I recently picked up the Winfly T206 from my local hobbyshop. $200 RTF standard version.
The components were neatly packed in the box with reinforcong cardboard formers. Everything was bagged or boxed and no damage was found. Two sets of direction(both stating mostly the same thing) were included, and I must say, for being manufactured in China(?) or Japan(?) it was worded rather well in english.
The one flaw in packaging I did find was the substitution of the wing mounting screws with two small useless screws. The forward mounting screws for the wing were missing! In their place was what they called "Item #2 screws". They wouldn't fit for anything. I went back to the hobby shop and we found some equivelent screws to fit.
Apart from that it was a good build.
I did need to shave a little bit of foam from the elevator where it scrapes the empenage(tail cone). Maybe a millimeter or so.
I was glad to see that Winfly fixed the problem with the foam spinner. It was known to fall off or rub against the cowl. They replaced it with a bolt-on two piece plastic variant.
Photos: (I cant seem to get them in the thread.
I did system check the morning after purchasing it and had to make some adjustments to the control surface angles.
I have yet to fly it but I will post on here what I find.
Wow, this is a keeper. Strong breeze but handled well. I set the dual rates switch to the lowest and for my first aileron aircraft, I was impressed. The plane met 99% of my expectations. What is the other 1% you ask? I expected
to crash it. not so with this bird. I will be doing some more flights soon, and maybe try a little more aggresive flying. The glide rate was very nice as I had to force it down before the tree line came up.
From what I can tell, anyone with some experience looking at buying this piece should go for it.
I know this is not recommended, but in the future, I plan on hooking up a parachute drop mechanism. (Don't worry, I've done this before!) I'll let you know how it goes.