Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General Electric Discussions Talk about topics related to e-powered RC flying

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-31-2007, 10:31 PM   #1
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Friends: (0)
Default Comprehensive List of Available Electric Flight Components w/ Specs., Prices, & Links

I have been developing a resource where people can find and compare all the available options for a given component in one place, i.e. lipos, gyros, servos, motors, etc. With the hundreds of products and choices that are available it has become an exhaustive task to even locate all the product options which exist.

It is in spreadsheet format and allows you to sort by headings as well as filter the given lists. Outside of normal statistics (weight, dimensions, etc.) there are columns which allow you to sort to determine which battery offers the most bang for the buck (capacity per dollar) or capacity per weight (mAh/gram).

The website will be updated daily and also provides a link to the lowest price available online to purchase each item. Check it out here:

http://progressiverc.com/research

Feedback on this work in progress would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know what you would like to see added and information posted in this thread will be incorporated into the website. So, if you'd like to see a product that I am missing, you see a stat that is wrong, or if you know where you can find an item for a lower price please post it here.

Cheers,
David
Old 11-02-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
aviatordave
Super Contributor

View aviatordave's Gallery10
Club: A wooden stick used for hitting.
Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Outstanding Contributor Award  AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (29)

<TABLE class=tbl id=id_TBL width="100%" summary=Data><TBODY id=id_BODY><TR><TD id=t_6>Spektrum</TD><TD id=t_6>AR6100</TD><TD id=t_7>6</TD><TD id=t_7>3.5</TD><TD id=t_6>DSM</TD><TD id=t_6> </TD><TD id=t_8>$49.99</TD><TD id=t_6>DSM2 MicroLite
</TD><TD id=t_9>http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Your spektrum AR6100 rx can be found cheaper at www.toddsmodels.com - $39 (hidden price, it shows $59 until you add it to your cart then drops)

good site, you have done alot of homework

Old 11-02-2007, 07:05 PM   #3
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
<table class="tbl" id="id_TBL" summary="Data" width="100%"><tbody id="id_BODY"><tr><td id="t_6">Spektrum</td><td id="t_6">AR6100</td><td id="t_7">6</td><td id="t_7">3.5</td><td id="t_6">DSM</td><td id="t_6"> </td><td id="t_8">$49.99</td><td id="t_6">DSM2 MicroLite
</td><td id="t_9">http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SPM6100</td></tr></tbody></table>

Your spektrum AR6100 rx can be found cheaper at www.toddsmodels.com - $39 (hidden price, it shows $59 until you add it to your cart then drops)

good site, you have done alot of homework
Thanks for the heads-up, I will update the pricing and provide this link.

Cheers,
David
Old 11-04-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
38Super

Black Dog RC has some decent prices on motors, batteries, . . .

http://64.33.154.92/blackdogrc/index.jsp?c=4526255
Old 11-04-2007, 04:30 AM   #5
Slowjohn
You can bury me after I'm done flying

Club: Just Some Friends
Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (28)
Default Low pricing, $2 shipping, fast service before & after

Take a look at www.headsuprc.com for lots of good low priced items. Believe he still has everything shipped at $2 for ea. order no matter the size.
Great idea.

SJ

Blue Skies, Calm Breezes & A Full Hanger
Makes Me A Very Happy Man
Old 11-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #6
simibill
General Factotum

View simibill's Gallery34
Club: Simi Valley Flyers
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (10)

Feedback on this work in progress would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
David
That's a lot of good work. I did notice that on each LiPo page the search text always reads 2S

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out shouting, Holy Crap... what a ride.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:54 PM   #7
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Originally Posted by simibill View Post
That's a lot of good work. I did notice that on each LiPo page the search text always reads 2S
Thanks for pointing that out! I will revise the search text and will also be adding heading lock to make it easier to read as you scroll down the page.

If anyone notices any specific products that need to be added or see a lower price than what is shown please post a link to it so that I can get it updated.

- David
Old 12-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #8
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

I have added the balance connector type as part of the description for each battery as suggested by another user. Here is a partial screenshot of the 3S LiPo battery list filtered by "2100 mAh" and sorted by mAh per gram as an example of what's available:

If you see any updates or revisions that need to be made please let me know.

Cheers!
David
Old 12-16-2007, 06:30 PM   #9
pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

write2dgray, You've done a lot of work.
Is it possible to have a rating system for the different retailers?

I rather spend a little more from a vendor that gives me great service and returns without hassles.

Blackdogrc has been like that for me, and I even though his prices are competitive I would pay a premium for service like his.

Paul
Old 12-16-2007, 06:48 PM   #10
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Originally Posted by pd1 View Post
write2dgray, You've done a lot of work.
Is it possible to have a rating system for the different retailers?

I rather spend a little more from a vendor that gives me great service and returns without hassles.

Blackdogrc has been like that for me, and I even though his prices are competitive I would pay a premium for service like his.

Paul
Paul,

I am working on finishing up a seperate list of online sites and vendors which will have some form of rating system for each site. I am also making good progress on providing a more complete list of motors and have recently added the complete line of AXI, Neu, and Scorpion motors with all the motor parameters.

- David
Old 12-19-2007, 04:41 PM   #11
cloud-9

Originally Posted by Slowjohn View Post
Take a look at www.headsuprc.com for lots of good low priced items. Believe he still has everything shipped at $2 for ea. order no matter the size.
Great idea.

SJ

I don't know how good his stuff is, but he's helpful and you can't beat $2 shipping no matter how big the order. I just ordered a power setup for my cub, including motor, esc, ubec, brackets and prop adapter, for $75 shipped. But for $10 more I could have gotten a Scorpion motor which is probably better quality. The esc and ubec are where the real savings were. So, we'll see how they hold up.

Jim

New Mexico, USA
Old 12-19-2007, 05:02 PM   #12
Slowjohn
You can bury me after I'm done flying

Club: Just Some Friends
Awards Showcase

1kW  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (28)

Howdy cloud-9,
Jeff has been very helpful to me and I'm extremely pleased with his service and products. I'm positive you'll be happy too. I had a 2200mAh lipo I'd gotten from him puff up on me after about 4 or 5 flights. I emailed him asking what could've caused the problem and he sent me a new one that day at no cost to me. 95% of what I have now has come from Jeff so I'm very happy with what he's sent me and I haven't heard anything bad about him so...

Standing By,
SJ

Blue Skies, Calm Breezes & A Full Hanger
Makes Me A Very Happy Man
Old 12-19-2007, 10:18 PM   #13
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

The website has been updated with products from BlackDogRC and HeadsUpRC. I have also added the complete line of AXI, Scorpion, and Neu motors to the brushless motor list. The gyro list has also more than doubled and represents a fairly comprehensive and current list of all the gyros out there.

Cheers!

- David
Old 12-20-2007, 03:24 AM   #14
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

Good work. I'm a newbie and found your compulation to be quite helpful! I've been searching for a good flight sim I could use with the DX7 that I have on the way. I like the FS one by Hangar 9. It allows you to use the DX7 via wireless. Excellent job!!

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12-25-2007, 02:24 PM   #15
jeholliday

Friends: (1)

Boy that is a lot of work. Now if this old man can comprehend what you are relating. Thanks alot, DOC Holliday
Old 12-25-2007, 09:31 PM   #16
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Originally Posted by jeholliday View Post
Boy that is a lot of work. Now if this old man can comprehend what you are relating. Thanks alot, DOC Holliday
I hope that everyone can benefit from the information. It can be a daunting task to find and compare all the product options which exist. Please feel free to ask any questions you have about the info presented and I'd be happy to help explain.

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to all!

- David
Old 12-25-2007, 11:04 PM   #17
pfatz

Thumbs up Sim

Mikewratterman (sp)
Hey mike, I have a Real Flight 3.5 and I am less that enthralled with it + it will not use my DX7.

I saw a new Phoenix Sim at my LHS & it blew me away using a DX7. Things, like reflection in water where a Heli was setting, Ripples on a lake when overflying the water in ground effect, visability in the distance and a realistic sound when it crashed into the lake were all unreal. My LHS does not have it but I ordered it from Heliguy in the UK. Price delivered was just right and it is on the way. Heliguy says @ 5 days but it is Christmas so...........

The LHS said it uses much less memory in your computer and was very helpful in learning a new, difficult 3D manuever. The manuever worked out great for the first time in the field. He has all sims but said, Phoenix is the best of all.!
Good luck EdH
Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 PM   #18
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

I have made some major updates to the lists to include a lot of new products and pricing on lipos and other electric flight components. Many new brushless motors have been added including the complete line from AXI, HiMax, Hyperion, Neu, Plettenburg, Razor, RS-Motoren, Scorpion, and a few others. Let me know if you see any I missed and I'll continue to add to the lists. Enjoy!

http://www.progressiverc.com/Research.html

Old 01-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #19
lawn-dart

Friends: (3)
Default Very good job....

I'm impressed with the work you've done and on behalf of most of us.....THANK YOU......putting everything in one place and then making updates,,,,, impressive....again thank you.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:19 PM   #20
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

No problem, I'm glad I can give back to the community and save everyone a lot of time and trouble.

The lipo list is very complete and I am now working on bringing the motor and servo lists to a more comprehensive state. Hundreds of motors have been added recently with vital statistics in an effort to get caught up on all the products which are around. If you see any products that need to be added, have stats to help complete or correct a current listing, or see a lower price please post a link.

I am also working on finishing up a list of all the different heli models with significant stats as well as a list of online sites and resources which should prove helpful.

Cheers!
David
Old 01-13-2008, 01:47 AM   #21
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

The latest lipos from DualSky and the Cellpro Revolectrix Black Label line have been added as well as hundreds of additional brushless motors and ESCs. Here are the current counts for each list:

Old 01-13-2008, 02:17 AM   #22
Murocflyer
WAA-08 Pilot #1

Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot  AV Contest  AP Contest Winner 

Keep up the great work David!

And don't forget about Todd's Models and Stevens Aero during your research. They also give military discounts.

Frank
Old 02-03-2008, 01:58 AM   #23
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Keep up the great work David!

And don't forget about Todd's Models and Stevens Aero during your research. They also give military discounts.

Frank
Thanks for the tip Frank, I show many products carried by those two companies.

All the lists have been recently updated to include many new products and the motor list has been expanded to include every motor from Hobbycity/United Hobbies. The complete lines from many other manufacturers including Mega Motors, MP Jet, MicroDAN, Torcman, Suppo, Turnigy were added and there are now over 1200 motors listed in total. Columns can be sorted in the spreadsheets by clicking on the column headings. Enjoy!

Here's a snapshot of what's currently listed:

- David
Old 02-19-2008, 04:11 AM   #24
write2dgray
ProgressiveRC

I just got through updating the lists with many new lipos, ESCs, and motors. All the brushless motors from E-Flite have been added to the list as well as the complete updated line from Medusa Research. There are now over 1400 different motors listed! Let me know if you guys see anything else that needs to get added and help me and your fellow hobbyists out by posting up a link.

Cheers,
David
Old 02-19-2008, 04:38 AM   #25
Larry3215
Look out for that tree!!!

View Larry3215's Gallery63
Club: Kitsap ARCS & E-FLAPS
Awards Showcase

90 Minute Thermal Duration  60 Minute Thermal Duration  30 Minute Thermal Duration  4kW 
Friends: (21)

Outstanding work David!

Thank you!!!!

Larry

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > General Electric Discussions