Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 12-28-2010, 08:20 AM   #1
lee84
INCEPTION

Friends: (0)
Default little advice needed please

hello ive just joined here today just to ask a few questions as i dont no anyone who has experience in flying rc heli's, now i started off with a mcx heli which was very easy to fly and was enjoyble to use, then i got a 2nd hand honeybee cp2 which i could not fly! each time i got it off the ground it tilted and smashed into stuff, so i gave up with that, then i got a nine eagles pr02 which was a little harder to fly then the mcx but again didnt take long to master, now ive just got myself a buzzfly 3D! as soon as i got it out the box i was chuffed to bits, so i started my practicing. i made sure it all set up and got it on a laminated surface, without taken it off it seems to work fine, moves in the direction i tell it to, ive also done a few bunny hops they went fine too, so thougt id take it further so got it off the floor about 2ft but each time it wont stable its self it just wants move to the left and backwards, trimming dont seem to sort it either, could this be because of ground effect? should i take it higher off the ground? its just it feels really very hard to fly, does anyone have any tips for me for the buzzfly 3D! i want a Gaui mini zoom next when ive got to grips with this buzzfly 3D
Old 12-28-2010, 09:59 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,140 Times in 2,049 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (309)

here is a RC flight school that may help, and yes , get your heli out of ground affect as soon as possible, at least 2 ft high and Welcome to WATTFLYERS

http://www.dream-models.com/eco/flying-index.html

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

also setting up and balancing your heli is very very important, there is some good videos on Youtube on balancing your heli, properly balanced, helis are much easier to fly.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 12-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #4
lee84
INCEPTION

wicked thank you :-)
Old 12-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #5
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by lee84 View Post
wicked thank you :-)
Your Welcome Take care and have fun, Chellie

Old 12-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #6
SBMcGuire

Club: East Coast Cripplers wheelchair rugby
Friends: (1)

If you feel overwhelmed by it all, you two more good options. Get a Blade MSR. It's stable and durable. Repairs are inexpensive and easy. Or, especially sense you already have a CP, get a flight sim to practice on. Crashes don't cost a dime.

This is all in addition to the good advice above. I've never flown a single rotor Heli ever and I got an MSR and have had a blast. I've crashed it pretty bad at times and still working great.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #7
podessa

Originally Posted by lee84 View Post
hello ive just joined here today just to ask a few questions as i dont no anyone who has experience in flying rc heli's, now i started off with a mcx heli which was very easy to fly and was enjoyble to use, then i got a 2nd hand honeybee cp2 which i could not fly! each time i got it off the ground it tilted and smashed into stuff, so i gave up with that, then i got a nine eagles pr02 which was a little harder to fly then the mcx but again didnt take long to master, now ive just got myself a buzzfly 3D! as soon as i got it out the box i was chuffed to bits, so i started my practicing. i made sure it all set up and got it on a laminated surface, without taken it off it seems to work fine, moves in the direction i tell it to, ive also done a few bunny hops they went fine too, so thougt id take it further so got it off the floor about 2ft but each time it wont stable its self it just wants move to the left and backwards, trimming dont seem to sort it either, could this be because of ground effect? should i take it higher off the ground? its just it feels really very hard to fly, does anyone have any tips for me for the buzzfly 3D! i want a Gaui mini zoom next when ive got to grips with this buzzfly 3D
put the bussfly3D on the ground if you do that it will fly or look at the com
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 AM   #8
lee84
INCEPTION

Originally Posted by SBMcGuire View Post
If you feel overwhelmed by it all, you two more good options. Get a Blade MSR. It's stable and durable. Repairs are inexpensive and easy. Or, especially sense you already have a CP, get a flight sim to practice on. Crashes don't cost a dime.

This is all in addition to the good advice above. I've never flown a single rotor Heli ever and I got an MSR and have had a blast. I've crashed it pretty bad at times and still working great.
my nine eagles pro v2 is very similar to the msr i think, and im sure theirs something wrong with the cp2 as i did buy it 2nd hand, ive set it up countless times, think one of the servos is broke, i would like to get a simulator and im sure i can get one for the buzzfly tx, had noticed on few other post on here about how good the sims are. thank you
Old 12-30-2010, 12:57 AM   #9
lee84
INCEPTION

Originally Posted by podessa View Post
put the bussfly3D on the ground if you do that it will fly or look at the com
i do put it on the ground? and it does fly its just bloody hard to control haha but it does have a balance problem, it too heavy at the front and theirs no-way of moving the batt closer to the boom, so going to try blutac as soon as i get my new blades by the way what do you mean by "look at the com"
Old 12-30-2010, 01:20 AM   #10
tampaflyer
to the skies of tampa

View tampaflyer's Gallery7
Club: trac
Friends: (7)

it hard to be slow , you just want fly.. the better you can hover the better in the long run.

learn as much as possible , nose in, figure 8, tail in circles...etc...

i am no 3d guru but do fly scale heli's which are heavier and DON'T bounce

co -axials are great for nose in.. but cp's(collective pitch) are what we all want.

those heli commands do work($500) but are expensive and are quite fun to set up.

the best advice.. FIND ANOTHER HELI flyer period... find a hobby shop, go to ama online ..tower hobbies even has a web finder sorted by state for clubs that have a website.

good luck

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis