Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-13-2009, 03:29 AM   #1
diggery

Friends: (0)
Default A123 13.2 Volt 9.2 AH Battery Pack

I would like to build a battery pack to use for powering a ham radio. I was thinking of purchasing four of those A123 Racing Hypersonic 6.6 Volt 4600 mAh battery packs and connect them up to make a 13.2 volt 9.2 AH battery pack.

I was wondering if there is a battery charger that would work to charge these 4 batteries packs at one time and balance the cells as well? I know there is a Hypersonic charger that can charge one 6.6 volt 4600 mAh battery pack at a time and it has one balancer input.

Obviously, as you can tell by my question, I'm new to this subject. Thanks for any insight you can share on this.

Diggery
Old 05-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #2
Matt Kirsch
Super Contributor

Friends: (1)

You'll have to go with individual chargers in order to charge and balance.

High-capacity multi-output chargers have been tried but are generally so expensive people just don't buy them. Plus there's a distinct disadvantage when one of the outputs on a multi-output charger goes belly-up: You end up with ZERO chargers while you're waiting for yours to be fixed!!!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers