Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #51
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)

UAW,

Wow !

Bummer to hear the fate of your new plane. Ouch! That hurts. What actually caused the crash? Mechanical? Electrical?

I had heard all of the horror stories about BH but went ahead a rolled the dice several weeks ago. I was looking for the Skyangels 50mm T-45 and they were the only one I could find that had the Red Arrows version I wanted.
So I went ahead and bought it with low expectations. Figured, what the heck, $75.00 would not be the end of the world. Much to my surprize, it arrived in 3 days, nicely packed with everything in tact. All has been working very well. An easy EDF.

So, I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. I have heard that they do respond to Facebook comments.

Hope it's repairable.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots
Old 05-11-2012, 01:22 AM   #52
Uawflyer
UawFlyer

Club: Cards
Friends: (1)

No nothing but a salvage mission........I got some wires, a crapy battery, crappy servos and a whole lot of disappointment all for the bargain price of just 300$ !!! Wooohoooo! If it werent for the awesome group of guys in the club I joined I would prolly be done with it already! But all is well! new plane is on the way and on top of that on my first night at the field some jerk sold me two more planes! A Yak 54 and a Corsair. Both of which will not be in the the sky anytime soon but I got a good deal!

UawFlyer
Precision Aerobatics
Team Pilot
Old 05-11-2012, 05:01 PM   #53
TopSpin

Originally Posted by Angler-Hi View Post
Well Banana Hobby really pi$$ed me off! All in all, I don't think I'll be doing anymore business with them.

I don't blame you Mike they do that a lot. Instead of telling the the truth which is they don't actually have the plane in stock and it is incomming from China, they lie and stonewall until it get's there then, Oh it will be shipped tomorrow.

Quick FT Hood story..

I used to go TDY to Ft Hood a lot when I was the evaluator for ABCS and before that, ATCCS.

So in 1999 I and another poor soul spent three weeks in the BOQ (before they sort of fixed it up). Anyway we were checking out at Oh Dark Thirty to catch an 8:00 AM flight out of Austin. The little old lady at the desk asked "How was everything". My friend answered back, "My room was dirty"

The little old lady got pissed and said, " What do you mean dirty? All my rooms are clean." My friend answered without changing expression, " Lady, I'd hate to see your house".

I thought we were going to have a homicide as she headded for the side door into the lobby. We booked in a hurry but I wish to this day that I had a video of the look on that old ladys face. It was priceless.

By the way, the filmed scenes in Papillon at the Ft Hood BOQ.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:28 PM   #54
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
I don't blame you Mike they do that a lot. Instead of telling the the truth which is they don't actually have the plane in stock and it is incomming from China, they lie and stonewall until it get's there then, Oh it will be shipped tomorrow.

Quick FT Hood story..

I used to go TDY to Ft Hood a lot when I was the evaluator for ABCS and before that, ATCCS.

So in 1999 I and another poor soul spent three weeks in the BOQ (before they sort of fixed it up). Anyway we were checking out at Oh Dark Thirty to catch an 8:00 AM flight out of Austin. The little old lady at the desk asked "How was everything". My friend answered back, "My room was dirty"

The little old lady got pissed and said, " What do you mean dirty? All my rooms are clean." My friend answered without changing expression, " Lady, I'd hate to see your house".

I thought we were going to have a homicide as she headded for the side door into the lobby. We booked in a hurry but I wish to this day that I had a video of the look on that old ladys face. It was priceless.

By the way, the filmed scenes in Papillon at the Ft Hood BOQ.
LOL!

The best teacher in the world is experience...now go fly something already
Old 05-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #55
thomdoe

Friends: (0)

bi nanna is like buying from hobby king , king hobby ..... what are they now called
Old 05-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #56
TopSpin

Originally Posted by thomdoe View Post
bi nanna is like buying from hobby king , king hobby ..... what are they now called
Yep same deal exactly. They both love to take your money then they never want to see you again especially if you have a problem.

I won't buy from Hobby King or Banana anymore, it's just not worth the headaches.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.
Old 05-20-2012, 02:05 PM   #57
Angler-Hi
Super Contributor

View Angler-Hi's Gallery20
Send a message via Yahoo to Angler-Hi
Friends: (40)

Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
Yep same deal exactly. They both love to take your money then they never want to see you again especially if you have a problem.

I won't buy from Hobby King or Banana anymore, it's just not worth the headaches.
Never had any issues from HK before. Always got my order quickly. I wouldn't try calling them...rather just shoot them an e-mail and they will take care of you, as that has been the case with me. But I have only had one issue with them, and that was a faulty battery.

The best teacher in the world is experience...now go fly something already
Old 06-23-2012, 06:18 PM   #58
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

At last count, BH has over 360 BBB complaints against them:
http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...k-CA-100075745
They had their BBB Accreditation, which they paid for, REVOKED due to bad business.bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 06-23-2012, 06:40 PM   #59
kevinm

Friends: (0)
Default lost BBB

looks like BH is about done - some stats- http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...e-CA-100075745
Old 06-23-2012, 07:01 PM   #60
Uawflyer
UawFlyer

Club: Cards

Man I sure hope so! I know they stuck a big ol banana in my butt!

UawFlyer
Precision Aerobatics
Team Pilot
Old 06-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #61
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Why, oh WHY, did FMS let them handle their products?!?!? I would have ordered an FW-190 already, but.... there's the Banana!
Old 06-23-2012, 07:26 PM   #62
dahawk
Super Contributor

View dahawk's Gallery6
Club: 114th RC Aero Squadron
Friends: (19)
Default I gambled and won

Despite their track record on BBB and the negative ratings they get on this site and on many others, I've been quite lucky.

Placed my second order with them for a Jpowers/ Skyangel (Blitzworks)50mm series mini edf jet. This time the F-16 ($69.00). I ordered on a Thursday evening CT and it was delivered the following Tuesday. I got free shipping (Summerflying)by ordering the min $100.00. So, I bought the F-16, 2 lipos's(3S & 4S) and a 6amp ubec for $110.00. Pretty darn good deal.

That's a plus 2 for them based on two orders. Would I buy something more complex? Probably not. There's nothing I would rely on them to fix or correct. Do I buy into Pete's hype? No. Would their service be as good as HK? Yes. Are there online shops that offer superior service? Absolutley. Don's RC, Headsuprc, Grayson, Value Hobby to name a few.

But I must say they have performed surprizingly well on my two small orders. I took a flyer on them with low expectations and came out unscathed.

-Hawk

Wounded Warrior Fun Fly - Aug 16th ,2014 - Grapevine TX - Info link: https://support.woundedwarriorprojec...ising/RCPilots

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions