Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Combat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Combat Electric combat discussion in here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-16-2009, 01:49 PM   #1
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Friends: (0)
Default E-Combat at Muncie

Guy's I'm going to start posting what we are doing with our E-Combat at Muncie. I'll post after each contest.

We had 5 combat flyers for our first combat of the season at the AMA. Electric Doug had 2 midairs in the first 2 rounds with Deadmeat and Pappy I think. Lucky and I hit in one of the rounds also. Even though it was windy most of the day the F&F planes flew great. We ended up flying 8 rounds total for today with the scores as follows.
Deadmeat-40 points
Lucky-40 points
Pappy-20 points
Electric Doug-10 points
Buzzy-0 points
Buzzy
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

View smokejohnson's Gallery22
Club: Independent
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (108)

Sounds like you guys had fun Buzzy...2 more weeks until we get started around here and I can't wait.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

James,we have another contest this Thursday and I'll report the results of that contest. I think we might of picked up a couple more flyers Saturday from what I heard. Glad to see that you got your rules posted so your have a starting point when you start having contests.
Talk to you later.
Buzzy
Old 03-20-2009, 12:49 AM   #4
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up Combat Update

3/19/09 Combat update

I arrived at the AMA around 8:30 and the field was still wet from the heavy rain we had last night. I put 3 flights on my glider when Willis drove up wanting to fly some combat shorties. A few minutes later Lucky came in with a car full of combat planes also. It was windy all day long with wind gusts running 25-30 mph range. We got 9 rounds in total for the day with a couple lost planes not to mid airs but pilot mistakes. We had a couple of spectators come up to watch which will be flying some combat with us as soon as they get some planes built.The weather kept some of our other pilots away I believe because of the wind.
The scores are as follows:
Buzzy 60-points
Willis-20 points
Lucky-0 points
For now watch your six.
Buzzy
Old 03-22-2009, 02:17 AM   #5
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up 3/21/09 Combat update

It was 34* when I arrived at the AMA this morning and 51* when we left in the afternoon. We got 15 rounds of combat in with very little wind today compaired to last Thursday's combat. We only had 1 plane lost today with 5 combat flyers flying aggressive rounds all day long. We had a couple of future combat flyers come by and took notes and asked questions for several hours on how we were building the planes and how our contests are run. Overall it was a good day for some combat shorties. Good to see Skyhawk flying again with us. Lucky will report next contest results because I'll be out of town.
Buzzy-80 points
Skyhawk-40 points
Pappy-40 points
Lucky-20 points
Electric Doug-o points
Buzzy
Old 03-22-2009, 02:36 AM   #6
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

You guyz fly a lot of combat, wish I could be up there to share in the fun .

Old 03-22-2009, 11:58 AM   #7
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up Our group info.

James, some of us are retired and when we aren't watching our grandkids we try to fly. Anymore that's about a full time job. Some in our group are still working. And some in our group have kids that play sports. I suppose we have a total of around 25 or so combat flyers in our group. We have a schedule for the year but we also use our web site for instant combat shorties.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ww2ecombat/
The most we have had was 13 flyers flyng at one time in a round.It's still a little to cold for some of our flyers to come out and play who are on blood thinners LOL. But during the summer we'll have on the average 8 to 10 flyers flying combat. If I would go back and check our records we probally average over a 1,000 5 minute rounds per season of combat. I'll be watching for your post on your contests you will be having.
Anything I can help or give some input on let me know.

Buzzy
Old 04-05-2009, 06:15 AM   #8
Bluebird

Friends: (1)

Buzzsaw's on vacation so asked me to post our 4/4 contest results. We had 8 flyers flying 8 rounds of F&F. Real good since many of our guys went to Toledo this wknd.. 2 first timers and lots of interested spectators. One guy from Oklahoma City who is aware of the Tulsa group, asked alot of ?'s and took down our Website address. Here's the results: "Skyhawk"-6 pts., "Widowmaker-5 pts., Mark(newbie)-3 pts., Paul(newbie)-3 pts., "ElectricDoug"-2 pts., "Beemanator"-2 pts., "Toad"- 0 pts., "Lucky"(that's me)- 0 pts.! LOL... BTW 2 of us were using the new Hobbyking 2.4 -4 ch. $30 dollar rig. Both worked perfectly! Smoke, good luck w/ your meet next wknd.. Hope you have as much fun as we just did!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:27 AM   #9
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Thanks Lucky

Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 AM   #10
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Default 4-16-09 Combat

We had 4 fighter jocks show up today to be the "ACE FOR THE DAY" at the AMA. Buzzy,Pappy,Lucky and Skyhawk all gave it their best shot. We had two midairs in two different rounds with all planes repairable. We flew a total of 8 rounds even though it was windy most most of the day.
Buzzy-40 points-1 Midair
Lucky-30 points--2 Midairs
Pappy-10 points
Skyhawk-10 points 1 Midair

Next contest Monday April the 20th 9:00 at the AMA site #4.
For now watch your six.
Buzzy
Old 04-17-2009, 03:49 AM   #11
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

View vax6335's Gallery12
Club: Fort Wayne Flying Circuits
Send a message via AIM to vax6335 Send a message via MSN to vax6335 Send a message via Yahoo to vax6335
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

I'm going to have to check this out sometime. This looks fun. I go down to Muncie fairly often too, as my wife has family down there.

Old 04-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #12
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Originally Posted by vax6335 View Post
I'm going to have to check this out sometime. This looks fun. I go down to Muncie fairly often too, as my wife has family down there.
Friday the 26th, Saturday the 27th, Sundaythe 27th,of June Sandy will be having a Electric Fun Fly at the AMA and we will have a site setup for combat only. If you go to post #7 you'll see our web site and we post when we fly. Feel free to join it costs nothing and in the member section theres plans.
Buzzy
Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #13
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Club: How Much Is The Cover?
Send a message via Yahoo to LipoPilot Send a message via Skype™ to LipoPilot
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (24)

Hi Muncie crew..you guys got a site or something for all this fun stuff...oh hi Bluebird come by to see what who muncie crew was... Hey you guys are a days drive away, Im subscribed.

Thanks For The Airspace,
Lipo Pilot
My Website My Videos My Twitter R/C Liveshow
Old 04-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
Bluebird

Friends: (1)

Glad to have U 'ON" LipoPilot. We are blessed w/ THREE excellent sites. The largest is the AMA National Flying Site. 1200 acres of model flying Mecca! We fly at our sister site during the summer when the AMA Nats,etc. are going on. At our nearby facility, adjacet to a full size grass strip municipal airport, we were treated to a P-51 buzzing the field of course we were whooping and clapping. FUN STUFF!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM   #15
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Originally Posted by LipoPilot View Post
Hi Muncie crew..you guys got a site or something for all this fun stuff...oh hi Bluebird come by to see what who muncie crew was... Hey you guys are a days drive away, Im subscribed.
LipoPilot,this is our web page:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ww2ecombat/
This is how we communicate with each other as far as whats going on at any given time about our contests.If you join the group you'll find a print of our Fast & Furious plane that Dave made for us in the members section. We are flying this plane which has been change a little here and there at all of our contests.any questions about it feel free to ask.
Buzzy
Old 04-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #16
LipoPilot
Flown A Lipo Lately?

Club: How Much Is The Cover?
Send a message via Yahoo to LipoPilot Send a message via Skype™ to LipoPilot
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (24)

Very cool guys, joined your yahoo group.

Thanks For The Airspace,
Lipo Pilot
My Website My Videos My Twitter R/C Liveshow
Old 05-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #17
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up

May 2,COMBAT UPDATE

First I want to thank Carl and Ike for getting the field ready for us it looked like a golf course and for all the dounuts and goodies they brought for us to snack on. We had a nice dry day with sunshine most of the afternoon with no rain. We also had seven fighter pilots show up trying to be "ACE OF THE DAY" at the flying field today. We got 15 rounds of combat in with only a couple of love taps and no planes lost. Widowmaker was the only flyer flying a WWII plane the rest of us were flying the F&F planes.

Widowmaker-120 points "ACE FOR THE DAY" Good job Ike
Buzzy-80 points
Paul-60 points
Lucky-60 points
Willis-40 poinbts
Scrappy-20 points
Doug-0 points

For now watch your six.
Buzzy
Old 05-03-2009, 12:25 PM   #18
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

15 rounds , I hope someday we can have as many. Right now we are struggling to get 5 :o.

Some guys from a local AMA club came out to watch us and I have been talking to a couple of them about flying combat. Sounds like there may be about 6 guys wanting to try it. I am going to a club meeting at their field to talk to the guys about it. Hopefully the weather will be good and I can just bring my loaner plane and show them what combat is all about .

Thanks for the updates and wish me luck.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:25 PM   #19
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by smokejohnson View Post
15 rounds , I hope someday we can have as many. Right now we are struggling to get 5 :o.

Some guys from a local AMA club came out to watch us and I have been talking to a couple of them about flying combat. Sounds like there may be about 6 guys wanting to try it. I am going to a club meeting at their field to talk to the guys about it. Hopefully the weather will be good and I can just bring my loaner plane and show them what combat is all about .

Thanks for the updates and wish me luck.
James, that's the way to make things happen.You have to just keep plugging away at it. And it will all come together for you. Good luck with your meeting. Be sure to take a few sets of your rules to pass out and a list of planes and even have planes to show. Plus all the information you can get your hands on. You can also pass on our web site if you wish as you already know we have plans in the members section.Good luck.
Buzzy
Old 05-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #20
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

Thanks Buzzy, that is a good idea to have things printed off that they can look at instead of just telling them they can find it on the web. The meeting is next weekend so I will let ya know how it goes.

Old 05-04-2009, 02:22 AM   #21
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up Electric Fly IN at Muncie,IN.

NEFI
For directions to the AMA International
Flying Site, and information on local accommodations,
visit www.modelaircraft.org
Sandy Frank, Event Director
5200 W. Petty Road, Muncie IN 47304
Tel.: (817) 706-2150
e-mail: sfrank69@...
http://web2.airmail.net/sfrank69/NEFI/
National Electric Fly In
Come to your Aeromodeling "Home" for the third annual National Electric Fly In at the International Aeromodeling Center in Muncie, Indiana. Friday through Sunday, June 26, 27 & 28, 2009 fly any electric aircraft with friends and neighbors.Indoor Flying will be all evening on Friday and Saturday at the ABB building on Cowen Road, less than 10-minutes from the AMA. Outdoor flying will be at the AMA field. Think about it; there will be flying rain or shine. The theme of this event is "FUN" with lots of open flying. We plan to host both full contact and streamer towing E-Combat. There may be some Pylon races if interest is shown, as well as unofficial night flying. Air show demonstration teams are welcome to apply for the Noon-time air show. The Landing Fee is just $5.00 for all three days of Outdoor flying, and $5.00 for both days of indoor E-flying. For $10.00 total a pilot can fly endlessly for the whole weekend. Tailgate swap meeting is encouraged (no extra fees). Commercial venders are welcome to set up at no charge. AMA membership is required. Concessions will be on site. Admission for the viewing public is free at both the indoor and outdoor flying sites. We encourage the use of Digital Spread Spectrum radios - especially to those pilots interested in participating in the special events (that way fun can be had by all and not disturb the open flying); of course all legal frequencies will be available to use.
Fri-Sun,
June 26-27
& 28, 2009
I'll post coverage of the combat rounds.
Buzzy
Old 05-10-2009, 03:45 AM   #22
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

I would love to come up there and fly combat with you guys sometime , NEFI sounds like it would be a perfect opportunity. Too short of notice this year but maybe next year???

The meeting at the club field went good today. I think there will be at least 2 or 3 others that will try it...maybe more. Because of crystal issues (i.e. not having one) my loaner plane was grounded so I didn't get a chance to show them. That's ok though I think I am just going to go ahead and join the club so they will get their chance. I let several guys fly the one combat plane I had going and most were surprised at how well you can make a profile foamie fly. What's funny is the plane I let them fly has been repaired several times and had mud stuck in the motor from combat this morning . If they liked how it was flying they are going to love a fresh frame with a clean strong motor.

If you can Buzzy be sure to post some pics from NEFI, I'd love to see them.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:52 AM   #23
vax6335
Crazy 'bout Bees

View vax6335's Gallery12
Club: Fort Wayne Flying Circuits
Send a message via AIM to vax6335 Send a message via MSN to vax6335 Send a message via Yahoo to vax6335
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 

I might try to make it in June. Wonder if I could whip together a FF combat flyer by then.

Old 05-10-2009, 03:55 AM   #24
smokejohnson
Super Contributor

Awards Showcase

All it takes is a couple of evenings to put one together. You should give it a try...it's a blast .

Old 05-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #25
Buzzsaw
Buzzsaw

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by vax6335 View Post
I might try to make it in June. Wonder if I could whip together a FF combat flyer by then.
Give me a call the next time your in Muncie.I have patterns I'll give you and show you all the mods we have made on them.If you can't make it before the flyin I'll have a spare you can fly.
Buzzy

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Combat