Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Catalina

Friends: (0)
Default HobbyKing Opens Australian Warehouse. Is it any cheaper for us?

Aust warehouse now open. Everytime I check there is more and more models getting added to the inventory. I was really excited about saving a heap on postage so I could afford more planes.

Did a check on the 9F Panther R/C Ducted Fan Jet Plug-n-Fly (AUS Warehouse) and compared it to getting one sent from China.

Why is it still cheaper to by from china and get it shipped to sydney than buying from NSW location and getting it sent to sydney? Not sure of the advantage of Aust warehouse.

Any comments?
Old 09-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Hi Mate, Gee I though Everything was Cheaper Down Under Cheers, Chellie

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-18-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Catalina

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by CHELLIE View Post
Hi Mate, Gee I though Everything was Cheaper Down Under Cheers, Chellie
Sorry, I miscalculated. It is a couple of dollars cheaper. I hope they stock a good range of batteries servos etc so we can make use of the larger weights allowed on postage.

Chellie, everything is more expensive here. I have a brother who lives in Texas and he tells me what you guys pay for cars/fuel, internet, CD/DVD,s, all electrical appliances etc. We get ripped off here big time.
Old 09-18-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,109 Times in 2,019 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (305)

Originally Posted by Catalina View Post
Sorry, I miscalculated. It is a couple of dollars cheaper. I hope they stock a good range of batteries servos etc so we can make use of the larger weights allowed on postage.

Chellie, everything is more expensive here. I have a brother who lives in Texas and he tells me what you guys pay for cars/fuel, internet, CD/DVD,s, all electrical appliances etc. We get ripped off here big time.
yes, i think your right most everything has to be exported to you, and you get stuck with import fees on top of what you pay for a given product.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 09-19-2010, 12:20 AM   #5
groundrushesup
Super Contributor

View groundrushesup's Gallery45
Club: Hill Country Wattheads
Send a message via AIM to groundrushesup
Awards Showcase

1kW 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by Catalina View Post

Solution: Come to Texas! They love you Aussie blokes up here - something about a similar rough-and-tumble mindset I guess.

Hell they even made my Yankee hide feel welcome when I got here 4 years ago... well, there was SOME hazing lol

Texas is awesome. At least make it for a visit! I know air fare is absurd (I priced a visit to QLD on Qantas to see an old expat friend of mine - I had to ask the nice lady if she had accidentally added a zero somewhere. LOL nah it was actually like 4K for a decent seat.

But oh well, stow away on a freighter or something - I am sure Chellie will put you up in Chino after you land at Long Beach

Sorry for rambling I got a bit too much sun at the Fly-In today

GRU

Everybody's Somebody at The Hill Country Watthead's Thread!
Stop in and see what we're up to!

Visit Our Youtube Channel, too!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Regional Forums > Regional forums listing > Australia