby , lobby , sale