Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

iTrader talk Discuss specifics about transactions both postive and negative. No bashing allowed, please keep the tone civil with facts.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-12-2011, 06:32 PM   #26
BEAR-AvHistory
RDRC

View BEAR-AvHistory's Gallery13
Club: Raleigh Durham Radio Control AMA Club #733
Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by TopSpin View Post
Here is a good experiment you should try. Go to Hobby Kings web site and order a Bixler. ESC, Servos, and a receiver. All of these are advertised at really low prices. Now check out and note the shipping cost.

Now go to Banana Hobby (right here in the US) and look at the Sky Surfer. This is the same airplane and you can get it with a brushless upgrade for $129.00. That price is for a ready to fly airplane including a 4 channel 2.4 GHZ transmitter. USPS shipping is under 30.00 so when you do the numbers you actually come out a dollar or two ahead buying from the US dealer. So yoy can save money, support an American business, and save yourself a potential huge headache by dealing with HK.

Your money, your choice. I prefer to support American businesses.
You might want to do a search on "Banana Hobby" on any RC web site & see what turns up.

Kevin
Old 07-13-2011, 05:50 PM   #27
TopSpin

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory View Post
You might want to do a search on "Banana Hobby" on any RC web site & see what turns up.

Actually I have bought a couple of planes from Banana and they had pretty decent prices. However, I also bought a Sky Surfer for a friend and the fuse was badly bent. After calling them they were nice enough to send a new fuse so the problem got resolved to my satisfaction.

I would not hesitate to buy from Banana Hobby if they have something I want and the price is right.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #28
bbqflyer

Club: Black Sheep RC Club, Danville, IN
Friends: (7)

From the looks of it, Banana Hobby is finally trying to fix their bad reputation and improve their business. You see a lot less complaints about them these days and they are trying to put out some good products.

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:04 PM   #29
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

Originally Posted by bbqflyer View Post
From the looks of it, Banana Hobby is finally trying to fix their bad reputation and improve their business. You see a lot less complaints about them these days and they are trying to put out some good products.
I hope so - I really like that A1A Skyraider. MMMMMMM. Not sure about the cheap components though. Those large foam warbirds are really looking good.

Mike
Old 07-13-2011, 06:15 PM   #30
bbqflyer

Club: Black Sheep RC Club, Danville, IN
Friends: (7)

Yeah, was just looking at the A1A skyraider myself, one of my favorite aircraft.

That's not flying, that's just falling with style.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:28 PM   #31
stevecooper
Super Contributor

View stevecooper's Gallery86
Club: Mullet Mauroders
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (88)

I hope their (B,H,'s) work'in on their reputation too<< They've done some BAD & scumbag type things in the past,,,(Don't get me started)bubsteve

Monkey Minion'air
Old 08-12-2011, 08:04 PM   #32
TopSpin

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by stevecooper View Post
I hope their (B,H,'s) work'in on their reputation too<< They've done some BAD & scumbag type things in the past,,,(Don't get me started)bubsteve
Looks like you aren't the only one who feels that way Steve, these guys are laying it down http://www.rctruth.com/..

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > For Sale & Wanted Forums > iTrader talk