Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-16-2010, 11:12 AM   #1
bob4432

Friends: (0)
Thumbs up Heads Up: OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver in stock

just a heads up - OrangeRx Futaba FASST Compatible 8Ch 2.4Ghz Receiver in stock now - $29.99US
Old 12-16-2010, 01:21 PM   #2
gramps2361
Community Moderator

View gramps2361's Gallery9
Club: Rocky Hill Flying Circus
Friends: (21)

I grabbed 2 of these I don't think they updated the page they are still showing 10 like yesterday when I bought them hope they didn't make mistake and not post that they are on BK.
Reviews have been very good for these, and now they have a case for them. I received about 6 emails telling me about the case one was not enough.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:05 PM   #3
TomBates

Club: Oneonta R/C Flyers
Friends: (1)

You're lucky Gramps. I've received at least a dozen of them. And one more thing. When you check the web site they list them as backordered. At least I'm on the list to notify when they do get them.

Tom

USN (Ret.)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I have recieved a bunch more on the case. Take a look at the comments people are posting on HK site they are complaining about the same thing getting 9 or more emails about the case.

Tom I have been waiting to get these for a couple of months every time I get a notice the RX is in by the time I get to the website the RX is on backorder again. I placed a order yesterday morning around 6 a.m. so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I beat the clock and they get shipped, and not back ordered.
John
Old 12-16-2010, 09:01 PM   #5
TomBates

John, I made a booboo on that reply. Nothing new for me though. Anyway, I'd just finished looking at the HK web site and had been checking the new RX case they mentioned. That was what I looked at, not the actual RX. The case is what is backordered, maybe the actual RX is too. When I got my receivers I ordered them when they were backordered and finally got them a couple of months later. They were taking care of the backorders and still had them listed as backorder. I think the best thing to do now is like you did, put your order in and wait it out. The biggest problem is they charged my CC right away, not a good business practice. At least I have 2 of them now and probably won't use them until spring or summer. Oh, I just now looked at the web site and see they're in stock. Good deal. I did the binding as soon as I got them just to make sure at least that was working.

Tom

USN (Ret.)
Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #6
bob4432

you use to be able to use a certain link to see the stock, but now it just says 50 - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking_a...14300&switch=1

but it does appear that it is in stock because here is the same syntax w/ an item that is out of stock, 3.5mm bullets - http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking_a...id=68&switch=1 where it states -20.

again, i think these show there is stock and also backorders on the 3.5mm bullets, just not too sure about the accuracy of the quantity as it said 50 of the rxs yesterday.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
gramps2361
Community Moderator

I am pumped I just received a confirmation that my item is shipped. So I did get lucky and place my order in time befopre they sold out again. Seems like they only have so many to sell and the rest of the RX's are used to fill back orders this is only my opinion of what is happening.

Tom no problem I have done the same thing at least I am not getting anymore emails about the cases for these rx's. Good idea on the binding to mine will go into some foamies till I feel confident with these the reviews are good though.
John
Old 12-17-2010, 02:33 PM   #8
TomBates

It looks like a good deal John. Looking through all the comments here and the other two sites you hear very little bad comments about them. I doubt I'll actually use them until spring at the earliest. Good luck.

Tom

USN (Ret.)
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #9
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

View dbcisco's Gallery9
Friends: (7)

If the FASST are as good as the DSM ones then you are going to be happy with them. Be patient, they will ship, worth the wait.

PDE, NRI, Oracle, Cisco and CompTIA Technician and Teacher Certifications.
History, Anthroplogy and Education BS, PSU
Old 12-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #10
TomBates

I've heard a few good reports and nothing negative about them so far. Keeping the fingers crossed.

Tom

USN (Ret.)
Old 12-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Bill G
Super Contrubutor

View Bill G's Gallery86
Club: rcg staff
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  Scratchbuilders Award 
Friends: (17)

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
I grabbed 2 of these I don't think they updated the page they are still showing 10 like yesterday when I bought them hope they didn't make mistake and not post that they are on BK.
Reviews have been very good for these, and now they have a case for them. I received about 6 emails telling me about the case one was not enough.
I hope you get them. It's sad that we have to get these from far overseas, but if they were sold here, Futaba would raid their warehouse with the FBI and CIA. Seriously they probably would, right down to FASST not being allowed to be printed on a non-Futaba product, in the US. Someday they may produce and sell enough of these, that they will stay in stock for more than 5 minutes. I would be afraid to order, unless they were showing 500 in stock, with other people having them in their "carts" at the same time, while you're on the site.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:52 PM   #12
bob4432

Originally Posted by Bill G View Post
I hope you get them. It's sad that we have to get these from far overseas, but if they were sold here, Futaba would raid their warehouse with the FBI and CIA. Seriously they probably would, right down to FASST not being allowed to be printed on a non-Futaba product, in the US. Someday they may produce and sell enough of these, that they will stay in stock for more than 5 minutes. I would be afraid to order, unless they were showing 500 in stock, with other people having them in their "carts" at the same time, while you're on the site.
they still show in stock. in the multiple orders i have done w/ hk, anytime something says it is in stock, it ships, if i happen to order something that is backorded, i know i am going to wait, which is fine because i usually keep enough stock for my home stuff that i can wait and the $$ savings is worth the wait. i ordered my orange rx when it was backordered and i think it was a week when this shipment came in, i got the email notification that it shipped and then a day or two later hk listed them as in stock.

i was really hoping these would push the real futaba units down in price, but for some reason they are not budging to a competitive price. until they do i guess i will pick these up.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #13
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

View dbcisco's Gallery9

Futaba nor Spektrum will drop their prices. Too much brand loyalty. The small number of the HK recievers probably does nothing but boost their TX sales. It will be when the TX clones hit the market that they will even begin to worry.

Old 12-19-2010, 09:36 PM   #14
bob4432

Originally Posted by dbcisco View Post
Futaba nor Spektrum will drop their prices. Too much brand loyalty. The small number of the HK recievers probably does nothing but boost their TX sales. It will be when the TX clones hit the market that they will even begin to worry.
you are correct, but if they got the rx reverse engineered, i can only see the txs coming anytime. i look on the back of my 6ex and see "made in china" so all the info is already over there, just a matter of time before somebody gets paid off enough to sell their 'plans' sadly.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:05 PM   #15
dbcisco
Like to build 'em

View dbcisco's Gallery9

Yup, almost everything you buy is "branded" Chinese suff. Tough to find stuff even made in Japan. The Chinese do not recognize the use of copyrights and patents to pursue massive profits the way the USA does. If the patents and copyright laws in the USA were changed to protect inventors and small businesses instead of massive corporations we would all be better off. Just my two cents.

Old 12-31-2010, 10:56 PM   #16
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Well I just got home from hunting and a package is here waiting for me.

Guess what they come with a case.
When I ordered these they didn't show a case. Then after I paid I received a email saying they had cases for 2 bucks plus some change I wasn't going to place a order for them shrink wrap was good enough.
I have to say the pins feel more robust then my Futaba pins in the RX and the antenna's are longer than the Futaba RX.
I will try them out in my super cub, she will be the test plane.
Now that the hunting season is over it will be back to flying, well a little icefishing to.
Hopefully I can get a flight in Sat. and report back.

John
Old 12-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #17
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

John are the antenna's longer or the leads to them are?
Old 01-01-2011, 02:40 AM   #18
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Mike if I am doing this right the antenna is a 1/2 inch longer than the Futaba. I am going by where the antenna attaches to the board to the tip of the wire.
The measurements are as follows L 2 1/8", W 1 1/4" thickness is 9/16". It is bigger than the Futaba case which is L 1 5/8", W 1 1/16" and thickness is 1/2". This orange RX is going to take up a little more real estate in the plane.
I don't have a scale so I can't give a wgt. difference between the 2. The case has the channel numbers 1 through 8 on it plus what side is negative and positive for the pins. Well I hope the weather co-operates and I get to test them out Sat. Time to pull the SC out of retirement and blow off the dust. Here is a couple of pics not good, but it does show the size difference.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12-31-2010_006.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	141205   Click image for larger version

Name:	12-31-2010_002.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	141206  
Old 01-01-2011, 02:49 AM   #19
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 

Actually the antenna is just that last little part that looks stripped.

The wire that attaches to the board is coaxial and is not the antenna. So the little bitty end is what gets the job done.

I bet that section is pretty close to the same length.

By the way many report VERY good results with these. The Spektrum early ones were hit and miss, but it appears the Futaba are working better. Let us know...
Old 01-01-2011, 02:58 AM   #20
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Got ya, The orange RX is still longer by 1/8", so that little bit is the actual working part of the antenna I thought it was the whole length. Learn something new every day.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:23 AM   #21
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 

Yep the little end is all that it is. The whisker gets it away from stuff so you don't have shadowing.
Old 01-01-2011, 03:45 AM   #22
gramps2361
Community Moderator

Thanks for the info Mike you just got me more edumacated.

Well they are bound to my Futaba T7C TX and ready to go with no issues. Boy if they work as good as the reviews say they are at HK I will be buying more of these.
By the way they have them in stock right now.

John
Old 01-01-2011, 05:21 PM   #23
idealhobbies
Super Contributor

Club: C.D.P.A.
Friends: (2)

I've had great luck, so far, with my "Spektrum Compatable" receivers. So far, I am getting better range tests than with my legit ones. I hope that your Faast ones work out for you. Unfortunately, some people are bulk buying them and flipping them at an increased price, sometimes a significant increase. This is making it extremely difficult for those of us whom only want a few of them at a time. Very annoying.

Honestly, I do not feel the slightest bit bad for Horizon or Futaba for thier products being copied. In my opinion, that's what they get for outsourcing thier products to China. At this point, it may hurt them in receiver sales, but I'm sure that transmitter sales will increase. I am eyeballing a JR9503 right now so that I can have up to 50 slots. It's my intention to start cranking out foamies while the weathers bad since the cost of the electronic components have dropped to do'able levels. I NEVER could do that at $50 a pop for Spektrum Rx's, but $7 makes it a very do'able reality. My 2 cents.
Old 01-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #24
gramps2361
Community Moderator

All I can say is I am a happy camper with these. I went with 2 planes to fly both had one Orange RX in them the first up was the super cub I did about 10 min. on each battery off of a pond in town. It was kinda slushy so I went to another area to fly.
I flew the Bridi Aircruiser twice also again no glitches or any problems. I flew as far out with this plane as I dared not the biggest plane, but I know it well. Felt confident enough on the second flight I mounted my Kodak zi6 and did some photos at my H.S. in Charlton.
Well 4 flights on 2 Orange RX's and no problems with either of them I will be buying more of these down the road.
I know this is not the most scientific study, but it does back up what others have been saying about these they work and they are cheaper than the name brand.
My wife, and wallet will be happy.
John
Old 01-01-2011, 11:44 PM   #25
Catalina

Originally Posted by gramps2161 View Post
All I can say is I am a happy camper with these. I went with 2 planes to fly both had one Orange RX in them the first up was the super cub I did about 10 min. on each battery off of a pond in town. It was kinda slushy so I went to another area to fly.
I flew the Bridi Aircruiser twice also again no glitches or any problems. I flew as far out with this plane as I dared not the biggest plane, but I know it well. Felt confident enough on the second flight I mounted my Kodak zi6 and did some photos at my H.S. in Charlton.
Well 4 flights on 2 Orange RX's and no problems with either of them I will be buying more of these down the road.
I know this is not the most scientific study, but it does back up what others have been saying about these they work and they are cheaper than the name brand.
My wife, and wallet will be happy.
John

Gramps, thats good to know. I now have a 6EX transmitter and 7 orange RX's. Did you install the ariels inside the fuse or outside with the orange RX. Does it matter. I have drilled tiny holes in my fuse so the ariels could be taped to the outside. But is this necessary?

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros

Tags
orange futaba fasst