Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #26
zappedalaskan

View zappedalaskan's Gallery4
Friends: (0)

I am trying to get it flying and trimmed before she gets home. I think she will want to take it over. My two year old likes it a lot. She likes fact that it is yellow. lol kids. Well it is time for it's first flight.
Jay

There are two dogs inside of me. One is good, one is evil.
These two dogs are always fighting a constant battle.
Which dog wins? The one I feed the most...
Old 12-07-2005, 04:20 AM   #27
zappedalaskan

I Have four packs through it now and it is trimmed in and a hover machine.
I would recomend this heli to anyone who has never flown a heli. If you use the radds method until your comfortable flying it around. As an experienced heli pilot, I have to say this thing is a great value to any heli pilot beginner and old pilot alike. It is relaxing to fly. It is pretty zippy as well I found it to hover right at 65~70 percent throttle will and jump quickly from there to WOT. It is more responsive than the XRB I ran. and geared very nicely from the factory. I only had to make two minor trim adjustments on the controller.
Debbie- That one that came in today was a sign that you folks need to try one out The wife likes it a lot. She used up most of the fourth pack.
That is really saying something because we have been together for 13 years and the only thing I could ever get her to run is her monster truck I built her. She is glad I have something besides my Trex to play with indoors. It really is one of the best rc values out there right now IMHO
Take care,
Jay

Old 12-07-2005, 11:12 AM   #28
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Send a message via AIM to debhicks

Well good. I am glad your happy. We'll get one when they become more available to the dealers. Right now they are all backordered to us. Thanks for the update. Right now we just want to get through the holidays. It's proving to be a very slow December in the Retail business.

Debbie Hicks AMA# 8601 Leader Member - Industrial
AD2H Amateur Extra Class Radio Operator
Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
Will's Hobbies Classified - Free
Asheville-Buncombe-Aeromodelers
Etowah Lions Club - Newsletter Editor, President 2006/2007
WCARS
Henderson County RACES member

Loving the Mountains of North Carolina
Old 12-08-2005, 03:19 PM   #29
RW650
Heli of a guy

View RW650's Gallery6
Talking

Hey Jay,
Now that you have your CX and have had a couple days to play with it, have you been able to do any cool tricks with it? I had to ask because you are an experienced Heli guy.

It's gotta be somewhere in this cornfield.....
Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 PM   #30
zappedalaskan

It took me a few packs to get used to the smaller power system. If you get after the sticks to much, you have to add throttle to compensate for the power taken from the esc and used for the servos. After getting used to that I started to try a few things with it. It is a blast to fly around. I have been practicing patterns (figure 8's ect..)flying backwards. Nose and side in slide landings. (I only fly over the vinyl floor or garage) Carpet or grass will get your flybar if it tips over. It is a blast to punch it right up to the ceiling and then back off one or two clicks. When it starts to come back down pitch the tail back and put it in a spin to the right and add power accordingly, it will funnel right down to the floor. This little heli is a blast. I read over at the big heli site (RR) where a lot of people mostly experienced pilots are complaining.. "The first time it tipped over on the carpet the flybar holder broke" " I just hit the couch a little and the flybar holder broke" They are saying it is a defect.. Anyone with any experience knows that if you tip a heli over (Any heli) on carpet or grass the flybar is toast. With my bigger heli's I fly off of asphalt or hard pack. I know that sounds wacky, but grass will grab your heli and if it tips it will grab the flybar every time. The same applies to carpet. I have rapped on the trash can a few times but if you chop the throttle fast enough it is not a problem. I have a dozen flights on mine and it is like brand new. It has hit the floor hard enough to make me cringe a couple of times, it bounces right back skyward. I think it is a great value for under $200. Worth every penny. I still use my futaba conquest 4ch Radio I remember paying $200 for it by itself 15 years ago.
Take care,
Jay
PS. RW experienced only means I have crashed more than some folks I try to remember not to do the same thing the next time..

Old 12-09-2005, 12:11 AM   #31
timocharis
Dave North

Flew one for a few minutes at my LHS -- the first time I ever flew a helicopter, in an aisle. No problem.

Anybody with reasonable flight experience (full house: gotta have rudder acclimation) will be able to pick this sucker up in no time. I wouldn't hesitate to fly it in the garage right now, if I had one.

Which, probably, I soon will.

Dave
Old 12-09-2005, 12:51 AM   #32
zappedalaskan

Hi Dave,
Never a better time to become a heli pilot

Old 12-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #33
timocharis
Dave North

zap:

You're probably right! That thing was ridiculously easy, and that first part of the curve is supposed to be so steep.

But it's not wise to make purchases before xmas, at least around here. You never know what santette has already glommed up.

Dave
Old 12-09-2005, 07:32 PM   #34
Tonym

EFLH1212... Inner Shaft w/Hub & Main Gear Set.

That's the part you're gonna need on a blade strike.

As I posted before the blades on the CX are fixed in position and they don't fold on impact. So when I hovered a little too close to the sofa and the blade hit, it shattered the upper rotor head which is attached to the top of the inner shaft.

Luckily I though this would happen so I ordered 2 replacement inner shafts last weekend.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:18 PM   #35
sancho2

Default cx blade strike

I hit my couch also and bought the new parts and installed them but now when i get 1 inch of the ground the heli wobbles like crazy and then wants to crash to the ground. haven t figured this one out yet but im gaining experiance on taken this apart and puttin it back together. I also tried a new set of upper and lower blades but that didnt help. any advice would be welcome.
Old 12-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #36
Tonym

Check your tracking. Also check to make sure you didn't bend the flybar.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:03 AM   #37
flyboyblinder

Unhappy Blade CX Problems

Hello, I have the Blade Cx, kind of new to all of this, have an xrb lama that I can fly around pretty good. The blade cx just wont stop nose turning to the left, even after full trim on the transmitter to the right and adjusting the proportional adjustment on the receiver. I am unsure what to do next. To fly the machine I must give a fair amount of right input other wise it just beging to turn always to the left all by itself. Anybody with any ideas, I hope there is a fix.

Thanks
Steve
Old 12-10-2005, 09:10 AM   #38
zappedalaskan

Originally Posted by flyboyblinder View Post
Hello, I have the Blade Cx, kind of new to all of this, have an xrb lama that I can fly around pretty good. The blade cx just wont stop nose turning to the left, even after full trim on the transmitter to the right and adjusting the proportional adjustment on the receiver. I am unsure what to do next. To fly the machine I must give a fair amount of right input other wise it just beging to turn always to the left all by itself. Anybody with any ideas, I hope there is a fix.

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve,
On page 15 of your owners manual look at the picture of the 4-in-1 set up. Just under the status LED (red/green light) Is the Main Motor Proportional Mix Trimmer Pot. Mine had the same problem, probably not as bad. I think they set them that way so you can let go of the right stick and it starts going in circles, with a slight nose down attitude. This makes it sit and hover in one small circle. A lot of it is ground effect as well and calms down when the model gets a few feet off the floor out of it's own rotor wash. I am not sure which way you are supose to turn it, but thats what your after to bring it into trim. Best of luck with your new heli. I sure like mine.
TonyM-
Thank's for the part number I will have to stock a couple up. I have had good luck so far. But who knows how long that will last
Regards,
Jay

Old 12-10-2005, 03:15 PM   #39
gutsandglory

Got my CX flying, awesome, contacts wall, not so awesome.Broke the "Stabilizer Flybar Hub/Holder". Do I have to purchase and replace the whole inner shaft assembly and is that a difficult job? Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:18 PM   #40
sancho2

Default blade cx fix

depends on if the hub just broke or the hub and the upper rotor head #007. if the part number 007 broke then you will have to replace the shaft and that part is sold with the hub 007 and the main gear for 8 dollars at my hobby shop. If you have to replace the shaft then turn the heli over and look thru the battery compartment and you will see the screw holding the shaft in. this is the only screw you have to deal with. dumb me went and losened the screws all the way down the shaft when i didnt need to. well it was a learning experiance and now my heli is flying great once i replaced a damaged blade also.
the part number for that screw you have to losen to change the shaft is 036 inner shaft retaining collar on page 34 of the instruction book. take care and happy flying
Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 PM   #41
Hunter850

Default Taking the plunge for the CX

First off thank you Debbie for the parts for my CP. It only took about 1 week for the parts to arrive in Nova Scotia. My Cp was back flying in no time.

Ordered a CX today from my LHS, should be here on Thursday. Might wrap it up for the tree ( from Santa) if I can wait. Been reading all of the posts here and at RC Universe. Looks like a good way to pass the cold winter months. I fly my CP in my garage now but, I am looking forward to the CX so I can fly in the house.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:11 PM   #42
sancho2

Default cx

Originally Posted by Hunter850 View Post
First off thank you Debbie for the parts for my CP. It only took about 1 week for the parts to arrive in Nova Scotia. My Cp was back flying in no time.

Ordered a CX today from my LHS, should be here on Thursday. Might wrap it up for the tree ( from Santa) if I can wait. Been reading all of the posts here and at RC Universe. Looks like a good way to pass the cold winter months. I fly my CP in my garage now but, I am looking forward to the CX so I can fly in the house.
im sure you will like the blade cx as once i figured out how to fly it correctly it has been alot of fun. on the hub part that breaks for everyone-since i bought my replacement part that is not glued i haven broken another one yet as if you crash my flybar just pops off. i have ruined a few upper blades but those are cheap and easy to replace. now if it would just quit being windy where i live i could get out ant try my OMP TORNADO-AKA COLCO THUNDERBIRD and see if i can fly that heli. adios all
Old 12-20-2005, 12:23 AM   #43
timocharis
Dave North

Anybody have a chance to fly both the Bcx and the Coco Lama (cheaper?) Be interested to hear how they compare.

Dave North
Old 12-20-2005, 05:51 AM   #44
funnysticks

Default Got my CX

Wife let me get the CX as a christmas gift for myself. She Been puting up with my R/C habit for over 35 years. I am still learning to hover my CP, but after reading about the CX here, I had to have one. Well it is all that every one said it was. Very easy to fly and reliable. I did adjust the rudder trim on the 4in one and got the trim a little more centered, but it will drift a little as the battery discharges. Flew with 2 others with CX's in the local school gym on Saturday along with CP's and some fixed wing planes, but I had so much fun with the CX that barely flew my other stuff. The other guys were flying formation with the CX's and I was able to land in my hand on my 3rd flight. When I got home I flew the CX from my dining room through the kitchen and then into the living room where my wife was watching tv. I then landed on the coffee table as I was still standing in the kitchen where she could not see me. She has watched me practice with my CP and when I then walked into the living room and bowed, she applauded me. She still doesn't how easy it is to fly. She thinks I have mastered helis. I will have to eventually confess, but not just yet.
I guess I need to go back to the gym and practice with the CP some more, but will probably will leave the CX at home or I will wind up flying it and leave the CP sitting. This new little chopper is way FUN. Dan
Old 12-20-2005, 07:53 AM   #45
helo-watt

The BCX is awesome! I had it hovering an hour after opening the box. Truly a very stable ship. After about 22 flights or so I took it outside in winds that I should have known not to fly in. Crashed hard into the side of my Durango. The flybar popped off with the flybar holder and linkage attached to it. The whole thing flew about 20 ft from the crash site. After straigtening the flybar, this pup was back in a hover. E-flite has made flying fun again!
Old 12-20-2005, 09:17 AM   #46
zappedalaskan

Originally Posted by timocharis View Post
Anybody have a chance to fly both the Bcx and the Coco Lama (cheaper?) Be interested to hear how they compare.

Dave North
Hi Dave,
I haven't flown the coco Lama, but there is a review posted on RCU about it. http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=602 They say it is pretty much the same same machine. The specs. are pretty much the same right down to the LiPo batt specs. and the charger. I would lean towards the Blade for parts availability. I know H-L will have parts for the coco, but you can get E-flight parts almost anywhere. On the personal side, I like the fuse style on the blade a lot. I think it is a nice departure from the "oil derrick" style body. (That is a personal preference) I do know that my blade put a whole new meaning to RTF The Lipo even had a charge already. I had it from the box and in the air within 20 minutes. That was including unhooking the motor leads and double checking the cyclic control functions. Popped the canopy back on, set it on the floor and advanced the throttle. The little heli jumped off the floor and started doing circles. A few clicks of left rudder and it was hovering like a rock. I have 40 flights on it so far without one problem. I can't say that about any rc I have or have ever had. I am sure the coco is a good machine and much the same as the blade cx. There is also a "police" fuse coming out this month and you can make it a cop chopper.
While I know you asked for more of an opinion on the coco, After looking at it and reading the review it looks very comparable in every aspect but the fuse style. I guess the bottom line is price, body stylings and parts availability.
I hope this helps in any way. Just get one and come bs with us in the heli dept. We are happy to have you and all the new Blade owners posting about these new helis. Happy hovering either way you go
Take care,
Jay

Old 12-20-2005, 11:23 AM   #47
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Originally Posted by Hunter850 View Post

Been out of the loop for a week. No internet Your welcome. That didn't take long.

Well from all that are using it they are pleased. CX. You will be too.

Have a wonderful Holiday.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 12-20-2005, 03:05 PM   #48
zappedalaskan

Welcome back Debbie,
Happy holidays to you and Will Thanks again for eveything! My little heli is still going strong.
Regards,
Jay

Old 12-22-2005, 08:08 AM   #49
Kim

Send a message via MSN to Kim
Default Blade CX!!

Hello, I decided to buy Blade CX, but I don't know where I should buy from. I noticed that some of you bought it from debhicks.

debhicks, do you still sell Blade CX? If so, I want to buy it from you, too. Because it seems like everyone who bought it from you is satisfied.

Could you please reply me how much the total will be including shipping and handling? I'm in Indiana (Zip code: 47905) And any suggestions to buy it with? I noticed that the flyber(not sure) is the weakest part on BCX.

Please let me know.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:09 AM   #50
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

The CX qualifies for free shipping. Handling is $1.50. However they are out of stock. We won't be able to get any until Jan. They are backordered.

Sorry. We would love to help you out but won't be able to. You may be able to find it elsewhere if you need it quicker.

We sold the last one at 4 pm yesterday.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters