Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-21-2006, 04:58 AM   #26
YAKMAN

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by Don Sims View Post
Several of the forums at RCG are either run by vendors or moderated by them. Several are not. They are supposed to have a sticky or some kind of notice on the opening page of the forum to let you know if it's run by a vendor. Unless things have changed lately RCG is now moderated by paid staff.
I guess somebody has to pay their wages
Old 03-21-2006, 09:52 AM   #27
jimmi

I didn't read your thread over at rcg taekwondo. But if you buy something and its not what you bargained for or was misled, then by all means its your business to let others here know about your experiance. Welcome to wattflyers as I have not been here for too long myself. Hopefully you will find it very helpful here. This was the first electric forum I ever joined, and find the people here very pleasant and very informative. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as I have. Jimmi

They say its mind over matter, but if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter...
Old 03-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #28
taekwondo

Jim/Yak:

Thanks for the kind words. The link over in RCG was long .... and very very informative, you should give it a read although rcg closed it down. Too much pressure from Tony I'd imagine. Anyway, I'm here now, and thanks for the invite. Have a great day!

Henry
Old 03-21-2006, 02:35 PM   #29
WACOFlyer
Trailer Park Supervisor

Hey Tae.............
Old 03-21-2006, 02:36 PM   #30
panzerd18

I bought a Sony K700i from World_Hobby when they were Asix_online or something. No problems.

Sending a Walmart money order to Hong Kong is just silly. How in the world was he meant to cash it?
Old 03-22-2006, 03:18 AM   #31
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by panzerd18 View Post
I bought a Sony K700i from World_Hobby when they were Asix_online or something. No problems.

Sending a Walmart money order to Hong Kong is just silly. How in the world was he meant to cash it?
Wal*Mart was just the seller of the money order. Travelers Express is the actual issuer/bank. The same money orders are sold in thousands of other stores. Not just Wally World. If I remember the the RCG thread correctly the seller said he would accept a money order for payment.

So the seller would cash it just like any other US money order. That's how.

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 03-22-2006, 03:37 AM   #32
qban_flyer

Thumbs up

I am with you 100% Henry. You did the right thing, and eBay is not what it used to be anymore. Too much human rubbish peddling their cheap wares there these days. They have no clue as to the meaning of respect for their fellow human beings, much less for the rules of the site.

Regarding RCG, it is a hornet's nest over there. It is one site that I have belonged to since 2003 but seldom posted on. I feel more at home here, more comraderie and less bickering.

PS: Thank you for alerting us to World Hobby, it is a site I will never buy from. Even if their prices were half of what everybody else was charging for comparable merchandise. EOM.

Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
True to my word, here I am. I don't care for censorship. This is supposed to be a free country. OK, it's their website, but they advertise to post discussions and specifically in the to discuss vendors sections are where my posts were located. Anyone is free to join in their two cents.

Thanks Henry

Old 03-22-2006, 04:20 AM   #33
panzerd18

Ok I understand now. I didn't use money order. So it would have been real easy for him to cash the WalMart money order in Hong Kong?

I used direct deposit into his Australian bank account and the mobile phone came in no time.

Anyone notice that the store is not selling anything at the moment? Has World_Hobby been suspended from ebay?
Old 03-22-2006, 05:08 AM   #34
qban_flyer

Question

Ok I understand now. I didn't use money order. So it would have been real easy for him to cash the WalMart money order in Hong Kong?

I used direct deposit into his Australian bank account and the mobile phone came in no time.

Anyone notice that the store is not selling anything at the moment? Has World_Hobby been suspended from ebay?
Could be that or it could also mean he has "moved" on to better and bigger things.

He has these negatives:
Past Month: 6
Past 6 months: 38
Past 12 months: 58

With a feedback like that I would avoid anyone on eBay like the plague. Even if their transactions are in excess of 4000.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:55 AM   #35
jimmi

I'm not trying to be funny here, but 6 negs in one month will definately do it for me. If you have 6 negatives in 1 month then retailing isn't your call in life, or your just not a people person. How sad that just selling products people can be so negative and difficult to do business with. I have always said it, the best advertizement is word of mouth, nothing spreads the word any faster. I agree with you also qban, respect does go a long way and we don't need people like that in this hobby. The guys who have gotten there products with no problem, consider yourself lucky. 6 negatives in one month sure makes a big statement in my book. Jimmi

They say its mind over matter, but if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter...
Old 03-22-2006, 10:32 AM   #36
panzerd18

Sure 5 negs is bad in one month.

But also in the one month he has had positive 969 feedback.
That's 193 positive transactions for every negative one. You can sometimes never please customers. I work part time in retail and have seen these type of customers.

Though this isn't the case of the user who made this thread, who sent the money to World_Hobby and never received his product. Things do happen, money gets lost etc sometimes some customers are the unlucky ones.

Anyone find products in World Hobbys Ebay store? Has it closed down?
Old 03-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #37
qban_flyer

Exclamation

eBay user world_hobby fedback:

Past Month: 6
Past 6 months: 38
Past 12 months: 58

Anyone with 58 negatives in one year is not a good person to deal with, period. Makes no difference to me if he has a total feedback of 100 or 10000. He's a bad apple, rotten to the core.

I am sure the reason why his store is closed down is due in part to his entire feedback history and his attitude toward his fellow human beings while "selling" (I call it peddling) on eBay.

Call it what you may, his is but one example of the mindset exhibited by some in that part of the world when dealing with westerners. Nope, I am not bigoted, I call an ace an ace, and a spade a spade, then let the chips fall where they may.

Some in Asia consider us intellectualy inferior, gullible and stupid. They are convinced we are easy prey to their shenanigans.
Some of the ones I have dealt with Stateside suffer from that same bigoted and erroneous mind set.
It has gotten them in trouble many times, yet they fail to realize their mistakes and keep repeating them over and over again.

If world_hobby is out of eBay for good, I say good riddance and stay away from us! Peddle your wares to those living in your part of the world.

That's 193 positive transactions for every negative one. You can sometimes never please customers. I work part time in retail and have seen these type of customers.

Though this isn't the case of the user who made this thread, who sent the money to World_Hobby and never received his product. Things do happen, money gets lost etc sometimes some customers are the unlucky ones.

Old 03-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #38
taekwondo

I specifically asked him prior to sending the MO if he accepted MO's and he said yes. Was I to go to Hong Kong and get a local mo? A mo or cashier's check is just a document and that doc can be cashed at ANY bank. In any event, he did have to be an azz he could have just sent it back politely and avoided 10000 people seeing the threads.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:36 PM   #39
qban_flyer

Unhappy

I would have been very upset if he had put me what he put you through, especially using the W-M MO you sent him in good faith to amuse his acquaintances and embarrass you. What a piece of human garbage that idiot is.

I specifically asked him prior to sending the MO if he accepted MO's and he said yes. Was I to go to Hong Kong and get a local mo? A mo or cashier's check is just a document and that doc can be cashed at ANY bank. In any event, he did have to be an azz he could have just sent it back politely and avoided 10000 people seeing the threads.

Old 03-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #40
xray328
Tear it up n' get a bunch

Isn't a MO a MO? I can see the humor in it coming from Wal-Mart, but it should cash just the same, right? I'm sure Wal-Mart isn't the one standing behind the money, right? Wouldn't a bank be the actual source with Wal-Mart distributing them?
Old 03-22-2006, 09:47 PM   #41
jimmi

Alot of the positive feedbacks I don't buy. Look in ebay and see how many times 1 person puts a positive remark for a buy is ridicoulous. I have seen 10 good remarks in a row and yes they are all counted. Alot of guys who get burned or are treated like crap just leave matters alone. The embarresment that comes when someone ripps you off is nothing to write about. And alot of people just let it go and don't want to deal with it. It amazes me that just because someone has gotten a product from someone and everything went well when it happens to another person and it doesn't go as well they seem to look the other way. I agree things do happen and if this person lost his money order then he should of contacted the buyer and said so and not let the buyer assume. When dealing with the public I think being nice and polite goes a long way, I don't think thats asking to much. That is true in you can never please some customers, but then I take the approach as the customer is always right and hopefully that doesn't put up a wall between you and the customer. Jimmi

Old 03-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #42
MikeMc
Sponge Mike

View MikeMc's Gallery8
Send a message via Yahoo to MikeMc

World Hobbys. Noted.

Sponge Mike Square Pants - Insubordinate Renegade Airforce (IRA 1)
My Other Passion
Old 03-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #43
taekwondo

Looks like he closed down world hobbies today and is resurfacing as hobby_kong. Beware the chameleon!! Remember, forewarned is forearmed!

http://www.ebay.com.sg/fdbkProfile?UserId=hobbykong
Old 03-22-2006, 10:55 PM   #44
taekwondo

Originally Posted by xray328 View Post
Isn't a MO a MO? I can see the humor in it coming from Wal-Mart, but it should cash just the same, right? I'm sure Wal-Mart isn't the one standing behind the money, right? Wouldn't a bank be the actual source with Wal-Mart distributing them?
BTW someone mentioned that the walmart mo's are actually made and backed by american express.
Old 03-22-2006, 11:09 PM   #45
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

Looks like he closed down world hobbies today and is resurfacing as hobby_kong. Beware the chameleon!! Remember, forewarned is forearmed!

http://www.ebay.com.sg/fdbkProfile?UserId=hobbykong
And that is one of the huge problems with Feebay. Don't like your feedback? Dissed too many customers? No worry! It's easy! It's fun! And it's refreshing! Just start a new user ID/account. Nobody will notice. Pay no attention to the lizard behind the glass...... And even better is that if you've been shut down previously by Feebay they won't do anything until enough people complain.

*sigh*

These days Feebay is a wasteland. Little good stuff. Lots of total junk toy grade (or worse) RC crud from China with ultra cheap starting price or BIN price and high high high shipping. Feebay does not care. They won't be bothered with policing their site. These sellers pay for every listing. Feebay cares not if it sells when they are getting piles of free money from the listings.

Gah. I just now made myself mad. I'll step down of the box of Ajax now.

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 03-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #46
xray328
Tear it up n' get a bunch

Originally Posted by Twmaster View Post
Wal*Mart was just the seller of the money order. Travelers Express is the actual issuer/bank. The same money orders are sold in thousands of other stores. Not just Wally World. If I remember the the RCG thread correctly the seller said he would accept a money order for payment.

So the seller would cash it just like any other US money order. That's how.
Sorry.
Old 03-23-2006, 01:54 AM   #47
qban_flyer

Question

It appears that some here can't either read or can't understand what it is being conveyed by some posters in plain English. Those won't be convinced one way or the other as they already have their minds made up, just like RCG did to the originator of this thread (his original is post quoted below).

First and foremost, the amn in Asia did get the Wal-Mart Money Order, that is a given.

Second, as of yesterday he had six (6) negatives in one month. Makes no difference how many positives the man-woman has had in one year, I look a the comments left by the dissatisfied buyer and compare to sinmilar comments left by previous ones.
If they match, that buyer won't be getting any of my business.

If he has resurfaced under another user ID (hobbykong), then it is incumbent on eBay to check everything regarding that new user ID, including his IP address. If he happens to be the same as the one booted out, they should watch him carefully and whack him out the first time he reverts to previous behavior.

On the other hand, since eBay is no longer what it used to be in '97, we can't expect it to behave like the little operation it was back then. Sellers are the ones fattening their accounts with the fees they collect from them. That's why they are a seller oriented outfit these days. They no longer mediate disputes in good faith and or are impartial in the ones they get involved in.

It is pretty evident this seller has no regard for westerners and or our way of life. He may even hate everything we stand for, except his taste for US dollars. Dollars he loves, westerners he despises and looks down on.

Post Script:
Evidently hobbykong and world_kong are not the same entity as hobbykong.

HobbyKong:

World_Hobby:

Beware World Hobby on Ebay
Beware World Hobby on Ebay. I purchased over 7 months ago (August 2005) if you can believe two Brushless Esc's.The vendor Tony from World Hobby, did not like the walmart money order I sent. He kept the money order and put it on his bulletin board for all his friends to laugh at. Needless to say, despite repeated requests by me, he neither sent me the ESC's I ordered or the MO. He had me suspended from ebay as he is a seller on ebay. He ridiculed me continously on rcgroups. Do a search there for world hobby.

The reason I am posting here is that Jim Bourke, the owner of rcgroups has closed our threads in regards to this matter.

This is what he said.

Originally Posted by jbourke
Taekwondo, I'm locking your threads because I keep getting reported posts from users who would like to see other subjects get to the top of the thread listing.

You can't realistically expect the users of this forum to appreciate seeing the same subject over and over. There are many other vendors worth talking about.

Jim

And this is what I said

Jim:

I'm a bit confused here, isn't this the vendor forum? And if your getting reported posts from users who would like to see other subjects get to the top of the thread listing, then why don't they write their own threads? If they want to be at the top of the post, all they have to do is write. We're giving you usage and your canning us because we're loyal to rcgroups. If they don't want to see the same subject over and over, no one is telling them they have to read it. If they want to talk about other vendors, let them, who's stopping them?

Your in charge, you can do whatever you like, but once you force us out, we'll have to go somewhere else to warn people about world hobby. Your call.

Old 03-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #48
panzerd18

He is back up trading. Only selling a few R/C cars. As I said before its 193 positive transactions to every one negative. Thats safe enough for me to buy off an ebay seller. He also has an Australian bank account I send the money to. I guess I am willing to take the risk while others will shop else where.
Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 AM   #49
qban_flyer

Red face

To each, his own. He won't be getting anything from me, much less USDs.

Old 03-23-2006, 01:49 PM   #50
taekwondo

Ditto Qban, I won't send him a cup of rice. He is rude, rips people off, insults, and offends. Plus I don't shop on feebay any more either. It's a giant waste of time, you can almost always do better at a lhs or esite when on sale in terms of quality for price or bang for the buck IMHO.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions