Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-13-2011, 03:07 AM   #1
RabbitTD

Friends: (0)
Default MCX going bad?

I have an mcx that I've been flying for over a year now, probably 500 flights or more easily since I got the 4 port charger and just keep flying with it. Last night it started responding slow to right rudder and then nothing at all and after a little longer it actualy went left while giving it right input and during all this I was loosing throttle power proportionately to the lack of rudder control. I can always get 6 min. or more flight time but this starts about 2 min. into a flight. I know the batteries are OK because I can take them right out of the mcx and fly my msr with it so I know they have power left. I don't know if it's a motor fault or the board fault but the motors do feel pretty warm and after you let it set a while and put in a fresh battery it flies perfect for about 1 or 2 min. and then the same thing happens again. Everything in the head and shafts works a smooth as can be by the way. If it is just motors for 10 appeace I'd gladly just put them in but if that's not it and I need a board too for another 60 I would be just as far ahead to get a BNF MCX2 and have lots of extra parts for it too. The motors are supposedly more powerful in the mcx2 also. What are your thougts on this? I really like this little thing and even with the msr that I'm pretty good with now I still like the mcx to just putt around and hover and land in tight areas. I'm deffinately getting the new mcp x when it gets here but I still like the coaxials too. I've deffinatelly had my money's worth out of this little creature and if it's shot I can't complain. I am definately not putting a 60 dollar board in it though.
Old 02-13-2011, 05:17 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Sounds just like a motor going to me. Well, a motor about gone, now.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:14 AM   #3
RabbitTD

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Yes I kind of feel it's a motor too, they have lots of time on them and are run one battery after another a lot. I think I'll take a chance and pick up 2 new ones for it. I could be wrong but I just don't think a board would act that way. I really like this llittle mcx and it's as stable as can be.
Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 AM   #4
RabbitTD

I stuck 2 new motors in it today but It still has the same problem. I guess it's something in the board itself. I even tried it with the original transmitter and still the same thing. I guess I have a bunch of spare parts now for the MCX2 now. By the way the MCX2 supposedly has more powerful motors but I mic'd the new ones in the MCX2 and the MCX ones and they both are exactly the same size so if there actualy is a difference other than the part number it must be internal. Most of the part numbers on the mcx2 are the same as the mcx only they start with 24 instead of 22 so a lot of it is interchangeable from comparing the 2 in front of me. The MCX2 is a very nice heli and is an improvement over the mcx which was great tobegin with.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good fix. It didn't dawn on me until just now, but would it have been possible to just swap the motors? At least for a test of some sort?
Old 02-17-2011, 01:14 AM   #6
RabbitTD

Sorry to hear it wasn't a good fix. It didn't dawn on me until just now, but would it have been possible to just swap the motors? At least for a test of some sort?
Yes I did actualy give that a thought especialy after I mic'd them and saw they were the dame od. Blade claims the mcx2 ones are more powerful which they do seem to be by a small amount and I didn't want to take a chance on possibly damaging the esc part of the board so I didn't try it and since they were only 10 appeace I just got 2 more. Obviously it is the board so I wouldn't have hurt it anyway. I don't really know for sure if they actualy do have more power than the early version because mine has probably been going down hill gradualy and didn't really sense a problem for a while. In reality they probably are identical and it looks like I now have 4 spare motors for the mcx2 and if anything ever happens to it most likely it will be a board again but for all the fun I'e had with the little thing I can't complain, I just hate to see it die.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:35 AM   #7
SHADY
Got Glue??

Friends: (4)

That's about the only thing that can go wrong..... either motor or 4 in 1.
Sounds like you got a lot more time out of yours than i did mine.
I warranted a new 4 in 1 and it only lasted a month or 3 before the servos started acting up.
My motors are both still running tiptop, but I have limited maneuverability because of the servos. It still flies though...

Confucius say: "Man who go to bed wif itchy butt, may wake up wif smerry finga."

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters