Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #26
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

Originally Posted by capn chaos View Post
Sorry, didnt see your post until after my last....Capn Chaos clear....standing by on RCG
LOL...yeah, I was just talking to him. He's got a full plate man. He's trying to swing this company damn near by himself. Just gonna have to be patient for now. I apologized to him for the harsh thread I started, but at the same time, I noted the bad taste in my mouth, given to me by the customer service (being lied to about my order being shipped).

The best teacher in the world is experience...now go fly something already
Old 03-25-2009, 12:29 AM   #27
eschult

Friends: (0)
Default Agree

I agree w/ the level of sevice that they claim to give but do not follow through on. Pete comes across like a saint on RCG when everyone can read it but the attatude changes Fast when no one else can hear what he is saying. I would NEVER EVER do business with these people. I am not bashing the company, just voicing my opinion about how it's being ran, or should I say ran to the ground. My advice would be to get the issue resolved and deal with Hobby Lobby. You can get the same planes with the best service ever.
Old 03-25-2009, 04:58 AM   #28
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by eschult View Post
I agree w/ the level of sevice that they claim to give but do not follow through on. Pete comes across like a saint on RCG when everyone can read it but the attatude changes Fast when no one else can hear what he is saying. I would NEVER EVER do business with these people. I am not bashing the company, just voicing my opinion about how it's being ran, or should I say ran to the ground. My advice would be to get the issue resolved and deal with Hobby Lobby. You can get the same planes with the best service ever.
Well Banana Hobby really pi$$ed me off! All in all, I don't think I'll be doing anymore business with them.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:24 PM   #29
Fatcat1

I don't understand why someone would operate like that. If you get a good rep on one of these RC forums your sales will likely go through the roof! A good example of this is Jeff at Heads Up RC. That fella is one of a kind when it comes to customer service and information on the products that he sells! and will respond quickly to any questions asked! It would be fairly easy to start your own RC biz if you have the service and rep to back it up!!
Makes no sense:o

I don't have the key to success..but I know how to pick the lock!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 AM   #30
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by Fatcat1 View Post
I don't understand why someone would operate like that. If you get a good rep on one of these RC forums your sales will likely go through the roof! A good example of this is Jeff at Heads Up RC. That fella is one of a kind when it comes to customer service and information on the products that he sells! and will respond quickly to any questions asked! It would be fairly easy to start your own RC biz if you have the service and rep to back it up!!
Makes no sense:o
Couldn't agree more bud.

Old 03-31-2009, 07:45 AM   #31
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

Hehe. At Banana Hobby we DO Monkey around!

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 07-16-2009, 02:27 AM   #32
edwinkania

Well guys here it is: I should have done my research into BANANA HOBBY . I ordered their new F-22 jet and got double charged 2hrs waiting online for the service rep and then they deined the double charging, even after showing them the online statement showing the transactions! I told her (Amy) that I wanted my order cancelled and she said that she did, but no e-mail confirmation of the cancellation and my card still shows two charges pending for Banana Hobby! ****!!!!!! I captured the whole chat session for the credit card company, I WILL Persue this Legally!!! The credit card Company told me if Banana Hobby does not refund my money or fix the problem, They will persue them!!!!
Stay Far Away from these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted is an F-22, Im not some ****ing 15 year old kid venting, Im 40 years old flying for 20 years and in the ****ing Army!!!!!!

DONT BUY **** FROM BANANA HOBBY.....

This could have been fine if they fixed the duplicate charge they took from my card BUT I was given a hard time and the run around!!!! ****ED.......

Sorry for being graphic a $260.66 purchase cost me $521.32. And I dont even have a plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-27-2009, 09:26 AM   #33
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by edwinkania View Post
Well guys here it is: I should have done my research into BANANA HOBBY . I ordered their new F-22 jet and got double charged 2hrs waiting online for the service rep and then they deined the double charging, even after showing them the online statement showing the transactions! I told her (Amy) that I wanted my order cancelled and she said that she did, but no e-mail confirmation of the cancellation and my card still shows two charges pending for Banana Hobby! ****!!!!!! I captured the whole chat session for the credit card company, I WILL Persue this Legally!!! The credit card Company told me if Banana Hobby does not refund my money or fix the problem, They will persue them!!!!
Stay Far Away from these people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All I wanted is an F-22, Im not some ****ing 15 year old kid venting, Im 40 years old flying for 20 years and in the ****ing Army!!!!!!

DONT BUY **** FROM BANANA HOBBY.....

This could have been fine if they fixed the duplicate charge they took from my card BUT I was given a hard time and the run around!!!! ****ED.......

Sorry for being graphic a $260.66 purchase cost me $521.32. And I dont even have a plane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry to hear that ED. I hope it works out for you. I just had a buddy of mine order a plane from them two months ago! It finally came yesterday, but that was due to him calling them last week to find out why he hadn't received it yet...they told him it never shipped. So they finally shipped it and he got it a few days ago. I'm in the Army too friend, I'm in Iraq right now...where are you stationed at?

Mike

Old 07-28-2009, 06:48 PM   #34
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

View dbcisco's Gallery9
Friends: (7)

I only bill half-price for items I will never ship.
Old 08-20-2009, 06:59 PM   #35
superd333
Back From a 0.5 year ban!

Friends: (30)

Banana Hobby has an F rating by BBB, they are a horrible company and i wish every one knew before they ordered, including me.

I think they will be going under pretty soon though. so i guess they only have a while to rip people off.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #36
gamegeezer
maker of craters...

Guess I got lucky. I talked w/ them first and made sure the plane I wanted was in stock. Placed the order w/ my CC and had the plane in a week.

I figured the worst thing that would happen is that I contact my CC and have the charge canceled if BH did not deliver.

~Jim

The world is round I'm sure we will run into each other again.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:55 PM   #37
wrather1

Club: North Texas Areomodelers
Friends: (2)

May I remind everyone that there are plenty of other mailorder RC stores out there that DO provide good service and make good on their promises - I can highly recommend one that really stands out from the crowd: http://easytigermodels.com/

Dave W.
Dallas, Texas

I like helis, foamies & EDF jets!
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM   #38
Kirsty_Carnage
A/V + A/P Camera operator

View Kirsty_Carnage's Gallery41
Club: Karnage Club
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  1kW 
Friends: (15)

Even though I'm in the UK, I noticed that BH website is far too crowded, making it a bit amateurish in my book & reason NOT to shop with them. After reading the bad experiences you guys have had with them, I'm glad it was you & not me, sorry guys, but its a fact of life...better you than me

If it wasnt for these forums, no one would be the wiser & certain rip off companies would still be ripping off the innocent, well done guys for posting your stories with the bad hobby shops.

Kirsty xx

"Jar Jar Binks" Every womans dream date
Old 03-19-2012, 09:03 PM   #39
lmramos
lmramos

Default Banana Hobby

Ok, let me start this out by saying "I am not a Banana Hobby apoligist" nor am i affiliated with them at any level. But, I have ordered the Giant F4U, the LX A-10 and the large scale Skyraider and i have not been dissapointed by any of those planes. Actually I am extremely pleased with the service and product i have received from them. Unfortunately, you really only hear the negative on these blogs. Banana has been a great place to deal with. Kudos to you Pete. I know what it is like to be the "Face" of a popular buisness. If you want negative stuff, take it from me, stay away from Easytiger, Xtreme in Australia. These places could give a crap about you and your order. Banana and NitroPlanes have come a long way. If you feel differently, let me know at lmramos@comcast.net. Thanks
Old 03-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #40
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

It would be good if they cleaned up their act, but I wouldn't use them. Its hard to get an f rating from the bbb, not that they rate fair. But when you are paying them to report back on you, they "lose" the bad reports often.

Jeff at heads up will have all the business I can't get at my local hobby shop. I ordered a shipment at 2am Friday morning, paid two dollars for shipping and got it Monday, from florida to utah. Even when he forgot to ship a wing with an airplane to someone else, his customer had it in his hands the day after jeff found out about it.

You pay for customer service too.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:02 PM   #41
lmramos
lmramos

Default Heads up

I am glad you are happy with heads up. But really, we are taliking about top of the line foamies. Not the same stuff you can get anywhere. BH has prioritized supply rights to the best foam model companies in the world. My best advice is order these planes as kits and add your own electronics. I am currently flying the LX Giant Scale F4U. No one, including Parkzone or Eflite have anything even close to this.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:10 AM   #42
BEAR-AvHistory
RDRC

View BEAR-AvHistory's Gallery13
Club: Raleigh Durham Radio Control AMA Club #733
Friends: (2)

You resurrected a thread that died in Sept 2009, why?

Kevin
Old 03-20-2012, 01:14 AM   #43
lmramos
lmramos

Who Knows.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #44
hayofstacks
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)

I was getting at that customer service is a product too. Even though heads up is in flordia, and I'm in utah, I will continue to use them. An airplane that you will never see is useless imho.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #45
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by lmramos View Post
I am glad you are happy with heads up. But really, we are taliking about top of the line foamies. Not the same stuff you can get anywhere. BH has prioritized supply rights to the best foam model companies in the world. My best advice is order these planes as kits and add your own electronics. I am currently flying the LX Giant Scale F4U. No one, including Parkzone or Eflite have anything even close to this.
Bubba...Those foamies are NOT top of the line. Top of the line foamies don't have cheap plastic retracts, parts of the fuse falling off from not enough glue at the factory or sloppy control rods/linkages.

I actually gave BH the benefit of the doubt...totaling seven planes/jets from them. But after a while....if it walks like a duck...

As far as E-Flite or ParkZone not having anything close to it...they do...it's called outstanding customer service and track record. I'll pay twice what it's worth for a model if the customer service is there! And a good track track record gives most folks a nice "warm and fuzzy"...and that's priceless.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:55 AM   #46
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

I've heard of the Quacking Banana!!! hey Angler!! hows it Going my Friend,bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 05-10-2012, 05:16 PM   #47
Glacier Girl
Kamikaze Ace

Club: Badius Boys Flying Club Inc. Outlaw Flyers World Wide
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (6)

Oh heck I'll jump in too. #1 they do not have a locked in contract for these birds.
If they did they would be the only suppliers, and they are not.

Rather then deal with the likes of BH and such I order em from Philip at PW-RC.
He does have excellent customer service, and he does stock spare parts for the birds.
Amazingly enough, he even answers his emails promptly.

I just feel sorry for the "newbies" who fall for places like BH with their glossy photos and things like EDF's listed as great for beginners.

If I buy from BH or NitroPlanes it's for an airframe only. No need for the stock electronics, I use the airframe as a foundation to build a good flying bird. The only way I know something is going to hold up.

Heck I have a new bird just shown up from NP, pity the person who might have gotten it. The fuse was not glued together completely, it popped apart taking it out of the box.
Oh well least it makes it easier to work on the guts this way.

When I die, I want to go like my Grandfather did, in his sleep...... Not screaming like the passengers in his plane.
Old 05-10-2012, 05:47 PM   #48
pepcid

thanks for your service
Old 05-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #49
dmmalish
r/c crash test "DUMMY"

View dmmalish's Gallery14
Club: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=221090112030
Send a message via AIM to dmmalish
Friends: (6)

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
You resurrected a thread that died in Sept 2009, why?
because they still SUCK!!!!! and are still screwing over newbies and turning them away from the hobby with there inadequate garbage.

Old 05-10-2012, 11:08 PM   #50
Uawflyer
UawFlyer

Club: Cards
Friends: (1)

Yeah they sold me a plane as a trainer that I have been told wasnt a trainer at all. The instructions took 3 guys two of which with years in the hobby to figure out. If it would have been just me as a newbie i would have smashed the damn thing on the table. As it was when I got it the rudder servo did not work at all. I emailed them and they did a good ob of sending me another cheaply made replacement for the cheaply made one that came with it. once I got that put in and wired everything up got it bound and set up it seemed like it was good to go. Came back alittle bit later and plugged it back in and the ESC started smoking as soon as it had power. I wrote them but got no response. I acquired an ESC of a total Genius from my club and got it all set up yet again. All seemed well! Took it out to the air field with said genius and taxied around the lot for 5 mins. Then I gave the controls to the genius. He took off and flew around for a few mins and other then a little need for trim it was flying great! Then he slowed her down and was lining up for a landing, she stalled a bit and he recovered. Then nose dive land dart total loss........WTF? Thanks stick a banana up your tail pipe hobby for waisting 300 of my dollars, and know I will never shop there again. Nor will anyone else that I talk to.

UawFlyer
Precision Aerobatics
Team Pilot

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions