Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Micro Sized Electric Helicopters Discuss micro and mini sized electric rc helis in here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 01-30-2006, 11:46 PM   #126
VENOMOUS

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by zap3267@charter.net View Post
I didn't nose in for long lol. Anyway I want to use the Venomous ball link replacement trick orrrrr..... I could wait for the parts they should be here Wed I think. We shall see if I can wait that long I went over everything and loc tited where needed. Now Im gonna be a little weird when I first fly it. I have never had it apart so we will see...
Hey do both! Try the fix and get the new parts as back ups!

Chris
Old 01-30-2006, 11:48 PM   #127
VENOMOUS

Another forum answer to the same question about tail wagging on the 3D
"@blues
Try adjusting the PZT nob to reduce or eliminate the wag and pay attention to the direction you adjust it. This will give you a clue about the gyro LIMIT adjustment you can make to smooth things out. Adjusting the nob changes the torque the gyro is trying to compensate for. Adding more pitch increases the torqe, less pitch less torque. So, the LIMIT (aka GAIN) can be adjusted accordingly.
I like the 3D to lift off at about 55-60% TH position. If the tail wags for example and I have to add pitch that means the 3D will likely lift off at 50% TH position or so. I can adjust the gyro knowing I had to add pitch/torque to smooth things out. This probably means the gyro was over active and so I have to reduce the limit setting. I can then return the PZT nob back to the setting where the 3D lifts off at 55-60% TH. Now I can try it again and see if that was correct.
Its kind of like having remote gain but you should use it as a tuning aid more than a setting because it will effect the way the 3D flies in 3D mode. You want max performance for stunt flying and the last thing you want going into a trick is a pre-bogged head! lol"

Chris
Old 01-31-2006, 06:09 AM   #128
zap3267@charter.net

Venomous,

Am I right that you do not need the set screw in the lower main mast collar? (the one right above the main gear). Im sure I read that somewhere but can't find it.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:46 PM   #129
VENOMOUS

Thats true, its just a spacer. The ones that count are the the spur gear, the one above the upper bearing for the mast, and the head block. All of those need to be tight and threadlocked.

Chris
Old 02-01-2006, 12:25 AM   #130
bluesjunky57
justa slave to the rhythm

Talking

Grinnin' BIG

After three successful flights, everything's running smooth. Now just waiting for the cells to charge
Question, is there a quick charger for LiPolys. If so, is it worth a dam^?
Old 02-01-2006, 01:10 AM   #131
bluesjunky57

Originally Posted by bluesjunky57 View Post
Question, is there a quick charger for LiPolys. If so, is it worth a dam^?
sorry, wrong forum
Old 02-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #132
zap3267@charter.net

Parts are in and Venom replaced the broken 3D. I will have everything back up tonight!
Old 02-02-2006, 07:41 AM   #133
Ah Clem

Very cool Zap!

I got my spare parts and CF Blades today too!

Keep us posted!!!
Old 02-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #134
zap3267@charter.net

Clem, thanks for the shout out.
I believe that I learned why a micro pitch guage is necessary. I replaced the blade holder and put everything back together but couldn't figure out why one blade seemed twisted then realised that the other would be on a half revolution. By this time I had adjusted on all the push rods & taken both blade holders loose and tried to turn them back into position. After about an hour it became clear to me that I should try and adjust the head block. Well that definitely changed the pitch. I thought I had put it at the top of the flat spot like Venom suggested but either it came loose again or I had it wrong. after that I flew 3 packs through her and it was a very late night. I still feel like I may not have the pitch set right It seems like I need to get a little higher head speed to get lift now. The VNR2 is back together and flying better than ever albeit the tail motor gave me a sign that it may not last much longer. Ash said he thought I had the tail gear too tight with the little rubber grommet. It seems to want to work its way loose anyway so I always push it up tight any suggestion on that?
Old 02-03-2006, 03:05 PM   #135
Ah Clem

If the grommet on the tail rotor is coming loose, make sure that the shaft is clean and oil-free, if necessary, replace the grommet with one of the spares that comes with the kit.

You could also use a wheel collar, if necessary.

Adjusting the PZT will change the rotor RPM at lift off. If you have too much RPM, turn it towards "+" (more pitch), if you have too little RPM, turn it towards "-" (less pitch).

Do this in very small increments until you have it right where you want it.

PLT (totol pitch range) should be set first, to that the head does not bog at full throttle.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:40 PM   #136
bluesjunky57

Zap, I put two grommets on mine and it still backed out a little. no big deal, just another thing to preflight.

And what ever happened to Zapped? I haven't seen or heard anything lately. Is he hiding?
Old 02-04-2006, 06:27 AM   #137
zap3267@charter.net

Well I would never have thought it but I am actually starting to enjoy working on these. I not only worked on mine but I had my friend Ash's helis too. I worked on two NR2's and three NR3D's.I worked on that crashed 3D for about 3 maybe 4 hours. I think I accidentally threw the bearing out with the tail housing (stupid). I put the metal balls on the grips. Had to bore out one of the extra parts( ball link) for the tail support to fit. Replaced fly bar.Replaced the tail assembly and bored out the pinion hole and put in the tail motor. realised I was missing one of the bearings for the tail. Tightened everything. So technically with a bearing I could have had that one flight worthy too. I dug through the trash to see if I could find the old tail assembly to no avail. ( yeah I know Im disgusting but it is an addiction) LOL Im surprised cause I rarely ever throw anything away I think I may use some day.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:36 AM   #138
zap3267@charter.net

Jay,
Just a heads up Dream Hobbies is closing up shop. Said they were going to clearance out remaining inventory. They were out of stock on the pitch guage. Shoot I was hoping to get one.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #139
bluesjunky57

oh well, I guess i'll have to keep on looking, or settle.

The road go's on forever...and the party never ends
Old 02-05-2006, 08:19 PM   #140
bluesjunky57

Startting to sweat. I just pulled the training gear off and going to attempt stability. Got to go crash now, oh I mean fly.lol
Old 02-06-2006, 01:33 AM   #141
zappedalaskan

View zappedalaskan's Gallery4
Thumbs up Pitch Gauge

Hi Guys,
Here is the same pitch gauge: http://www.deeteeenterprises.com/NS....PitchGauge.php
And a diagram on how to use it I hope this helps!

Trey,
You will find that your heli flies better without the landing gear. Just be careful sliding it around on the ground
Take care and happy hovering!
Jay

There are two dogs inside of me. One is good, one is evil.
These two dogs are always fighting a constant battle.
Which dog wins? The one I feed the most...
Old 02-06-2006, 03:26 AM   #142
zap3267@charter.net

Zapped its out of stock I think there has been a run on these LOL. If I cant get my gauge Im gonna throw a pitch fit.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:15 AM   #143
bluesjunky57

Im gonna throw a pitch fit.
LMFAO!!
Old 02-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #144
zap3267@charter.net

BLUES: Did you love it without that #400 training set of yours LOL

I found out at my super bowl party that non RC people really could give a crap less about a guy hovering a heli. One guy got mad because I wouldn't let him fly it. Was going to have him put up the $200 and right then it struck me! I couldn't do it I LOVE THIS BIRD! There I said it. Too much time getting her tuned in to start over.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #145
VENOMOUS

Originally Posted by bluesjunky57 View Post
Zap, what's your take on this?
While the blades are a little stiffer than the stock ones thats not where your flex comes from entirely. The whole airframe will flex during a hard landing or crash. The tail boom is too stiff to flex much at all so the hard plastic chassis will do most of the flexing in extreme situaltions coupled with any flex or play in the head assem. If you carefully take one blade and try to get it to touch the tail boom you should see it takes some effort.

Chris
Old 02-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #146
zappedalaskan

Hey Chris,
I just got the new rc heli magazine and seen a few Venom ads in it. One picture has a guy hovering th 3D. It looked like he was flying at the end of the runway, at the airfield right down the road from your offices. My father-in-law lives about three blocks from you guys in Hayden. I was just wondering if that was the airstrip in the picture. And/or if that was you flying it?
Thank's,
Jay

Old 02-06-2006, 05:43 PM   #147
VENOMOUS

Not me, thats Paul S. We took that photo at C.A.M.S. club field where we fly all of the time.

Chris
Old 02-07-2006, 03:06 AM   #148
bluesjunky57

oh yeahhh, much better without the gear. plus it looks mo-betta. The only thing is now I don't have those big orange bouys to reference the walls.lol
Old 02-07-2006, 03:13 AM   #149
bluesjunky57

BLUES: Did you love it without that #400 training set of yours LOL

I found out at my super bowl party that non RC people really could give a crap less about a guy hovering a heli. One guy got mad because I wouldn't let him fly it. Was going to have him put up the $200 and right then it struck me! I couldn't do it I LOVE THIS BIRD! There I said it. Too much time getting her tuned in to start over.
yeah dude, they just don't get it. You can try to explain the huge amount of concentration and how you have to be ahead of the model, but it just doesn't realy sink in until about the 2nd or 3rd crash on your pride 'n joy!
Old 02-07-2006, 03:43 AM   #150
zappedalaskan

lol,
I have had that happen to me a lot! I race 1/8 scale stadium truggies and monster trucks in the summer. No one here flies helicopters. On the weekend when we race I always take a couple of helicopters with me. My friends I usually race with know better, some of them have watched me crash pretty good a few times with big glow heli's. When you see a nice Raptor .50 land upside down running at WOT. It is not pretty! I was trying to get a picture of it hovering inverted over the top of my Lightning stadium pro race truck. It was doing great until the radio glitched for a split second, and in a panic, I tried to flip it back over to fast and it hit at about a 45 degree angle, Heli parts flying everywhere lol. Needless to say no one that seen that ever asked me to try my helicopters again. When it happens now, one of my friends says don't even ask! I have let a few friends try my Blade cx with a buddy box. It is pretty sedate and I can usually save it in time
Trey,
I knew you'd be liking that heli when you took that anchor off of it! Next step is idle up mode! woohoo your gonna like Rocket launches
Zap.
Heli proz has the micro pitch gauge for $12.99. http://www4.mailordercentral.com/hel...?number=335471
And Yes it is in stock!
Happy hovering guys,
Jay

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters