Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

General RC E-Heli Talk General discussion forum for electric powered rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #151
Balil
foam murderer :D

Friends: (2)

anyone with setup knowledge help me out... my dx6i is in the hospital for the time being (hope it pulls through alright) but in the meantime i had to go with a futaba 6ex heli.... i swapped everything over last night. and spun the b400 up on the kitchen floor.... for some reason all i have is negative pitch..... and the manual doesnt really say how to give positive pitch..

what goes up, must come down! *looks around* sometimes they come down harder than we intend
Old 05-17-2008, 04:07 AM   #152
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5
Friends: (14)

I think I can help you out but you will probably have to change all the mechanical stuff before you program the radio?!? Depending on how soon you can get your DX6i back, it may not be worth it.

" The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value" - Thomas Paine
Old 05-17-2008, 05:32 AM   #153
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

View Figure.N9ne's Gallery8
Club: Mako's RC Jet Club
Send a message via AIM to Figure.N9ne
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by HeliG View Post
I think I can help you out but you will probably have to change all the mechanical stuff before you program the radio?!? Depending on how soon you can get your DX6i back, it may not be worth it.

he shouldnt have to change anything mechanical except for the receiver. when everything is centered mechanically it shouldnt change between radios.
Old 05-17-2008, 10:55 AM   #154
Balil

all of the servo's were centered and the swash was leveled when i put the hs-65mg's on the cyclic. my problem is i dont know how to program this new radio... it doesnt display a graph like on the dx6i does. so im kinda lost.... ya know.

what goes up, must come down! *looks around* sometimes they come down harder than we intend
Old 05-17-2008, 05:20 PM   #155
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

James,
How many points does the new radio have for programming? You should be able to program the points without the graph just by using your pitch guage.
Bottom stick should be -2 degrees
1/4 stick should be half way between bottom and middle.
1/2 stick should be 50% (whatever that works out to)
3/4 stick should be 75%
Full stick should be 100% (about 10 - 12 degrees)

Does this help?!?

" The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly. 'Tis dearness only that gives everything its value" - Thomas Paine
Old 05-22-2008, 05:18 AM   #156
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Hey! Where are all of my WattFlyer heli pilot friends? The place looks deserted.

Old 05-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #157
beavenx5

View beavenx5's Gallery17
Friends: (1)

I have not been here mutch latelu and I have not flown my T-Rex in over 2 weeks now. Still struggling with my tail belt. Last flight was 2 minutes on May 3rd and the belt broke again with less than 4 flights on it. Rough landing.... It is now my 5th belt in about 50 flights...
I am installing a new Heli Max belt guide and sanding the blocks on with the boom is tighten to. Hope this will help. I hope to be back in the air for Saturday.
I will report back next week.

HZ Supercub - PZ T-28 Trojan (3 of them) - Richmodel P-38 Lightning 52" -Trex 450SE v2 - EF TaylorCraft ...and Real Flight G4.5
Build in Progress: GP P-51D Mustang 57" electric kit
Old 05-22-2008, 03:19 PM   #158
bassplayinDude

Club: www.nedsinct.org
Awards Showcase

Ambassador Award 
Friends: (5)

I've been trying to get my Blade 400 repaired for over a month now. Gyro failed on me and I sent it to Horizon. Stupid me I didn't get delivery confirmation with my priority mail and of course, my gyro is 'missing'. So I had to wait for a Futaba 401 to come in stock at my LHS.

Got that all installed, hacked up my frame a little to squeeze in some HS-65HB servos along with a new flybar paddle and reset my DX6i to the proper normal/reverse settings. Went to test the tail and my tail servo (DSP75) doesn't want to work when connected to the gyro. Worked fine when connected directly to the Rx so I'm not sure what happened, but that servo needs to be replaced.

Went to the LHS to pick up a servo but their prices were too much for me to afford one. Now I have to pick the best DS75 out of the 4 I own and put it in the tail. Then I'll have to go through all the setup again because I cannot remember where I left off because the tail servo blowing threw a monkey-wrench into my setup plans.

At the same time, I've been tweaking my new HBK2 for flight. Got it Spektrumized the other day, but I still have to tweak the swash settings in the radio as I think the swash gets too close to the shaft retainer at full down throttle in idle-up mode. Will have to review Finless Bob's CCPM videos to remember how to tweak the settings and keep the swash from bottoming out. Mechanically the HBK2 is ready to fly, just have to iron out the radio settings.

My HBFP is down as I need a replacement linkage. Basically, all my heli flying over the last month has been only in a simulator. At this point, I'd be afraid to hover in a space smaller than a football field as it's been so long since my last real flight.

While all this has been happening, I've really gotten into fixed wing flight. Probably because I haven't had repair costs and it's been relaxing and enjoyable. This week the weather has been completely uncooperative so I haven't been able to fly anything in the real world. My plans are to hit the flying field this weekend with 2-3 planes and 1-2 helis and see what happens.

According to the usairnet.com wind forecast, Saturday is out. Hopefully Sunday will be OK.

E-Flite Blade mCP-X, mQX
Lightflite BUG
Old 05-22-2008, 09:19 PM   #159
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

beavenx and other heli guys,

Hijack away! This is thread was created to keep us talking and sharing heli stuff. But keep it to heli stuff.

We don't want to wander into the dark side of fixed wing.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:31 PM   #160
raynet11
Foamologist

View raynet11's Gallery6
Friends: (0)

Hijack away! This is thread was created to keep us talking and sharing heli stuff. But keep it to heli stuff.

LOL, dark side.. I'm cursed then , I'm still doing electric cars, planes, and helis..

Helis are by far the most interesting of the lot though even if this spring the wind gods have been brutal to my flying wishes.
Old 05-22-2008, 09:33 PM   #161
beavenx5

We were not totally off subject: we were talking about DX7 and DX6 setting... My DX7 is primely used with my T-Rex HELICOPTER :p and Bassplay's DX6 on his B400 HELICOPTER :p
Beside this thread is for heli pilot. Heli pilots can fly fixed wing to relax but fixed wing pilots can't fly heli
Sorry but as I have a kid's mind (at 41) I have to have the last word...

Sorry about that, me bad. I was fully aware of the treadjack but I could not help myself making sure Bassplay would not repeat the same mistake I did last December. I guess I will use PM next time.

Thanks for pushing the heli discussion here on WattFlyer, it has picked up great in the last few months.

HZ Supercub - PZ T-28 Trojan (3 of them) - Richmodel P-38 Lightning 52" -Trex 450SE v2 - EF TaylorCraft ...and Real Flight G4.5
Old 05-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #162
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

I have the last word as of right now!!!

Old 05-22-2008, 10:38 PM   #163
beavenx5

Default Bell 222 fuselage

Take a look at this fuselage I got for my T-Rex. It is a Darth's Heli Body model Bell 222. I still have quite a bit of work to do to paint and trim it but it will be a buty. It will be black and gold identical to the real one on display in front of the Bell Textron plan. I see this bird every week on the way to the cottage.

My current skills won't allow me to fly with it as I crash to often. I might only keep it as a show piece.

Now I have the last word...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell 222 fuselage Darth.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	66803  

Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 PM   #164
raynet11
Foamologist

View raynet11's Gallery6
Friends: (0)

Nice looking bird, how easy is it to get the Lipo in and out?
Old 05-22-2008, 10:56 PM   #165
neilg.

Default fixed wing

fixed wing crash just as easily as helis in G4.
thanks guys, i am hooked now in G4 multiplayer. i found this cool biplane i use in G4. looks like something out of the 40's, all red. i am into 360's and barrell rolls.

I'M SURELY TRYIN
Old 05-22-2008, 11:04 PM   #166
beavenx5

Originally Posted by raynet11 View Post
Nice looking bird, how easy is it to get the Lipo in and out?
I am not done cutting the fuselage yet and even less assembling it on the heli. It is not a plug and play body... and won't be finished for another few weeks.

It looks like it will be definetely more work to change the battery than with the stock body but can be done in a few minutes. I will probably not fly it much and use it more as a show piece.

Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 PM   #167
beavenx5

Default More fuselage 450 size

Here are a few more 450 size fuselages from Darth Heli Body. They require quite a lot of cuting, painting and assembly to look like the picture but are well made and quite realistic. I only got the Bell 222... for now...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fuselage Airwolf Darth 450.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	66807   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Apache AH-64A Darth 450.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	66808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Black Hawk Darth 450.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	19.8 KB
ID:	66809   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Huey UH-1B Darth 450.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	66810   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Jet Ranger Darth 450.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	66811  

Name:	Fuselage MD500D Darth 450.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	66812   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage MI-24 Darth 450.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	66813   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Sikorsky H-5 Dragonfly Darth 450.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	66814   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuselage Sikorsky S-76 Darth 450.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	66815   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bell 222 fuselage Darth.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	66816  

Old 05-23-2008, 12:12 AM   #168
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

neil,
You say you are hooked on G4 multiplayer but you haven't flown with us. What's the deal? Where's the WF love?

beaven,
Sweet body but it looks like a LOT of work!
Tag your it!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 12:30 AM   #169
beavenx5

HeliG
I just saw that thread about multiplayer on G4. Let me know when is the next session and how to get in and I will try to join. I tried a few time to joint multiplayer session and have always been kicked out after only a few seconds for some unknow reason. I have quite a few very nice virtual helis I can bring with me ...

tag...

Old 05-23-2008, 02:21 PM   #170
bassplayinDude

Club: www.nedsinct.org
Awards Showcase

Ambassador Award 
Friends: (5)

Thanks for the fixed wing help guys. I moved the T-28 stuff into its own thread. If you're interested, you can find it here.

E-Flite Blade mCP-X, mQX
Lightflite BUG
Old 05-23-2008, 04:42 PM   #171
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

View buzzbomber's Gallery11
Friends: (3)

I've been trying to get some stick time whenever I can, but it's been hard lately. Stupid wind's been blowing between 10 and 30kts all week during daylight hours. I made some swash adjustments on the Blade last night to take out some of the trim and remove the positive pitch at mid-stick as well. Hopefully, it will calm down a little tonight so I can fine-tune it and get back to my training routine......these helis are like a disease for sure--I can't even fly the blade 400 due to the weather and I'm already thinking about something in the 520-620mm range.

Matt

Down with Gravity!
Old 05-25-2008, 03:38 AM   #172
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

Wow! No heli posts... I sure hope you are all out flying this weekend. I haven't seen a heli lull like this in a while. I'm here at work so I'm not flying so I'd like to talking to you guys.

Have fun and stay safe.

Warren.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #173
HeliG
T-Rex Pilot

View HeliG's Gallery5

It's 3 in the morning here... We've been running calls since we went to bed. I haven't slept yet but I'm looking forward to flying tomorrow. Hopefully I can get some sleep between now and then. I want to have my A game on!

Old 05-26-2008, 06:52 PM   #174
neilg.

Default reflecting on my progress

took my book for blade 400 and my spektrum book rv'ing. did some more reading and found out some flaws that might be causing my progress. waiting for parts so it is is a good time to read and read and read.

1 thing is interesting. why did e-flite use a digital servo that won't accept a pulse rate of 275HZ. is that just for the tail servo or all servos on the blade400?

i had sub-trim way out for the alerions. i also was using 1 instead of 0 in some areas.

i checked my monitor and zerod out everything.

i have a little more knowledge now and just have to apply it when i get in the air.

I'M SURELY TRYIN
Old 05-27-2008, 12:06 AM   #175
Balil

the servos that are designed for that pulse rate are typically expensive. so they use digital servo's that accept a lesser pulse rate to keep the overall cost of the product down. hope that helps neil

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > General RC E-Heli Talk

Tags
heli , pilots , wanted