Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Crash and Safety Forum
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Crash and Safety Forum Punch something in lately? Have safety suggestions? Tell the story, share safety tips, and show the pictures here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-26-2011, 01:57 PM   #51
Bald Paul

Friends: (0)

Not RC related, but on the same vein:
I'm a bowhunter, and have a life-sized deer target set up in my back yard that I use for practice.
I was going out to practice one morning, and noticed two local teens in the yard. One was holding the back of the buck, while the other was trying to pull the head and antlers off.
The sudden appearance of an arrow in the vitals area of the target between them caught their attention.
One took off running like a jackrabbit. The other froze in his tracks. I calmly reminded him that, unlike a bullet, arrows have no ballistics, and the river that flows behind my property would carry his body several miles downstream before it was ever noticed.
Haven't seen either of them since.
Old 06-26-2011, 02:05 PM   #52
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

I wish all bow hunters had as good an aim as you have. We've had stray arrows end up in our backyard. *NOT* what you want when you have small kids running around...

AMA #959089
Old 06-26-2011, 02:18 PM   #53
Hoot48
Noob old fart

I to was out of line...might be the new meds...but I thoughtmit all was in jest.
Hope you are doing well...

Hoot
Old 06-26-2011, 02:33 PM   #54
winggunner46

Club: Fire Tower Flyers

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
It Takes a Big Big Man to Apologize and say They were wrong, Very Nice Winggunner46 Take care and have fun, Chellie
You are most kind, God I hope you are really a good looking red head.

When I know I am right I hold my ground and don't get in my way.

It is only fair when I find out or know I am wrong that I admit it.

these other guys who are shooting at little kids with arrows are nuts. I don't use arrows. I shoot real bullets and if my kid come home and tells me some A hole shot a arrow even him near for what ever reason I am going to going to put a 300 win mag slug thru his his head. You guys are completely nuts and that is what gives us real sportsmen a bad name. My GOD, is your fake deer worth a kids life or injury. If I knew who you are or where you live I would have you arrested or shoot you my self. In SC no court would find me guilty and this is a big hunting state. Now if you know it was my kid and come tell me what he did he is not going to he able to sit down for a week.

OneEyedJack and "The Dawg"

HZ Champ, A-10 Dynam Warthog,Dynam Sky Trainer (Fake 182),Some type of 3D Foamie
HZ 15E Aeronca Champ, 1 Camanche (SP)Heli
Old 06-26-2011, 02:43 PM   #55
winggunner46

Originally Posted by Hoot48 View Post
I to was out of line...might be the new meds...but I thoughtmit all was in jest.
Hope you are doing well...

Hoot
Thank you for your kind remarks. I am doing better and after 32 months I can walk again, but I will never be the same. Time for the big time Lawyers. Pay back. I was hurt because of some ones LARGE MISTAKE and the B-s---ds are going to pay me big time and then I am off to Argentina

HZ Champ, A-10 Dynam Warthog,Dynam Sky Trainer (Fake 182),Some type of 3D Foamie
Old 06-26-2011, 02:49 PM   #56
winggunner46

Default Mister you should be in Jail

Originally Posted by Bald Paul View Post
Not RC related, but on the same vein:
I'm a bowhunter, and have a life-sized deer target set up in my back yard that I use for practice.
I was going out to practice one morning, and noticed two local teens in the yard. One was holding the back of the buck, while the other was trying to pull the head and antlers off.
The sudden appearance of an arrow in the vitals area of the target between them caught their attention.
One took off running like a jackrabbit. The other froze in his tracks. I calmly reminded him that, unlike a bullet, arrows have no ballistics, and the river that flows behind my property would carry his body several miles downstream before it was ever noticed.
Haven't seen either of them since.
I fake deer against a kids POSSIBLE death. Nobody is that good a shot.
You should be locked up before you kill somebody. You must be a Yankee.

Old 06-26-2011, 04:37 PM   #57
Bald Paul

Sorry if I offended anyone. I guess some stories aren't meant to be shared. I'm outta here.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:18 AM   #58
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,140 Times in 2,049 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (309)

Originally Posted by winggunner46 View Post
You are most kind, God I hope you are really a good looking red head.

When I know I am right I hold my ground and don't get in my way.

It is only fair when I find out or know I am wrong that I admit it.

these other guys who are shooting at little kids with arrows are nuts. I don't use arrows. I shoot real bullets and if my kid come home and tells me some A hole shot a arrow even him near for what ever reason I am going to going to put a 300 win mag slug thru his his head. You guys are completely nuts and that is what gives us real sportsmen a bad name. My GOD, is your fake deer worth a kids life or injury. If I knew who you are or where you live I would have you arrested or shoot you my self. In SC no court would find me guilty and this is a big hunting state. Now if you know it was my kid and come tell me what he did he is not going to he able to sit down for a week.
Shhhhhhhh, dont tell anyone Ok I am really a Brunette I dyed my hair a while ago red when the picture was taken at a night Club Got to kick up the old heels now and then I have to dye my hair once a month now, or I will have a snow cap on the top Take care and have fun, Chellie

Thank Goodness I have not had to shoot anyone, 2 young men were trying to break into my Neighbor Car, I came out of the house with a 12 gauge Pump Shotgun, they heard a round being chambered and they hauled as_

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 06-27-2011, 05:32 PM   #59
Octavius
Alien Surfer

Club: Renegade Air Force
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by winggunner46 View Post
I fake deer against a kids POSSIBLE death. Nobody is that good a shot.
You should be locked up before you kill somebody. You must be a Yankee.
Don't worry about it. He's BSing with that made-up story anyway.

Old 06-27-2011, 06:45 PM   #60
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

View Lieutenant Loughead's Gallery35
Club: Flown 517 days in a row!
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (24)

Back on-topic: I have a buddy who was flying a GWS Zero in a big empty field at dusk. As it got darker, he lost orientation and crashed in the street about 100 yards north of our position. I landed (safely), and ran to catch up to my buddy who was walking briskly to retrieve his airplane. We got about halfway there when a white van came along and ran over it.

The van didn't just run over it -- it ran over the center of the airplane. There was a nice tread mark right through the center of the fuselage.

Thunder Power 2100 3s LiPo, Phoenix 25 ESC, and brushless inrunner motor & gearbox were all destroyed -- I think the two servos and receiver may have survived.

We think the van driver may have done it intentionally -- we did not see him slow down or swerve to miss it.

Of course he just kept driving -- we never saw him again.

Owner of the UNCLUB flying site and hobby shop in Arcadia, OK.

AMA #930992
Old 06-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #61
winggunner46

Default He is not a bad guy, we PMed, I think Old age

Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
Don't worry about it. He's BSing with that made-up story anyway.

In the PMs he is in fact a nice guy, but we don't need the press or unfriendly people to our sport that dream up storys about RC plane full of bombs going after certain persons who shall remain nameless.

I am sorry for raising the ROAR. In real life I am generally a nice guy, but I love kids and have spent the last 6 years, prior to my fall at work, subbing for HS and Middle School students. The little ones are just too intense for me to deal with. Little girls with wet pants that want me to help them change look like jail to me. In fact a 9th grader who I called down for taking 10 minutes in the bathroom complained to a female principal who did not like the fact I wore a hat. I am bald. got me banded for subbing in the county I live in and it just took all the joy out of it for me.
She, the little blonde will find out that the wheel of life never stops turning and some where, probably in college her cute little smile will not cut it anymore. Anyway, I hold no gruges and wish all well.

By the way, I did not get hurt at school, I got hurt at Millionaires private subdivision in Up Sate SC. 5 operations and over $250.00, 00 in med bills, all workmans comp and I have not even talked to a lawyer yet.
$$$$$$$$. I am now 65 and three years out of my life at my age is worth more than $25,000.00. Times 10 that is a good starting point. I will never be able to walk without heavy boots and will always have to use a cane. Gone are the hiking and backpacking trips unless I can get near with a car

Jack

OneEyedJack and the dawg

Old 06-27-2011, 10:37 PM   #62
Octavius
Alien Surfer

Club: Renegade Air Force
Friends: (3)

I honestly don't know what you're talking about. That might be too much information.

Old 06-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #63
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona Model Aviators
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (27)

Just a few friendly reminders folks:

1. WattFlyer is supposed to be a family friendly site. What does that mean? It means that all of the material posted here should be rated "G". I know most of us here are grown adults (who like to play with toys), but remember we also have young members here as well. Some of the recent stuff posted above I would not want my 9-yo daughter to read (and she reads this site on occassion). Let's keep it clean please. This includes bypassing the swear filters by leaving out certain letters in the naughty words. If it's a word that would be filtered, it should not be posted here.

2. Please stop with the made-up stories. They have no place here.

Thank you.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:02 AM   #64
Lieutenant Loughead
UNCLUB OWNER

View Lieutenant Loughead's Gallery35
Club: Flown 517 days in a row!
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (24)

Originally Posted by crxmanpat View Post
2. Please stop with the made-up stories. They have no place here.
Mine wasn't made up.

Owner of the UNCLUB flying site and hobby shop in Arcadia, OK.

AMA #930992
Old 06-28-2011, 03:21 AM   #65
crxmanpat
Community Moderator

Club: Arizona Model Aviators
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (27)

Guy,

I know yours was a valid story. I was talking more about the "an airplane flew right in front of my bike" and the "kids trying to steal my target deer" stories.

Pat Gagnon

Owner - Nico Hobbies

Your source for micro pusher jets!
Old 02-21-2012, 06:55 AM   #66
Mtrchs

You should of pushed him off his bike and tracked your foot across his face!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Crash and Safety Forum