Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Company Discussions Discuss your company experiences here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #51
aviatordave
Super Contributor

View aviatordave's Gallery10
Club: A wooden stick used for hitting.
Send a message via Yahoo to aviatordave Send a message via Skype™ to aviatordave
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Outstanding Contributor Award  AP Contest Winner  AP Contest Winner 
Friends: (29)

Maybe I'm too conservative when it comes to buying on ebay ??? I usually stray away from any foreign country due to the extra $$$ involved in shipping and the customs waiting period. I have bought from Canada thats about the extent of it. I've also had better luck just buying from 'normal people' verses the 'power sellers' regarding communication of the item.

I wonder if Aus, Eur, Asia feel the same when they buy from the US? I'm sure alot of them have the same feelings buying from different countries....

Dave
Old 03-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #52
Twmaster

View Twmaster's Gallery17
Friends: (13)

Originally Posted by taekwondo View Post
Ditto Qban, I won't send him a cup of rice. He is rude, rips people off, insults, and offends. Plus I don't shop on feebay any more either. It's a giant waste of time, you can almost always do better at a lhs or esite when on sale in terms of quality for price or bang for the buck IMHO.
I still buy stuff on Feebay. Only if it is a super deal though as there are indeed lots of good sources for good stuff at good prices.

I sell more on Feebay than I buy. Geez, I have too much crap to rid myself of.

One thing that always gives me a chuckle is the sellers who week after week list the same tired stuff at MAP prices without too many bids. Why bother?

Mike N

Support the entire Constitution.
Not just the parts you like.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:00 AM   #53
jimmi

Friends: (0)

193 positive to every one negative is not something to really write about. I still would not do business with them odds. So many positives that he changed his name and did business elsewhere under a new alias Just a general statement Jimmi

They say its mind over matter but if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter
Old 03-25-2006, 11:23 AM   #54
Masterpiece

Originally Posted by aviatordave View Post
Maybe I'm too conservative when it comes to buying on ebay ??? I usually stray away from any foreign country due to the extra $$$ involved in shipping and the customs waiting period. I have bought from Canada thats about the extent of it. I've also had better luck just buying from 'normal people' verses the 'power sellers' regarding communication of the item.

I wonder if Aus, Eur, Asia feel the same when they buy from the US? I'm sure alot of them have the same feelings buying from different countries....

Dave
I've bought from the US, Europe, Japan and in Oz, without hesitation to buying overseas. When you live in a country like Australia that is STARVED for good quality equipment, you really have no alternative . The US has the highest postage costs to overseas, BUT then the cost for the same item in Australia is STILL more than the item from the US with postage. For instance I bought a Mega 16/25/3 from Dynamo Electrics at the cost of US$95 with postage costing US$20 (AU$153.00 all up). Back in Oz that motor is about AU$165 "before" postage costs (posatge would be about from AU$12 - $15).

So you can see for me, at least it's cheaper to buy overseas. And believe it or not, service is much quicker too .
Old 03-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #55
Flutter By

Originally Posted by jimmi View Post
193 positive to every one negative is not something to really write about. I still would not do business with them odds. So many positives that he changed his name and did business elsewhere under a new alias Just a general statement Jimmi

They say its mind over matter but if you don't have a mind it doesn't matter
I agree!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:34 AM   #56
ExtremeRC
Rocket Man

I wouldnt put OZ in with Asia in any wording!! Qban is right, there is a theme going on here, I have experienced this, and its all to do with a certain demographic and the way they have been brought up to do business with each other...

There are too many sellers popping up in OZ, the US and on Ebay who come from the world of asian business ethics (or lack thereof) who have no interest in what they sell, little knowledge, and are only in it for the quick buck. In SE Asia there is no such thing as warranty... after sales service?? get real!!

There are way too many of these opportunists getting involved with the electric flight business, they can ring a relative back home, get box loads of cheap crap sent over with fancy names, and offload it onto unsuspecting local buyers.
Old 06-02-2006, 02:24 PM   #57
qban_flyer

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by mocca View Post
I wouldnt put OZ in with Asia in any wording!! Qban is right, there is a theme going on here, I have experienced this, and its all to do with a certain demographic and the way they have been brought up to do business with each other...

There are too many sellers popping up in OZ, the US and on Ebay who come from the world of asian business ethics (or lack thereof) who have no interest in what they sell, little knowledge, and are only in it for the quick buck. In SE Asia there is no such thing as warranty... after sales service?? get real!!

There are way too many of these opportunists getting involved with the electric flight business, they can ring a relative back home, get box loads of cheap crap sent over with fancy names, and offload it onto unsuspecting local buyers.
You have described their way of dealing with the Western end user to a "T". :o

One famous RC battery "manufacturer" deals with his end users in the same exact fashion you have described. Unfortunately for him and his company (fortunately for us) most RC users have gotten wise to his modus operandi and the quality (in his case lack thereof) of his inferior products.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #58
TopSpin

Friends: (1)
Default Out of the Abyss of Time

Hey, just dragging this up from the bottom of the time machine.

From World Hobby to United Hobby to Hobby King, nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing has changed with that company except the name. Be sure to read this before you spend one dime.

The TRUTH is not always what it seems.
Old 04-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #59
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

yaaaaaawwnnnn,............ 2006 -2012 its been said to death and you want to resurrect the dead. seems to me that boarders along the line of religious topics.[jk]

so whats new topspin? [dang wind is driven me bored silly]

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Vendor Discussions > Company Discussions