Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft Discuss and share your scratch built or kit built aircraft as well as building techniques, methods, mediums and resources.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 10-14-2010, 01:40 AM   #1
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Club: Lancaster County Fliers
Friends: (3)
Default AeroCraft has moved and is back up now.

Not for a while at least. I ordered a Miss Stik Sr from them about three weeks ago and I still don't have it, even though they are only a ten hour drive away.

I called them a few days ago to see what the hold up was. No, they didn't lose my order, no, the MS isn't back-ordered or ut of stock, and no, they haven't even shipped it out yet.

They are moving! So everyone's order is held up until they can get everything relocated and reorganized. So if you want one of their planes, you might want to wait a bit.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,162 Times in 2,070 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (311)

Gee, You would think that they would have the Decency to inform the customer and post the info on their web page that they were moving, and that orders may be held up, Thats the problem with Most Businesses now days, They dont give a Sheet.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 10-14-2010, 01:52 AM   #3
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

flywheel,i canceled an order with them last week for the tumblewatt. i changed because i want to get a 3dxHobbies foam profile yak to fly in the park.

the title to your post has negative vibes but its content is true ,they are moving from 2 locations into one and that can't be easy. i spoke with bill the owner for a while and after the move thing will be better than ever ....they ship pretty quick. i only wish they'ed use paypal for payment. the skimmer was an awsome kit to build and bill had given his input on installing the ailerons along with a great bunch of support from here at wattflyer.

all in all aerocraft has some fun builds and is a standup straight company.and if we are respectful they go outa their way to help .

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:00 AM   #4
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

Yes they are great to do business with I have bought from them twice and never a problem. It is tough to move a company and still try and operate at the same time. Yes it would of been nice if they announced it on there web site that there was going to be a delay in shipping products.

I wouldn't bash these guys they have been in business for a long time and have a great reputation for service, and product their kits are well thought out and easy to build, plus fly great.
Just my thoughts on this one bad experience does not make a bad company. I am looking forward to ordering from them again.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:07 AM   #5
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

ditto that gramps!! a senior teleamaster would be a nice addition to the hanger with transparent covering....maybe next winter.....its a replacement hog bipe this winter and i have to wait for a production run in november. i can wait for aerocraft or sigs planes as they are worth the wait.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 10-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

That was a nice looking bipe that you had I was checking it out when you posted up some pic's of it before your fatal flight.
I have a Sig Smith miniplane waiting to be built nice looking plane. I want one of there Telemasters myself I had the mini tele from them to bad it went to the scrape heap caused by my lack of experience at respecting the wind. Yes they are worth the wait.
Give them a chance flywheel you will be happy with the kit.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:51 AM   #7
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i considered the smith mini also.......very scale looking,and just the right size to pop in the back of the car without having to break it down.

the hog also fit in the back without having to break it down.it the only way i'll build from now on.guess i'm gettin lazy.

gramps,ya don't have to do a build thread on the smith ,but do post a couple of pics when you do,we just love pic's here ...lol. i still fly the sig [herr] pits speacial almost every time i go to the field,flys great on a windy day and suprises other pilots on its handleing for a 35"ws. i posted it with the skimmer video....not great filming but great fun flying.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #8
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5

No negativity intended (well, maybe a little shock factor ) basiclly an explination for those who are wondering what's up with their order!

And I know very well what trying to move an active company can be like, Try moving a fully equipped CNC machine shop while trying to meet customer deadlines! And I'm not talking about little home sized machines like Bridgeports either (althogh we did have some of those too). The smallest CNC machines were fully encased 20-40 vertical mills each about the size of a mini van. Our biggest were the two CNC turret punch presses which were both as big as a school bus!

These are all of course delicately balanced precision instruments starting at about $80,000 each, that must be removed, handled and re-installed with care. So as you might imagine as soon as A-C told me they were moving I told them I completely understood what they were going through!
And yeah, an Aero Craft Skimmer is on my wish list too, next in line if all goes well with the Miss!

"Give a man a plane and he'll fly for a day.
Teach a man to build a plane and he'll fly for a lifetime"
Old 11-02-2010, 12:45 AM   #9
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5

I gave Aero Craft another Call today, they are done moving. their new address is:

Aero Craft Ltd.
777 Herricks Lane
Riverhead, NY. 11901

They are now in the process of catching up, and my plane should be shipped sometime next week.

So I did what any healthy RC hobbyist would do, I made a change to my order and added a Skimmer 400. Rationalizing that I was 1. saving on the shipping, 2; getting it now before the price goes up and 3; by getting it now I won't have to worry about it going out of production before I did get around to it.

How's that for rationalization?:

Old 11-17-2010, 12:40 AM   #10
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5

Hmm, still no planes.

I gave them another call today (11:20 EST) and got their Ans. machine. I left a message but they haven't gotten back yet. This is almost as bad as the wait for my Cylon.

Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 AM   #11
RUSH

Friends: (1)

Took forever to get a couple kits from them for me when they WEREN'T moving a few years back. They charged my card, but no communication about being backordered. They told me they were being cut when I called them a couple weeks later, but didn't get them for another month. The kits were OK for the price, but I don't like dealing with people who think the customer comes last, so I never ordered from them again.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:43 AM   #12
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

i know how you feel,been waiting for Sig to get the hog bipe in stock....ordered mine back in sept as a anniversary gift to myself which was Oct. knew they were going to be running a production of them for Nov but looks like it may take till dec.........now its looking like a Christmas present. at least all the components and covering materials will go as x-mas gifts....lol.

i wonder if theres still a shortage of quality balsa for kits.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #13
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery86
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by FlyWheel View Post
Not for a while at least. I ordered a Miss Stik Sr from them about three weeks ago and I still don't have it, even though they are only a ten hour drive away.

I called them a few days ago to see what the hold up was. No, they didn't lose my order, no, the MS isn't back-ordered or ut of stock, and no, they haven't even shipped it out yet.

They are moving! So everyone's order is held up until they can get everything relocated and reorganized. So if you want one of their planes, you might want to wait a bit.

I'll probably get off my rear and ship something out to a guy today, that I'm giving him for free, with me paying the shipping tab to boot. I offered it 2 days ago. That said, moving is no excuse to not ship out kit orders. That's absolute nonsense of an excuse they gave you. On the other hand, all vendor excuses, pretty much like excuses in general, are nonsense. When folks give excuses, you should always call them on every aspect of the excuse, until you drive them into the wall.

As for backorders, there's nothing worse than vendors who do not honestly show stock on the site.
From the realist's perspective:
When you pay for something that a vendor does not have, they spend your money. How the heck they get the money to get you stuff, is basically a Peter-Paul scenario.
I got a kick out of looking at the HP vendor forum at another place, where folks would coincidentally get their money refunded, after complaining on the forum. This tells you that they are literally stretching out every refund as far as they can, to make payroll and order stuff for other folks that they did not have, along the lines of the Peter-Paul scenario. I wish folks could figure this out, as it's not a good sign of a well run business.
Old 11-26-2010, 04:17 PM   #14
PaperAirplane
Subscribed...

Club: None (yet...)
Friends: (7)

I want to get a Micro Telemaster, but they are out of stock at Hobby Lobby, only available from AeroCraft. What do you guys think, are they back on track? Is it worth ordering?

Hanger: GWS Slow Stick; Nutball
Old 11-26-2010, 04:49 PM   #15
tobydogs
love to build!

Awards Showcase

a friend at my first club saw my mini telemaster and told me of his micro tele....he loved it and said it was a very solid bird capable of a lot of abuse. something a plane needs when in my hanger...lol.....

since it's an inexpensive kit,why not order it and another small kit from else where to build first,this logic will land you several kits in the waiting to be built....i have4 kits in waiting and my next build is on order being manufactured as we speak. should be sent in a few weeks just in time for the really cold weather. i can't wait to have the hog bipe back on the table . it is a awsome build!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #16
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5

Originally Posted by PaperAirplane View Post
I want to get a Micro Telemaster, but they are out of stock at Hobby Lobby, only available from AeroCraft. What do you guys think, are they back on track? Is it worth ordering?
They ARE cutting wood again, and at a feverish pace (or so they tell me) to take care of the backorder caused from their conglomeration/move. You may have to wait a bit until they catch up though.

It would have been nice to have a second alternative, unfortunately AC is to the best of my knowledge the only source of either the Miss Stik Sr. or the Skimmer, both of which they make. And both of which are at the top of my "wish list".

Old 12-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #17
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Default Finally?

I got in touch with AeroCraft yesterday, and after he did some checking he returned my call saying the planes would be sent out today (12-21). So hopefully by Christmas?

We'll see

Old 12-22-2010, 01:45 AM   #18
K CLOSE
Huge Member

View K CLOSE's Gallery35
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot 
Friends: (13)

Let me get this straight, your hoping for a September order to be shipped around January of the next year? Those guys can sooo go play catch by themselves, if you know what I mean.....

Old 12-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #19
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5
Default The lumber truck came today!

With a real cute driver, I might add! Or maybe it was one of Santa's elves. Anyway, I now have two boxes of balsa and plans waiting for me to teach them how to fly. Guess it's time to start setting up my shop.

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.
(Hey, I like that! maybe I should copywrite it.)

Old 12-30-2010, 02:41 AM   #20
hebflyer

Friends: (0)

I'm also waiting for an order from AC that I placed on 12/14/2010, and am now thinking I will not see it until Feb 2011, I hope. No response yet to my Email requesting a ship date. If those two guys are the only ones running the business, I can understand why they are so backlogged. I am in no real hurry since I am still working on my Mustang. I ordered all of my power system for it at the same time from another vendor and have already received everything. Oh well, thumb twiddling time.

1/3/2011 The boys at AC must be getting caught up, I received my order today. So I must amend my expectation remark about Feb. for my order. My apologies if I stepped on any toes because of my remarks.
Old 12-31-2010, 05:50 AM   #21
FlyWheel
Ochroma Lagopus Tekton

View FlyWheel's Gallery5

Yeah, had I been the one making decisions I would have frozen all ordering until after the move had been completed, instead of letting them accumulate. As few people as they have there, I'm sure they are all running around like decapited chickens!

Hobby Lobby states on their web site that the Miss Stik will be out of stock untill [I think] February 2011. I wouldn't doubt the rest of the AC planes they still sell are listed the same. That's why I ordered from AeroCraft in the first place. Unfortunatly I didn't know at the time they were the sole supplier of MS's, otherwise I would have waited too.

Oh well, live and learn?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Scratch and Kit Built Aircraft