Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-22-2005, 10:26 AM   #51
Kim

Send a message via MSN to Kim
Friends: (0)
Default i will wait!!!!

Originally Posted by debhicks View Post
The CX qualifies for free shipping. Handling is $1.50. However they are out of stock. We won't be able to get any until Jan. They are backordered.

Sorry. We would love to help you out but won't be able to. You may be able to find it elsewhere if you need it quicker.

We sold the last one at 4 pm yesterday.

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

i will practice on reflex xtr till jan.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:04 PM   #52
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Send a message via AIM to debhicks

Practice makes perfect!

Debbie Hicks AMA# 8601 Leader Member - Industrial
AD2H Amateur Extra Class Radio Operator
Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
Will's Hobbies Classified - Free
Asheville-Buncombe-Aeromodelers
Etowah Lions Club - Newsletter Editor, President 2006/2007
WCARS
Henderson County RACES member

Loving the Mountains of North Carolina
Old 12-26-2005, 08:57 PM   #53
megaglow_Z

hey guys.

the cx spinning is due to heat.

if you do this-
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=504

it will stop it.

also if you read the whole thread,http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=424524
there is EVERYthing youll need to know there.lol
Old 12-27-2005, 05:47 PM   #54
Hunter850

Thumbs up CX First Flights

Unwrapped my cx (self-imposed) xmas present and was flying right away. Great little heli for indoor flying. Only had to adjust the controller a bit and she hovers perfectly. I have owned a Raptor 30 gasser in the past and presently own a Draganflyer Vi Pro as well as a Blade CP. I have also played with G2 sim and currently own Aerofly Pro Deluxe sim.

I guess with all of this a CX would seem a bit quiet, but I must say it is a lot of fun and would be a great learning tool for someone wanting to get into Heli flying. Especially with winter set in it is nice to fly in a confined space.

For new flyers remember to take your time. I read a lot about pilots breaking parts by hitting things and complaining about it.

Of all the flying I have done all I have broken so far are a few blades and supports and maybe my nerves :o. Maybe its my age(50) but I have learned to take things easy and do lots of research before trying something. These forums are the excellent and with a bit of reading and a few questions almost anything can be found. It pays for itself in the end.

With that said I still had the CX flying in less than 2 mins after a battery charge.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:36 PM   #55
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Here is some more data for you. Talked with our salesman today about the part breaking so easily. It was made to do that. Yep. I guess the linkage is hooked to a lot of critical parts and if it didn't break easily it would break a lot of parts inside. And it will break if you hit something with it.

Hope that tidbit helps.

Parts have been pushed until next week for delivery to Horizon. I double checked that this morning for you guys waiting for your parts or trying to find them. Sorry. I did my best to fanagle some hidden box of treasures this morning.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 12-28-2005, 03:31 PM   #56
vansrv8er

Guys,
Santa (wonderful wife)was good to me this year and brought me a CX.
This thing is a blast! I already have a CP and have been frustrated and scared to fly it more than a couple of feet off of the ground. This thing will help me advance. I agree with everyone that is a very delicate machine which I would expect from just about anything of this size that actually flies. It is precice and I would however like to see some hop ups making it even more. Anodized everything and carbon! Swash grips blades. Coining a Precision Micro Indoor Heli. I had a vertibird years ago when I was a kid. Used to pick up toy cars and carry them around to drop off making mock rescues.
I think I could relive those days with this thing making a hook and lifting up small light objects then dropping them off. If any one of you know where to get hop ups for this thing please let me know!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:45 AM   #57
megaglow_Z

Originally Posted by debhicks View Post
Here is some more data for you. Talked with our salesman today about the part breaking so easily. It was made to do that. Yep. I guess the linkage is hooked to a lot of critical parts and if it didn't break easily it would break a lot of parts inside. And it will break if you hit something with it.

Hope that tidbit helps.

Parts have been pushed until next week for delivery to Horizon. I double checked that this morning for you guys waiting for your parts or trying to find them. Sorry. I did my best to fanagle some hidden box of treasures this morning.
If it was made to break,why is horizon admiting its a flaw and offering a new aluminum one?
I did the thread,ca reinforcement on it and its fine now.its not suppose to break,it should have been made to pop off.
alot of us cx owners are reinforcing the mount and taking the screw out so it pops off.

It breaks WAY to easy to be made to do that.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 AM   #58
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

That is a question you would have to pose to Horizon. I would not want to speculate on why production on a low cost RTR would have and have not items on it for certain things.

I would imagine they did what they did to keep the Heli in the price range. I kinda wish that balsa wasn't so unforgiving

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 12-31-2005, 08:56 PM   #59
megaglow_Z

From one of the big gun's at horizion.
In responce to being asked about the new ALUMINUM flybar part!!!
WOOHOO!

"We have just begun testing of these factory produced parts, but initial results are good.
(It is hard to crash these intentionally when they are new! We will have to do some crashes soon, after the basic performance is confirmed.)

Probably in a week or so we should be able to post some more news likely including: Part No, Price, and Timing.

Looks very nice, and I feel certain it will be very durable. Obviously, it costs a lot more to make than the plastic parts, but we will do our best to make it affordable.
I expect it is 3-6 weeks away in any case.

Thanks to all our CX customers.... Enjoy!

David
EFL, PKZ, HBZ"

I cant wait for the part!
saw a picture of it,it's blue anodized.
Old 12-31-2005, 09:24 PM   #60
Tonym

Just send me a few, I'll have them crash tested in a few hours.

I've broken about 4 upper rotors and 2 lower rotors. Thankfully I still have 4 replacement uppers but only 1 lower.

If it flys, I can crash it.
Old 01-08-2006, 11:00 PM   #61
zappedalaskan

View zappedalaskan's Gallery4
Default Eflh1212

Debbie,
I got my spare EFLH1212, and servos in the mail yesterday! The postal service must like you, I always get my stuff fast from you folks. Odd I get things fast all the way up here from the Quick of Japan Importer too and he is just across the border in Pageland SC. If I get things from the west coast, it takes two more days and they are 2,000 miles closer! Go figure..
I have yet to break the flybar on my BCX with almost 100 flights on it so far I spose it will see the spare sitting on the bench and be wanting to break now lol. Anyway, I just wanted to drop you a note and say thank you kindly for everything, and thank you for packing everything so well. It made it by the "punisher" (some call him the mailman) . I am eyeing up a spektrum DX6 for next payday. Will clued me in to the fact that it does have 3 Heli modes. Then I read the RCU review where Mr. Krantz tested it in a blade cp. I wish I had read it sooner :o
You and will take care and have a great Day!
Regards,
Jay

There are two dogs inside of me. One is good, one is evil.
These two dogs are always fighting a constant battle.
Which dog wins? The one I feed the most...
Old 01-08-2006, 11:04 PM   #62
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Well glad to hear you got the stuff. My sister always recieved things fast. But from there it is slow.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 01-12-2006, 06:07 AM   #63
OLD GUY

Default co co lama tip

After a week of trying to hover i Tried advancing throttle trim lever all the way (before lift off) . It was a big help ,stableizing lift off & now when i chop throttle too fast it doesn't drop like a rock!
Also using ONE small dowell crosswise with wooden beads (size of an olive) ! Dowell is length of rotor , no tip over ! It works.
OLD GUY
Old 01-13-2006, 02:46 PM   #64
admin
Administrator

Friends: (5)

I just posted a quick review on the Blade CX. Also have a video to show it in action. enjoy

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=624

Marc Vigod
RC Forums

SAVE A YORKIE FUNDRAISER - Click here to learn more

Old 01-13-2006, 11:07 PM   #65
zappedalaskan

Thumbs up

Very nice review Marc! The video is great. "confuses dogs of all sizes" I had to laugh. My 160 pound Japanese Akita would love to get my Blade cx. He is not confused...He knows he wants.. To eat it! Needless to say he goes outside when I am on house patrol with mine. I agree with five stars across the board. It is not crash-proof, but hey what is? Mine has hit the floor hard enough to make me cringe, only to bounce back up in the air and keep on hovering.
Regards,
Jay

Old 01-14-2006, 04:36 AM   #66
funnysticks

Smile My Blade CX

Have been flying my blade CX about three weeks now and I love it. My wife doesn't scream and leave the room now when I fly it through the house. My grandson was at the house yesterday and I was flying thru the kitchen into the living room where he was watching cartoons and I grazed the side of a cabinet going into the kitchen and it just kept on going with no damage. He looked up when he heard the rotor strike and thought a crash was about to happen. He has seen me flying my Blade CP and those flights have not been very pretty. Well now my grandson is practicing on my G3 sim with the wattnot heli and when he masters that I may lose my CX. The CX is a really great little machine and will make a good way to get some new flyers going. I have smacked into several things and yet to break anything. One of the locals hit an overhead heater in the gym where we fly on saturdays and fell 30+ feet to the floor, broke a couple of blades and one landing gear. He was back in the air w/o the landing gear in about 20 min. This is a tough little bird. Dan Powers
Old 01-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #67
funnysticks

Smile

Why didn't I think of this before? Got tired of fighting to get the battery wires located out of the way on my CX when changing the battery. So I peeled the velcro off of the wire end of the batt. and stuck it on the other end and it has plenty of wire length to reach the connector. Now it soo easy to change batts and the connectors are easier to reach, now that they are on the side and not on the bottom. Works for me. Dan
Old 01-23-2006, 11:47 PM   #68
Brutal E

View Brutal E's Gallery9

Actually bought a pair of CP's to learn on at X-mas. Just picked up a CX today for house flying. The learning I have done on my CP was great. Flying the CX is just a blast. I love it. I would suggest it to anybody looking to get started. Even you vets will enjoy this little heli.

Two T-Rex 450 SA's, 2 Cp's, both with the enhacements, one has all metal head, DX6, and E-Flite gyro, CX, CX2, Mosquito, MX400, building a HDX300. New to this hobby since X-mas 2005.
Old 01-25-2006, 02:30 PM   #69
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

New bling bling for the CX. Always wanted to say that. Now that I have the right one. Visit to see the bling bling.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 01-25-2006, 03:56 PM   #70
zappedalaskan

Oh sure..Now you come up with this item, and I still have the new EFLH1212 sitting here in the package. I guess I will have to get "Bling'd" on my next order
Jay

Old 01-25-2006, 04:12 PM   #71
vansrv8er

Default CX Hop ups needed

Anyone out there know of carbon hop ups for this thing yet? Is anyone making any? I would also like to see a cnc swash and grips. Then a hinged type blade, like is used on everything else. When there is a rotor strike, most of the energy is absorbed in the pivot rather than on the blade and pin itself. I love this little bird and would like to see more hop ups! So all of you hop up engineers, carbon guys and aluminum masters I know I am not the only one who would pay for these mods! Just making my wish list known
Old 01-25-2006, 09:22 PM   #72
zappedalaskan

Debbie,
You should really try the cx out. I bet you would have it hovering around the store just having a ball with it. Best part is that it has no tail motor to break It really is a pleasure to fly..
Jay

Old 01-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #73
debhicks
Debbie Hicks

Had one in here today. Will tested it. Guy fried his 4n1 and we had to replace it for him. He flew it here behind the counter. He trimmed it out so the young man would have a better chance of flying. We are charging the battery right now. He toyed with the idea of just flying the heli without the body. Wouldn't that be funny looking.

I may give it a go.

Will's Hobbies & CB Shop
WCARS

Old 01-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #74
vansrv8er

Default without the body

Believe it or not it flies without the body just fine, and yes it is the goofiest looking thing ever.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:32 PM   #75
zappedalaskan

Not much to it without the body on it lol. Give it a try, you will like it a lot I bet ya. You guys will be fighting over who gets to fly it
You folks have a great day. I am going to have to get that pretty blue flybar holder in my next order..
Happy hovering,
Jay

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters