Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-17-2006, 02:53 PM   #1
taekwondo

Friends: (0)
Default Beware World Hobby on Ebay

Beware World Hobby on Ebay. I purchased over 7 months ago (August 2005) if you can believe two Brushless Esc's. The vendor Tony from World Hobby, did not like the walmart money order I sent. He kept the money order and put it on his bulletin board for all his friends to laugh at. Needless to say, despite repeated requests by me, he neither sent me the ESC's I ordered or the MO. He had me suspended from ebay as he is a seller on ebay. He ridiculed me continously on rcgroups. Do a search there for world hobby.

The reason I am posting here is that Jim Bourke, the owner of rcgroups has closed our threads in regards to this matter.

This is what he said.

Originally Posted by jbourke
Taekwondo, I'm locking your threads because I keep getting reported posts from users who would like to see other subjects get to the top of the thread listing.

You can't realistically expect the users of this forum to appreciate seeing the same subject over and over. There are many other vendors worth talking about.

Jim

And this is what I said

Jim:

I'm a bit confused here, isn't this the vendor forum? And if your getting reported posts from users who would like to see other subjects get to the top of the thread listing, then why don't they write their own threads? If they want to be at the top of the post, all they have to do is write. We're giving you usage and your canning us because we're loyal to rcgroups. If they don't want to see the same subject over and over, no one is telling them they have to read it. If they want to talk about other vendors, let them, who's stopping them?

Your in charge, you can do whatever you like, but once you force us out, we'll have to go somewhere else to warn people about world hobby. Your call.
Old 03-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
taekwondo

True to my word, here I am. I don't care for censorship. This is supposed to be a free country. OK, it's their website, but they advertise to post discussions and specifically in the to discuss vendors sections are where my posts were located. Anyone is free to join in their two cents.

Thanks Henry
Old 03-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
Flyinb

Right on taekwondo, havent posted but been following your thread at rc groups. I like your style as i am a freedom loving handshake/my word is my word kind of guy as well. There is so many dishonest people out there these days and if your kept from defending yourself thats pretty bad. Take care buddy.

Bruce
Old 03-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #4
aviatordave
Super Contributor

View aviatordave's Gallery10
Club: A wooden stick used for hitting.
Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Outstanding Contributor Award  AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (29)

Maybe Anthony will chime in here since he is not banned in this forum. His business practice made for some good lunchtime reading, thats about all it was good for. I followed this thread over in RCGROUPS, too bad its shutting down the thread.

Dave
Old 03-17-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
volksdad

In my book, scam me once, and you'll burn forever!

It doesn't look like he's changing his tune, so I'd steer clear of WH.

Tae did you fly today?
Old 03-17-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
YAKMAN

Hello all. Thanks for the link Tae.

Looks like this is our new office where we will carry out our civic duty and warn others of toni aka worldhobbys appalling business manner. I like the furniture!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
taekwondo

Thanks guys, it's great having you here. I feel like we're all chums and if I had you guys over my house, I'd offer you all cold beer!!

Bruce:

'You have to do your civic duty'. I keep fighting the evil empire myself.

Dave:

Copy your last statement and cut it into the rc groups webpage so they can see that not all people hate the thread. It's mostly tony under various names.
Old 03-17-2006, 11:35 PM   #8
taekwondo

volks:

Yes, as a matter of fact, I flew my heli today and will fly with my friends tomorrow my saguaro and zero! Too cool. My brother painted it camo green once and he did an awesome job!
Old 03-17-2006, 11:36 PM   #9
taekwondo

Yak:

You didn't trash world hobby all day, what's going on? Tell me your not losing steam, LOL Personally I think World Hobby is the lousiest vendor I've ever done business with. Rips people off all the time.
Old 03-18-2006, 12:26 AM   #10
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

In all honesty that thread got out of hand and should have been shut down long ago. The story was told -from both sides- for all to see. Intelligent people will be able to form their own opinions and decide to buy from World Hobbies or not. There is an old axiom about beating dead horses.

Before anybody launches off on me here be aware that I too had less than pleasant experience with Anthony and his firm. I will not buy from him again. However I, speaking for myself, do not want to see the whole furball started over her on WF as it has already run it's course on RCG.

Tae, nothing personal man but methinks you need to just back off. You've made your point sufficiently.

If you've come to WF solely to continue railing against World Hobbies than that would be unfortunate as WF has so much more to offer.

Now let's get another 700 message thread going about 400XT's!

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:53 AM   #11
YAKMAN

Tae I like the idea of tag-team. That way no one will run out of steam and we can keep up the fight for many years. I am thinking of starting a society, where money is raised through various means, for the purpose of keeping track of tonis new business names, disseminating information about tonis business practices and such. Of couse it will have a website, linked to every other rc website. With the money raised we can all get together once a year and have a beer.

Taekwondo I really have to applaud you for your outstanding and unrellenting effort. It goes without saying you would have high rank in such an organisation.

So what will we call our society?
Old 03-18-2006, 02:04 AM   #12
max-nix
max-nix

View max-nix's Gallery1
Friends: (2)

I wonder how he maintains a 99.9% feedback ?

Truth is treason in the empire of lies
Old 03-18-2006, 01:39 PM   #13
WACOFlyer
Trailer Park Supervisor

If Anthony (tony, etal) has even half a brain, he should stay clear of these forums. Oh, unless he likes giving some of us ammuntion against him.....
Old 03-18-2006, 10:15 PM   #14
taekwondo

Talking

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
In all honesty that thread got out of hand and should have been shut down long ago. The story was told -from both sides- for all to see. Intelligent people will be able to form their own opinions and decide to buy from World Hobbies or not. There is an old axiom about beating dead horses.

Before anybody launches off on me here be aware that I too had less than pleasant experience with Anthony and his firm. I will not buy from him again. However I, speaking for myself, do not want to see the whole furball started over her on WF as it has already run it's course on RCG.

Tae, nothing personal man but methinks you need to just back off. You've made your point sufficiently.

If you've come to WF solely to continue railing against World Hobbies than that would be unfortunate as WF has so much more to offer.

Now let's get another 700 message thread going about 400XT's!
Mike:

You have a valid point. I did originally come to WF just to check it out, then went back to rcg and then now, because I was mildly annoyed at being censored on rcg, came here. But one thing is true, the complaints with wh are anti productive and I have received my mo. If he leaves me alone, I am willing to live and let live at this point.

I hope yak, smit , volks and other folks who have contributed to this thread both here and on rcgroups can forgive me, but I am tired of wasting time beating a dead horse as Mike has put it.

Just one last question for the gang, did I win the fight? I mean, I told him 5 months ago, if he refunded my mo I would let him go but if he didn't I would be on him like a cheap suit. So did I win the fight? LOL
Old 03-18-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
watt_the?!
Super Contributor

View watt_the?!'s Gallery38
Friends: (5)

you are most welcome here fo sho guys..please hang around. You have every right to post your experiences.

The members here are astute, intelligent and fair. They will read the topic and take it for what it means to them.

Cheers,

Tim
Old 03-18-2006, 10:51 PM   #16
Twmaster

Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
Mike:

You have a valid point. I did originally come to WF just to check it out, then went back to rcg and then now, because I was mildly annoyed at being censored on rcg, came here. But one thing is true, the complaints with wh are anti productive and I have received my mo. If he leaves me alone, I am willing to live and let live at this point.

I hope yak, smit , volks and other folks who have contributed to this thread both here and on rcgroups can forgive me, but I am tired of wasting time beating a dead horse as Mike has put it.

Just one last question for the gang, did I win the fight? I mean, I told him 5 months ago, if he refunded my mo I would let him go but if he didn't I would be on him like a cheap suit. So did I win the fight? LOL
Alright! I'm glad to see you got your money order back. I'd say you came out ahead simply because now others are aware of his business practices.

As for censorship I have quite a large personal issue with that.

To make this short, welcome to WattFlyer. You'll find it to be a great place to discuss electric RC in a semi-sane atmosphere. Glad to see you aboard!

Mike N

Old 03-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #17
ForestCam
Bad Influence

View ForestCam's Gallery3

I had GREAT service from them. Ordered two 18A brushless ESCs ($14 ea) and 4 5 gram servos ($6.99 ea), shipping for everything was only $7 and I recieved them in 5 days after they were shipped. It did take two weeks for my items to ship after the end of the auction BUT that was explained by a member here, apperently it takes two weeks for paypal to transfer funds to an overseas bank and that member had been burned himself by someone who cancelled the payment after the item was shipped.

Anthony responded to my emails promptly and gladly combined shipping.

Plan on ordering one of these next:

simply because the total with shipping will be $13.55 and I can't buy a BP-21 not including shipping for that much.

You guys just stay away and leave all the deals for me.:p
Old 03-19-2006, 01:48 AM   #18
Twmaster

Originally Posted by ForestCam View Post
I had GREAT service from them. Ordered two 18A brushless ESCs ($14 ea) and 4 5 gram servos ($6.99 ea), shipping for everything was only $7 and I recieved them in 5 days after they were shipped. It did take two weeks for my items to ship after the end of the auction BUT that was explained by a member here, apperently it takes two weeks for paypal to transfer funds to an overseas bank and that member had been burned himself by someone who cancelled the payment after the item was shipped.

Anthony responded to my emails promptly and gladly combined shipping.

Plan on ordering one of these next:

simply because the total with shipping will be $13.55 and I can't buy a BP-21 not including shipping for that much.

You guys just stay away and leave all the deals for me.:p
FC, you are better off ordering from HK as everything you order from the US seems to be a problem!

Mike N

Old 03-19-2006, 02:05 AM   #19
ForestCam
Bad Influence

View ForestCam's Gallery3

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
FC, you are better off ordering from HK as everything you order from the US seems to be a problem!

Don't even get me started! LMAO

BTW, both the recievers were JUNK! One was totally hosed and the other will only range test to about 15 FEET!

Good thing they never charged me and the crystals DO work in GWS receivers.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:21 PM   #20
taekwondo

Originally Posted by max-nix View Post
I wonder how he maintains a 99.9% feedback ?
he has a 98.4 to 98.5 % feedback rating. And he has that because he strong arms people into giving him pos feedback by neging them the moment they neg him and then offering to take back through ebay the neg feedbacks.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:19 PM   #21
taekwondo

Originally Posted by watt_the?! View Post
you are most welcome here fo sho guys..please hang around. You have every right to post your experiences.

The members here are astute, intelligent and fair. They will read the topic and take it for what it means to them.

Cheers,

Tim
Thanks Tim for the welcome. I am pretty tired of discussing WH and Tony's many shortcomings and will be pushing on. I'm only here cuz RC groups didn't want us any more. But there are more fun things to discuss like my uberall nippyies I just purchased.
Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #22
Twmaster

Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
he has a 98.4 to 98.5 % feedback rating. And he has that because he strong arms people into giving him pos feedback by neging them the moment they neg him and then offering to take back through ebay the neg feedbacks.
Feebay's feedback system is a broken joke. I know people who will not leave a negative comment for a buyer or seller as they are -afraid- of getting a negative in return. Afraid? Oh please. It's just stupid eBay. It's not like it goes on your credit report or something. This sort of silliness robs the rest of us who do not get to see negative comments left for a questionable feebay member.

Anyhoo, vendors like WH count on this to keep the damage from their customer disservice from hurting them too bad.

When I look at somebody's feedback I am looking at the negs. Anybody can usually fill and order and ship it thereby generating a positive point. It's how a company deals with the problems that really tell the tale. Sadly many feebay vendors fall down at this point.

So, like you Henry, I am tired of this topic.

Now, about those Nipply's!

Mike N

Old 03-19-2006, 08:12 PM   #23
aviatordave
Super Contributor

View aviatordave's Gallery10
Club: A wooden stick used for hitting.
Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Outstanding Contributor Award  AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (29)

Well its official! both Hobby World threads are locked and shut down on RCGROUPS. Reason was for too many complaints.

Interesting, when I get tired of a thread I just dont open it anymore.

oh well

Dave
Old 03-19-2006, 11:09 PM   #24
xray328
Tear it up n' get a bunch

Does the vendor sponsor RC Groups by chance? I had a problem with a parts vendor (automotive) so I posted it on a forum much like this (stangnet.com), but come to find out, the vendor sponsored the board I was posting on. Next thing I know my post gets locked. Imagine that.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:16 AM   #25
Don Sims
Administrator

View Don Sims's Gallery5
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (39)

Several of the forums at RCG are either run by vendors or moderated by them. Several are not. They are supposed to have a sticky or some kind of notice on the opening page of the forum to let you know if it's run by a vendor. Unless things have changed lately RCG is now moderated by paid staff.

Take care and thanks for posting at WattFlyer!!

Don

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions