Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-23-2011, 02:43 PM   #1
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Friends: (5)
Default Gravity Hobby 2.4 GHZ RTF DX-220 Glider RTF Now $69 Shipped

This one is complete with transmitter, battery, charger all for $69, it was at an astonishing $39, but with free shipping at $69 still not bad as from overseas.

Received mine just the other day, just two flights and its fun. Note only 2 Channel without elevator, but throttle controls altitudes. Bonus it will handle the micro flyers E-Flite dentine sized batteries quite well and use them. I did have to fold a small index card into the small canopy that receives the battery to line things up to plug into, without this the tiny cavity will give you fits, so this small adjustment makes things easier. Canopy snaps closed and your ready to fly. The included transmitter takes 6 AA batteries.

I like the looks of this one, its quite small so hope to pull off inside gym flghts as have access new location.

On flight it only needs half throttle or less to tour the sky outside, calm days flys much better. Keep power on for the rudder only control as important, makes tight turns with throttle on. Piece of cake to fly, fully controlable with throttle management and rudder, has only 300 foot range but this small guy you want reasonable close. So far like this one, nice bargain price even at $69 shipped.

http://www.gravityhobby.com/DX-220.html

Very brief close up of this cutie..

Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #2
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Thumbs up

Hi Phil
Outstanding
She's a sharp looking one thats for sure
I want one too
May she bring you much enjoyment in the years to come
Take care
Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 02-23-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply.
Yes it looks great, for a low cost entry loads of fun.

I did at last manage an indoor flight at the gym. As expected more turning involved than example flying an Ember and a faster model here. But is manageable, fortuantely had some outdoor flights as only a 2 channel system with no elevator, but throttle control gives the altitude and decent with proper management. I did make an error and tried to turn cutting throttle as it neared a wall, too late a response and hit, but is a light ship and no damages. Next attempt kept the throttle a touch more tho still near half throttle, enough for it to climb, then instead of throttle control, simply made turning inturn kept it from rising and a very controled flight circling dozen times or more with ease, but was taking the entire court. Landed it towards me with controled throttle landed level, don't expect to cut throttle and have it sail in as will drop on the nose ! Just puff when needed and its gentle as a lamb. Again Loads of fun ahead...
Old 02-23-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Talking

Originally Posted by phillipmorris View Post
Thanks for your reply.
Yes it looks great, for a low cost entry loads of fun.

I did at last manage an indoor flight at the gym. As expected more turning involved than example flying an Ember and a faster model here. But is manageable, fortuantely had some outdoor flights as only a 2 channel system with no elevator, but throttle control gives the altitude and decent with proper management. I did make an error and tried to turn cutting throttle as it neared a wall, too late a response and hit, but is a light ship and no damages. Next attempt kept the throttle a touch more tho still near half throttle, enough for it to climb, then instead of throttle control, simply made turning inturn kept it from rising and a very controled flight circling dozen times or more with ease, but was taking the entire court. Landed it towards me with controled throttle landed level, don't expect to cut throttle and have it sail in as will drop on the nose ! Just puff when needed and its gentle as a lamb. Again Loads of fun ahead...
Hi Phil
Sounds like a very nice little plane
I love 2 channel, Throttle and rudder aircraft, its how i got into this hobby over 30 years ago in the first place and still have many in my hanger
So glad to hear your enjoying her
Take care
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 02-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Thanks
Amazing how easy 2 channel is to fly, simple throttle and up she goes, less and it decends, leaving concentration on rudder. The gym is abit narrow for this one but can be done, I was covering the outer perimeter rather quickly all super fun. Suprised they can put one out all complete at $39. Nice lines on this one, a very flun flyer.

Some have flown it in winds, personally flys best near calm conditions or inside if you have some room.
Old 02-25-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Will post Gym video, my dang uploading is so slow...
Old 02-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Here's the Gym flight, yes some speed, not as difficult as video shown, just need more practice with 2 channel throttle controls, tiny target challenged Bob my cameraman, wow this ones fun to fly !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8y8e8MbX2U

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes