Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Off Topic Chit Chat Get to know other eflight modelers in the WattFlyer community here in this off topic forum. NO politics or religion discussion please (Holiday well wishes are ok)

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-13-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Friends: (13)
Cool Post your ride thread

What is your commuter, what is the little sports car you keep in your garage for those select weekends, what is the worse or the best thing we drive around. No bad photo's are discriminated, if it gets you from point a to point b, it's all good, if it takes you to the quarter mile beating up dragsters, it's also good as well.

I'm also leaving this one open to general car talk, or more so, if someone needs repair advice, we have some people here that can lend a helping hand in the process.

My latest allocation is a 92 Geo Storm GSI. I picked it up a bit over bluebook, which the latter is completely flawed to respect to this car, it's now selling even on CL for more then double it's listings, it only had 45k miles on it, has 48k now, and it's performed like a champ. It has an Izusu motor, dual overhead cam, and is one fast little squirt that hugs the corners like nobodies business. I've chuckled sitting in traffic, letting it loose with some kids in front, with their far more expensive rigs, and asking them to get out of my way while they are all posturing to compete with each other, I did so from behind riding their tail feathers, lol.. They did an excellent job on the weight to power ratio on this little car. I also like the hatch back and fold down back seat set up, it allows you to carry things around you would normally need a pick up for.

I'm fixing up a 91 version, yellow color theme, and it's the non performance model, big, big difference in performance, and not even in the ballpark to compare the two, but it's going to a good home next door, has only 122k miles on it, single overhead cam, it's going to be better at gas mileage then mine, sure, but honestly, I like having the extra power, makes the rig so much more fun to drive around.

Anyway, showing photo's of my rig here to start this one off. Mine originally didn't have the rear trim/between tail light cover, it does now, not shown in photos.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	side1.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	143229

Name:	front1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	143230

Name:	more1.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	143231
Old 02-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #2
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)

Hi
Having trouble uploading photos
Heres my rides
Do enjoy
http://www.rchangout.com/forums/album.php?albumid=34
Take care
Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 02-13-2011, 06:59 AM   #3
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Talking

Originally Posted by Saucerguy2 View Post
What is your commuter, what is the little sports car you keep in your garage for those select weekends, what is the worse or the best thing we drive around. No bad photo's are discriminated, if it gets you from point a to point b, it's all good, if it takes you to the quarter mile beating up dragsters, it's also good as well.

I'm also leaving this one open to general car talk, or more so, if someone needs repair advice, we have some people here that can lend a helping hand in the process.

My latest allocation is a 92 Geo Storm GSI. I picked it up a bit over bluebook, which the latter is completely flawed to respect to this car, it's now selling even on CL for more then double it's listings, it only had 45k miles on it, has 48k now, and it's performed like a champ. It has an Izusu motor, dual overhead cam, and is one fast little squirt that hugs the corners like nobodies business. I've chuckled sitting in traffic, letting it loose with some kids in front, with their far more expensive rigs, and asking them to get out of my way while they are all posturing to compete with each other, I did so from behind riding their tail feathers, lol.. They did an excellent job on the weight to power ratio on this little car. I also like the hatch back and fold down back seat set up, it allows you to carry things around you would normally need a pick up for.

I'm fixing up a 91 version, yellow color theme, and it's the non performance model, big, big difference in performance, and not even in the ballpark to compare the two, but it's going to a good home next door, has only 122k miles on it, single overhead cam, it's going to be better at gas mileage then mine, sure, but honestly, I like having the extra power, makes the rig so much more fun to drive around.

Anyway, showing photo's of my rig here to start this one off. Mine originally didn't have the rear trim/between tail light cover, it does now, not shown in photos.
Hi
Congratulations Nice car
May she bring you much satisfaction and enjoyment in the years to come
Take care
Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 AM   #4
foamjetpilot
Number 3 wire

Club: Club of one for now.
Friends: (4)

Had to submit this...dream car from Transformer 3 in Chicago last summer

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TF3 8.27.2010 158.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	143235

"It takes a big man to cry after crashing his plane and it takes a bigger man to laugh at the man crying". Can I get you a garbage bag?
Old 02-13-2011, 07:11 AM   #5
foamjetpilot
Number 3 wire

"My other car is out of this world"

"It takes a big man to cry after crashing his plane and it takes a bigger man to laugh at the man crying". Can I get you a garbage bag?
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha View Post
Hi
Congratulations Nice car
May she bring you much satisfaction and enjoyment in the years to come
Take care
Hank
I like your bike, and put the truck as my second like on this aspect, my little bro loved the merkures as well, but never gone one, but it's one that has high reviews.

Before I got my latest rig, I was driving around something closer to your truck, and hated what I was paying at the pump. I was thinking, I'm on a budget, so am going to end up with some beater 4 cylinder car, but I wanted to dream a bit, and hope I could get something nice that I could fix at best. I wanted fast, sporty, modern nice looking, something that could also haul gear, I'm a wood worker, so long lengths of stuff are a norm, and was looking into for dreams sakes, cars that could do each, but none that could do them all. This guy shows up with this one, I took it for a test drive and it was sold after the first 30 feet, lol.

Little did I know afterwards, it did the rest I was hoping for a well, and within the budget I was on at present, I consider it a gift from God at this point, I was hoping and dreaming for something, but my reality was facing having to settle, merely to get out of paying so much for gas.

Next little move tomorrow, is ripping out the stereo and speakers from that other car, the kid was from Japan, so it's just gotta be good, lol, and replacing the stock gear from mine, into it. Then onto cleaning and fixing that other rig for it's new owner. I already switched around the rear interior panel from it to mine, and I can see, it's a godsend to have this other car to pull from, upgrading mine, while getting it ready for that other person in the process.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:13 AM   #7
foamjetpilot
Number 3 wire

here it is.

Old 02-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #8
foamjetpilot
Number 3 wire

attachments not uploading?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #9
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by foamjetpilot View Post
"My other car is out of this world"
So, which type of anti grav systems does it employ, lol. What are you driving now regardless, this thread is open to even the total mundane, well, outside of a set of walking shoes.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:19 AM   #10
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by foamjetpilot View Post
attachments not uploading?
It's not instant, we have server lag at times, make sure it's all uploaded and you get a micro preview of the image before closing the window.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #11
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Unhappy

It's not instant, we have server lag at times, make sure it's all uploaded and you get a micro preview of the image before closing the window.
Hi
Ive been getting the missing security token message when the files fail to upload
Take care
Hank

Old 02-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #12
Saucerguy2
Super Contributor

Are the file sizes within reasonable size? There is an option to merely upload it somewhere else, and click the picture icon to point to the url it's drawing from, if it's a server side issue.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:44 AM   #13
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Are the file sizes within reasonable size? There is an option to merely upload it somewhere else, and click the picture icon to point to the url it's drawing from, if it's a server side issue.
Hi
Yes they are and whats funny is ive uploaded photos here before and when i try to upload the exact ones that where fine and went in before wont upload now
Very strange unless they changed something with the upload process
Take care
Hank

Old 02-13-2011, 03:01 PM   #14
lucas2696
NO MORE GLUE??!!!

Club: The TULSA UNclub
Friends: (5)

'03 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	10326_103024959715036_100000225980384_84985_402630_n.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	143264

Name:	17565_106241819393350_100000225980384_166028_7398372_n.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	143265

Name:	23471_1296037849420_1484566026_30860497_5935779_n.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	143266
Old 02-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #15
SHADY
Got Glue??

Wifes...
Mine...
My daily driver...
My garbage hauler...

Confucius say: "Man who go to bed wif itchy butt, may wake up wif smerry finga."
Old 02-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
firemanbill
Community Moderator

View firemanbill's Gallery67
Club: Newport News Park R/C Club
Awards Showcase

125mph Speed Demon  100mph Speed Demon  2kW  4kW 
Friends: (63)

well let's see...

2009 VW Jetta TDI, wife's grocery getter and all around Honda beater!
2004 F-250 Lariat crew cab Powerstroke Diesel, 5th wheel puller and plane hauler.
71 VW Karmann Ghia, current dust collector awaiting full restoration

then for the kids,
2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1991 Dodge Dakota extended cab p/u.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jetta.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	143321

Name:	IMG_0126.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	143322

Name:	Jul04^93.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	143323

2012 SEFF Night Bowling Champion!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:22 PM   #17
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

Couldn't find a picture of my car, but here's a picture of an identical one. As a Swede, I pretty much HAVE to drive a Volvo and the S40 T5R is the most fun to drive of the Volvos.

AMA #959089
Old 02-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #18
Henry Sistrunk

View Henry Sistrunk's Gallery69
Awards Showcase

1kW  2kW 

Here is the way I get around
Henry

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	100_0260.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	143335
Old 02-14-2011, 09:02 PM   #19
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Talking

Hi
Uploading photos is working for me now
Do enjoy
Take care
Hank

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Off Topic Chit Chat