Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-17-2008, 12:50 AM   #126
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

View Figure.N9ne's Gallery8
Club: Mako's RC Jet Club
Send a message via AIM to Figure.N9ne
Friends: (3)

the carbon blades actually make the head bog more because they dont flex, i need more head speed. i dunno what the head button is for, but they put it there and it might be needed for weight or something, so it's going back on lol and its convenient to slow the head down with it. and dont worry, i'm sure i'm right where you'll be if you had over 200 flights on yours. while you're busy saving lives in fires and emergencies, i'm playing with a toy helicopter, i rather be where you are!
Old 04-17-2008, 12:55 AM   #127
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5
Friends: (14)

Thanks for the compliment! I enjoy saving lives (actually just helping people more often than not). But I sure like playing too!

" The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value" - Thomas Paine
Old 04-17-2008, 02:15 AM   #128
dimwatt

Friends: (0)

I really gotta hand it to you heli guys.

I now believe helis are the forth dimension.

I've flown many of the RC planes, glow and gas up to 88", but I cannot conquer a heli!

At the club that I fly, they are an almost secret organisation. You have to know the secret password to get help.

I don't know it, nor can I buy it.

I crash the heli flight sims so bad I had to buy a new monitor as I wrecked the bezel!

Someday, before I'm horizontal, I'll get hooked-up....

Until then, I'll marvel at you heli pilots.

I sincerely applaud you all with your fortitude, patience and drive.

-dave-
Oregon

-dave-
Medford, Oregon
Old 04-17-2008, 03:07 AM   #129
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Dave,
There is no time like the present to get into it. Yeah, it takes some work but it is very cool when you start accomplishing the goals you set for yourself!

Got a heli? Fly it.
Need a heli? Buy it!

" The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value" - Thomas Paine
Old 04-17-2008, 05:04 AM   #130
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Originally Posted by Balil View Post
my problem is i cannot fit the 65mg's in my blade 400.... its a real pain in my ass
Balil,
I measured the case size of the HS-65MGs. This is the part that actuall slips into the frame. It does not include the posts for mounting (since you don't need to cut the frame for that part).

I had my handy dandy ruler that has imperial and metric so you're lucky enough to get both!

Width 7/8" or 24mm
Height 15/32" or 12mm

This does not include the little tab at the back of the servo where the wires come out but you can finess those into place without a problem!

I hope this helps.

Let me know the size of the stock opening. I am very interested in hearing if they will fit or not. I don't want to pass on bad info!

Warren.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:55 AM   #131
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by dimwatt View Post
I really gotta hand it to you heli guys.

I now believe helis are the forth dimension.

I've flown many of the RC planes, glow and gas up to 88", but I cannot conquer a heli!

At the club that I fly, they are an almost secret organisation. You have to know the secret password to get help.

I don't know it, nor can I buy it.

I crash the heli flight sims so bad I had to buy a new monitor as I wrecked the bezel!

Someday, before I'm horizontal, I'll get hooked-up....

Until then, I'll marvel at you heli pilots.

I sincerely applaud you all with your fortitude, patience and drive.

-dave-
Oregon

as long as you dont throw the controller at the monitor, crashing on the sim should be really cheap :p. keep practicing on that sim and real life will be a breeze!
Old 04-17-2008, 06:56 AM   #132
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by HeliG View Post
Thanks for the compliment! I enjoy saving lives (actually just helping people more often than not). But I sure like playing too!

no problem, i've spent the last 2 years trying to get hired by a police department down here so i can do my part for the community also. when that happens, i'm sure play time we be cut down drastically so i have to learn what i can while i still have time!
Old 04-17-2008, 02:40 PM   #133
neilg.

Friends: (1)
Default to dimwatt: secret handshake

i have an inside source and videotaped the secret handshake. this will get you into the inner sactum of most r/c clubs:

Old 04-17-2008, 08:57 PM   #134
Dwntyme
Addicted to R/C's

Trex 450 SA here. that's all i fly is Heli's For now

Trex 600N Pro
Trex 450SA
Falcon 3D
AMA #902681
Old 04-18-2008, 02:34 AM   #135
dimwatt

Default Masons look the other way.....

Hey, neilg...

A guy gave me that (almost the) same secret handshake in San Francisco and I ended up doing 30 days in the slammer for battery...

I don't think that's the handshake I'm looking for, my friend, but thanks, nevertheless....

-dave-
Medford, Oregon
Old 04-19-2008, 09:57 PM   #136
neilg.

Default everyone can fly a cx2.

that may be true but i think the cx2 enables you to practice nose in and nose out -- hovering, hovering, hovering -- and with nose in, i am feeling more confident when left is right and right is left.

and it is such a nice day and i am stuck at work right now. i want to burn a battery and spool up . doesn't heli jargon make you all warm and fuzzy
Old 04-19-2008, 09:59 PM   #137
neilg.

was that after he tried to bite you?
freaks in San Francisco
Old 04-20-2008, 03:39 AM   #138
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

i'm getting pretty good at rebuilding this thing! flew it through a wall of trees/tall grass at the field today while working on inverted forward flight... pure dumb thumbs on that one. luckily it missed the canal by a few feet and the damage was the usual. mainshaft, blades, my kb tail blades , tail boom, flybar and canopy.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:30 AM   #139
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Well, I'm finally working on FF. The last flight day I had was Thursday. Seems like forever! It went pretty well though. The wind still scares me but everything was successful. A couple of harder touchdowns but no breaks.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #140
neilg.

Originally Posted by HeliG View Post
Well, I'm finally working on FF. The last flight day I had was Thursday. Seems like forever! It went pretty well though. The wind still scares me but everything was successful. A couple of harder touchdowns but no breaks.
FF stands for First Flight for me
Old 04-23-2008, 02:34 PM   #141
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

OMG! 13t pinion on the 430xl is amazing! 12 mph winds and the heli didnt even flinch. i finally was able to do tic tocs with out the heli bogging to death, i still need that collective management though. inverted hover is super smooth. on the 12t i'd brind it in low inverted and i'd have to fight the collective constantly due to wind, with the 13t it just laughs at the wind with the blades inches off of the grass, its great. i've been reading that people have been using the wood blades with success on the 13t pinion for a while now so i'm going to try it. i feel the carbons hold me back because i'm afraid of crashing since the crash will cost more than double! the piro wall of death is quite the rush but i'm not getting the "of death" part in to the full effect since i still pull out about 10 feet up. i'm now working on inverted forward flight but i cant keep a constant speed and just end up racing away at 50 mph lolol!

best part? my loong max 20c 1800 handled the 13t pinion as well as my kong power 25c 2200. same temp at landing and only 3% less life on my cell pro charger! they have over 70 cycles each, and one is even taco'd but they keep going strong! best $20 battery in the world!
Old 04-25-2008, 03:55 AM   #142
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

I took a little time to myself today and got a couple packs in. Inside I worked on some hover in all directions, piroettes, and FF. Did the hover and FF outside even in the wind. I am really enjoying myself and things are going well enough that I think I need to take the training wheels off. The only problem is that I still feel on edge when I'm flying. When I am running the sim, it's a piece o' cake. I'm not sure how I can transition the two. I think that the bottom line is $$$. Yeah, three $ for triple digit expenses.

Yaniel,
How did you make the jump and not feel so timid with the real thing?

Old 04-25-2008, 04:03 AM   #143
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

neilg,
Are you still around? Haven't heard much from you lately. Still flying?

Old 04-28-2008, 05:09 AM   #144
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

I just got back from my camping / fishing trip. It was a good time and the boys caught lots of fish. I have been missing my heli and I considered taking it out there but I thought that there wasn't going to be enough room. Well when we got there I saw this WIDE OPEN grass area (bigger than a football field) and boy was I bummed! Now that I'm here, I think I should be spending a little time on the sim but I'm too tired.

Why am I even surfing the net right now???

Good night all. Talk to you tomorrow.

G

Old 05-13-2008, 04:23 AM   #145
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Well, what's new? This thread has been quiet for a while. I'm at work again! Working another 48 hour shift!!! I'm starting to think I'm at work more than I'm home. The weather here is starting to get better so it will be more time outside (flying my Trex).

Yaniel,
How has flying been? The last I heard from you was you getting the 13T pinion and flying the crap out of your Trex. Are you still in the air?

Old 05-13-2008, 04:58 AM   #146
Balil
foam murderer :D

Friends: (2)

helig with a little convincing the hs-65mg's did fit into the blade 400. but im interested to know what video card your laptop is running to think that g4 will bog down the computer... i had to update mine when i bought g4. but it works perfectly with a nivida 5200 card, 1g of ram, and 500g hard drive. and to think its my daily basher

what goes up, must come down! *looks around* sometimes they come down harder than we intend
Old 05-13-2008, 05:22 AM   #147
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

Helig, I'm still at it but less than before, ive been busy with the rest of life. I'm on the 13t pinion now on woodies. I bought a set of carbon blades and was able to enjoy them for one flight. The second flight the set screw on the tail of the heli came loose on take off and the Rex did a lovely chicken dance!

I haven't really progressed much recently since the reset button (my wallet) is getting thin LOL. I'm trying to learn inverted forward flight and so far the best way had been doing immelman turns but its slow going since I'm only flying twice a week now vs daily.

How about you?

Hopefully this post makes sense, I made it from my phone.
Old 05-13-2008, 06:18 AM   #148
BoysToys

View BoysToys's Gallery26
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 

Hi all,
I am pretty new to the Wattflyer forums but have been flying helis for a little more than a year now. I started in March of '07 with a HeliMax Axe CP. I then built a T-Rex 450SE V2 in July of '07 and then built a T-Rex 500CF in January of this year. After building the 450, I quit flying the Axe. Now I hardly every fly the 450 since building the 500. I am currently working on my inverted hovering. I hope to be flying some inverted circuits by the end of the summer. The key word there is "hope"!

I was planning on building a T-Rex600 this summer but recently cought the Plane bug. I flew my first plane two months ago, a slow stick, and now own 3. After flying helis for a year the planes are a piece of cake!

Here is a pic of my current helis along with all my models getting ready to go to the field.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4-27-2008 001 small.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	65896   Click image for larger version

Name:	4-27-2008 006 small.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	65897  
Old 05-13-2008, 01:14 PM   #149
bassplayinDude

Club: www.nedsinct.org
Awards Showcase

Ambassador Award 
Friends: (5)

BoysToys,

I did the same thing when my "reset button" (LOL, thanks Yaniel) broke. Got out my Super Cub and realized that planes are a hell of a lot more relaxing to fly than helicopters and even with my patented insta-stop landings, nothing has broken on it. Picked up a ParkZone Ember for the cost of two Blade 400 repairs and have been flying that basically non-stop so the heli stuff has moved off to the side.

I did get an HBK2 yesterday so I will be moving back to helis, but with all the stress involved with flying anything other than my HBFP, I'm in no big rush. Heck, I'm asking for a ParkZone Vapor Bind-n-Fly model for Father's day. It'll be able to connect to my DX6i and looks to be quite fun.

I'm not abandoning helis, but I may play a bit more on the sim (and wait for some US shops to actually get ESky parts back in stop) before getting airborne with the whirly birds again.

E-Flite Blade mCP-X, mQX
Lightflite BUG
Old 05-17-2008, 02:19 AM   #150
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Sweet. A couple more sucessful packs today doing figure 8s. I had a couple pucker factor moments but everything went well. This heli stuff is a blast. I'm thinking that at this rate, I'll be inverted by July.

My G4 sim time really does help.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk

Tags
heli , pilots , wanted