Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-19-2009, 01:19 AM   #1
thrawn150

Club: Palos flyers
Friends: (0)
Default Kadet Seniorita EP 63" wing span

Has anyone gotten this plane? I can not find any info on it. Looks like a great EP high wing trainer to me.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 AM   #2
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery3
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (38)

I've seen some converted Kadet's fly and they would make good trainers with a buddy box.

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #3
Fast Guy

Looks very much like and is close in size to the Hobbico Electristar trainer I bought last year. After watching the video on Sig's site it also flies much like the Electristar and recomended power is the same. I'm sure it would be a good plane.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Electristar 02.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	94677

Name:	Electristar Floats 04.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	152.4 KB
ID:	94678

Name:	Electristar 05.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	94679
Old 12-18-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
bluzjamer

Club: South County R C Club, Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (4)
Default Seniorita

I tried ordering one of these from Nitro Planes on BF. Well they backordered it and still charged my card, I just got a refund the other day. It did look like a nice slow flyer. Some guys posted on the other forums and were not happy with the kit quality and they had parts missing. After hearing the stories I'm kinda glad I got refunded. Haven't been to happy with NP kits lately. Quality control has really gone to hell in China. For those that have never had HK screw up an order there is nothing worse. Make sure your CC people or Paypal will stand behind you before you order, I only use AmEx and they have saved my butt several times. Years ago Sig used to have great stuff but most of their stock is now also from China and quality has gone downhill.
Be careful out there!

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!
Old 12-19-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
Scarface26

Interesting... I have two of the Sig Seniorita ARF kits and I am very happy with the quality of them. There used to be a lot of posts on RCGroups about them when Nitroplanes first started selling the ARF versions for $79.00 instead of the Sig price of $200.00. Everything I have read has been quite positive. Mine is about ready to maiden. The second kit I bought is for spare parts. Nitroplanes gets them occasionally, but there are long gaps between having them in stock. I would suggest watching for them to be in stock, and then ordering. To repeat, I have read nothing negative about them, and think they are a great plane at a great price.
Old 12-19-2010, 11:19 PM   #6
pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

I bought one from an E Bay store. It seems like very good quality.
They were $10 more than Nitro planes.
Here someone selling them for $104 with free shipping.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kadet-Seniorita-...item4cf2f07aa5

Paul
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 AM   #7
Scarface26

Smile

That's still a pretty good price. The ones I got from Nitroplanes for $79.00 cost an extra $30.00 for shipping. (It's a big box). It was never clear what went wrong between Sig and their Chinese manufacturer, but it was obvious the Chinese company dumped a bunch of them on the American market through Nitroplanes to try and recover their investment. Everytime Nitroplanes gets some in, they sell out fast. Sig has never commented on the situation to my knowledge, but they haven't had any available since the flapup started. BTW, I was missing a nylon bushing for one of the wheels. That took 5 minutes to fix. Otherwise, nothing was missing.
Old 12-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #8
bluzjamer

Club: South County R C Club, Rhode Island Soaring Club
Friends: (4)

I was more miffed that NP charged my card when they knew they wouldn't be getting any more for a while. That's bad business to do that. The BF price was like $60 and $23 for shipping. A deal still is not a deal if it isn't available. I did see some with aielerons and some without, don't know what I was getting.
I will bet that the guy selling this on the Bay grabbed a bunch from NP on BF at $83 shipped and is making a fast $20 per plane.
Probably the reason NP ran out.

AMA # 944164

Some people hang pictures in their homes, I hang guitars in mine. I guess I can hang a few planes in the garage too!
Old 12-20-2010, 01:46 AM   #9
pd1
Still Learning

View pd1's Gallery69
Club: Cape Ann RC Model Club
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (53)

Originally Posted by bluzjamer View Post
I was more miffed that NP charged my card when they knew they wouldn't be getting any more for a while. That's bad business to do that. The BF price was like $60 and $23 for shipping. A deal still is not a deal if it isn't available. I did see some with aielerons and some without, don't know what I was getting.
I will bet that the guy selling this on the Bay grabbed a bunch from NP on BF at $83 shipped and is making a fast $20 per plane.
Probably the reason NP ran out.

This one has ailerons. I imagine this guy bought them from the same place Nitro Planes bought theirs.
I have had mixed luck with NP so when someone else had the plane I bought it.
I paid $89 plus $25 shipping. So same price as this place.

I think it's well worth the money.

Paul
Old 12-20-2010, 02:10 AM   #10
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I bought one recently well the wife bought it for me off of ebay this one has the ailerons. I took it out of the box everything was there and nicely built and covered. I swear the ebay dealer is NP or a clone of them. I paid 104.00 total this place doesn't have any left either.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:51 PM   #11
Scarface26

The unassembled kit version sells for sixty-someodd dollars and has no ailerons. The ARF version has ailerons. It has been my experience that many or even most dealers will go ahead and collect money off your credit card or PayPal even if they are backordered if you have actually placed an order. HobbyKing out of Hong Kong does this for example. A lot of the dealers though, will let you sign up for e-mail notification when an item comes back in stock and you can place your order at that time. Your order will be filled however, after those who have already payed get theirs.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners