Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > AMA and Informal Clubs > AMA Clubs > AMA District V Clubs > Florida
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 02-26-2011, 11:50 AM   #1
RWF

View RWF's Gallery2
Friends: (1)
Default Deleted

Old 05-15-2011, 12:47 AM   #2
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

View guapoman2000's Gallery56
Friends: (11)

Robert,

Thanks so much for allowing me to visit you this morning at this fantastic RC Club location!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/clubdetails.aspx?club=5040

I was able to fly my large 63 inch SIG Seņorita high wing Trainer ARF, my Park Zone T-28D "Airforce" Trojan and my smaller Great Planes Electrifly Fokker DVII. All three models flew great there and even the wind did not bother them because of the tree line bordering the location field that we were flying this morning.

I was impressed of the size of this field the City of Oviedo has allowed you all to fly from and we can fly no matter which direction the wind is coming and the Sun direction as we can move whenever needed.

Wished I brought the camera and next time I will.

It is a hoop and a skip from my house and coming Sunday morning to meet you and hand you my Check to join as a member!

I really like it because of the close knit type of club and best that there is:

No internal combustion engines ALL ELECTRIC!
Carlos

Old 05-15-2011, 04:25 PM   #3
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Default Official Club member at Oviedo Model Airplane Club!

Well, guys,

It is official! I have joined up with the Oviedo Model Airplane Club!

Met up with Robert F., early this morning and gave my club dues for the year and I filled up the Official Club Roster.

This will save me considerable Gasoline and Mileage during the weekend when I would like to fly but, avoid the long 22.3 miles each way to Moon Port Modelers RC Club in Titusville, Florida.

Shane Kelly Park from my house is exactly 11 miles and this cuts 11.3 miles from going to Titusvlle, Florida so, that represents about 22.6 miles round trip savings.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Funny thing happened to me as I was pulling into a RACE TRAC Gasoline Station at the Corner of Pilgrim Road and East Colonial (To the South is Avalon Blvd.). I saw clearly that the Regular Unleaded sign said $3.82 9/10 per Gallon and was paying cash so, went inside to pre-pay and as soon as I got back to the Pump, the digital LED screen indicated that it was being Updated and Re-starting? Then, the Price indicated $3.85 9/10 per Gallon!!

There was a lady going Pump to Pump checking to see if the Re-Start was correctly being processed by the computer and she told me that I had to wait a few minutes because I would not be able to pump until the Re-Start has finished on the screen. I then, asked her if I can get my money back as I wanted to leave and she said yes. I got my money back and left to a BP Gas Station along Alafaya Trail and a little North of University Blvd and found Gasoline at $3.79 9/10 so, I went ahead and Filled UP!

Gasoline is rising without any justification!!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:13 PM   #4
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Default Thursday Afternoon 05-19-2011 Flying and Pictures!

Guys,

I finally remembered to take my Digital Camera (Point and Shoot) to the Oviedo Model Airplane Club Corp (OMACC) on Thursday, May 19th, 2011.

I took some pictures of just a "small" section of the Club as I did not want to stage myself in the hot sun and instead took cover in the shade and no one else was there.

Here are a few pictures starting with the Gate Entrance looking towards Lockwood (East).

Now looking towards the West:

Looking towards the South:

Looking to the North:

Looking towards the North-North West:
Old 05-21-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

What a wonderful Saturday morning!

Not one lick of wind and had shade all morning long where we park.

Robert was there and someone new came to check out the place as well.

Remember, if you plan on coming by you need to call Robert so, he can meet you at the gate. The gate has to be closed and locked per Park Rules.

Carlos
Old 05-22-2011, 03:25 AM   #6
tampaflyer
to the skies of tampa

View tampaflyer's Gallery7
Club: trac
Friends: (7)

score.. great job finding a feild...

Old 08-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #7
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Default Must have been the 13th of August!

Guys!

My large SIG Kadet LT-40 Flew today at this Club and it flew today at around 8:15am for two wonderful flights using the larger 8-Cells Esprit Model (EM Sport) 2600mAH, 25C discharge, Li-POLYs (4 X 4 packs) and with a two pack series connector.

Those at my Orlando, Florida club known as the Ovideo Model Airplane Club Corp., in Oviedo, Florida.

The compact recycled concrete runway was perfect even though the model ran out of runway run as it is about 5 feet too short for this heavy Electric model. The runway was really made for the smaller park flyer models.

Anyway, this Club has a man made pond around this oval track that was used for horse buggy races a long time ago.

To give you an idea how careful you have to be at this Club ....

Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM   #8
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

this past Saturday I took some pictures of my buddy's new Hobby Zone Super Cub LP (Li-POLY + Spektrum RX combo package) and we both noticed that the model was exhibiting unsolicited UP elevator inputs when passing more of less at the same spot!

My buddy Gerry (simano) has flown this model before but, not at this RC Club in Central Florida and we were curious as to see if anyone has experienced something similar???

Thanks in advance and here are a few pictures from Saturday's morning action!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:05 PM   #9
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Exclamation

It has been brought to my attention that new officers have been placed in charged of OMACC and the Club will continue its operations for the better of this hobby.

The Club is not dissolved as previously reported by the outgoing president as other members has stepped in.

Let's now continue to enjoy the hobby and lets put the past issues behind!!!!! Please!!!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:25 AM   #10
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Exclamation Have Fun Flying @ OMACC!

After careful consideration of all that has happen and I am not just talking about the changing of the RC Club officers but, the actual "drama" that I have witnessed, I have decided not to continue and fly at this RC Club.

I am sorry that I feel this way and it is not representative of the new incoming officers or anything but, I am very GUN shy to fly at this RC Club after what I have witnessed in the recent past.

I look for a peaceful and fun place to fly and seems like at least one person is gone who had the drama but, there is still that other person still coming there and I take my sanity and most importantly my safety very seriously.

For those that will continue to fly there, I bid you all the best.
Old 12-03-2011, 05:38 AM   #11
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

I have to admit guapo after reading this thread I am insanly curiouse to know what had happened? You mention safety and sanity. I dont mean to pry but it seems like such a nice field and am surprised that the club officers after less than a year have already decided to step down.

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 12-03-2011, 02:58 PM   #12
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
I have to admit guapo after reading this thread I am insanly curiouse to know what had happened? You mention safety and sanity. I dont mean to pry but it seems like such a nice field and am surprised that the club officers after less than a year have already decided to step down.
The stepping down was really several factors. One former Vice President challenged the President in heated verbal altercations and I witnessed this person come up to the President face and I had to scream to keep these two apart. The City is involved and the former VP has some kind of relation with the rep at the City since it is City property. Existing President could not revoke RC Flying on this troublesome person and City Rep allows this person to fly on the property so, President resigned along with the another Officer.

It is very Sad to see all this unravel and due to unfortunate events but, I was there to witness with my own eyes what was at hand and the person who challenged the President (a mild mannered person) is still coming to this Club.

I don't have any issues with either of them and just decided to make sure I don't have any issues so, I will no longer be coming to this club.

I wish and hope that those members that have stepped up to the plate as new officers can make a difference and allow this club to develop into something good for the hobby.

A buddy and I just can no longer trust our safety at this club. Again, I look for a peaceful and Fun gathering of people and not have to deal with overly aggressive "Older" Adults that act as school kids.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #13
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Wow seems like two very pasionate folks trying to hard to make a point. Sometimes its just not worth the battle. Cant agree with you more. I am not a meber of a club yet and am not sure I am going to join one soon just because of location and the fact that the two clubs here are full. It does seem tragic that such a new club having such a hard time getting off the ground (no pun intended). Well good luck friend and am sorry this venture did not work out but I continue to look forward to your posts and reviews

Happy flying may your crashes be limited and if they are not limited let them be cool.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #14
ks4sa

Friends: (0)

Truth about the OMACC field in Oviedo, there is no relations between the city rep and the "troublesome person", the city rep will not allow the troublesome person to be bullied by any Presidential dictator, the so called ("mild mannered person") with a very vulgar and oppressive verbal tone. The club now has old members that have returned and 5 new members since the (mild mannered person) resigned.
Lot of happy people now!
Old 12-11-2011, 01:48 AM   #15
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well I hope the club has a lot of memebers and not carry any hard feelings. Hope all goes well

Old 12-11-2011, 02:01 AM   #16
ks4sa

Default Oviedo new club

Thanks Fishbone,
Things are looking up for our field...no pun intended
Old 12-11-2011, 02:09 AM   #17
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Your welcome, and who knows maybe guapo will come back I think he would like to because of the area

Old 12-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #18
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Your welcome, and who knows maybe guapo will come back I think he would like to because of the area
Sorry but, NO WAY!

My buddy and I will not venture in this RC CLUB ever again such as long as the "Trouble Maker" who still "is" a member continues to have access to this RC Club field.

There "is" perhaps an unfairly side of communication between what was communicated to the CITY Rep about what occurred by the "Trouble Maker" that continues to be a member at OMACC. I am sure they are no relations between the "Trouble Maker" and the CITY REP but, I believe there seems to be an unfair communication with the CITY REP that I had thought would be done via the RC CLUB PRESIDENT and no one else.

The statement about "A lot of people are Happy now" is a bunch of BULL CRAP as I have seen just too much Drama to allow this to occur. Now that the founder and former RC CLUB president has left perhaps for a while we will see some peace and tranquility but, I am still with the belief that it will just take some more time until the "TROUBLE MAKER" will LATCH ON to someone else to give em a hard time and even go ABOVE the RC CLUB President's head and go directly to the CITY for his good deeds.

There is no side-tracking here because I have witnessed "TROUBLE MAKER" lash out to former RC CLUB president and still to this day he continues to make statements to Justify!!! There "IS" no reason to come up to someone's face and challenge bodily harm!!!!

No, my buddy and I like to seek a place that is not full of RC Club politics and DRAMA with someone that has TRIGGER HAPPY TEMPER!!!

I too wish the best to this RC Club for those that want to risk their personal safety!!!

Ta Ta!
Carlos
Old 12-11-2011, 03:15 PM   #19
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Since I am officially no longer a member I still have a balance due for un-used RC Club dues and told Vice President to keep em to support what is left to this RC CLUB.

NO MORE DRAMA!

So long!
Carlos
Old 12-11-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

I dont blame you one bit Guapo. This is suposed to be a fun hobby a way to free one self of all the troubles one has. I know it is for me when I am flying a plane I have no worries nor concerns just focused on one thing keeping that crazy thing in the air and having fun. You would think with all the crashing etc I would hate this hobby but most of the time I end up laughing at how silly of a mistake that was and in this day age we need a good laughing at ourselves. We have enough drama in our own lives to let it bleed into our hobbies or free time. We all need some time to be free of all out troubles even if just for a minute.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:17 PM   #21
ks4sa

The only trouble makers are posters who continue trying to cause problems with their rantings, It is truly sad. Even the nice group at another airport flying field has had to tolerate these rantings, as has many other fine flying fields, I have found that when a single person has issues with many different people it usually means that the individual is the problem.
Good luck in finding a perfect world.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:31 PM   #22
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Well I dont think he is trying to cause trouble in anyway. Just voicing out some frustration he had. Reading the thread he was exremely excited for the club. I dont think he harbors anyything bad he wants the club to succeed I think he just feels better off somewhere else. Again good luck with the new club may it go on for a long time.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:34 PM   #23
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

I dont blame you one bit Guapo. This is suposed to be a fun hobby a way to free one self of all the troubles one has. I know it is for me when I am flying a plane I have no worries nor concerns just focused on one thing keeping that crazy thing in the air and having fun. You would think with all the crashing etc I would hate this hobby but most of the time I end up laughing at how silly of a mistake that was and in this day age we need a good laughing at ourselves. We have enough drama in our own lives to let it bleed into our hobbies or free time. We all need some time to be free of all out troubles even if just for a minute.
Thanks Fishbonez,

This is exactly the atmosphere my buddy and I like to fly our models with. Life is too short to see anything but friendly atmosphere at the places we fly at as you have wrote it very well that we all need to escape the sad affairs of real life.

Again, I am just amazed at how this person keeps posting without citing any responsibility over his actions of going up to the former RC Club president face and seek a physical altercation.

I am sorry some might feel that I am sending negative vibes but, the truth and what I witnessed is all I am sending for those to consider either way.

I do not think anyone at the OMACC will be able to Ban this Trouble-some member from the club if he does get out of line. The "Trouble-some" member has the CITY Representative in his coat pocket and I do not think anyone will be able to rid of this person in case he latches on to someone else and deliver his Trigger Happy BAD Temper sermon.

Again, I hope all the rest of the OMACC membership the best and pray and hope all Drama has ended but, I am not too sure.

Carlos
Old 12-11-2011, 06:06 PM   #24
Overshoot

I am sorry to hear about the drama. I am a member but I have rarely flown at the club site. I view my dues as a way to support flying in the Oviedo area and having a flying site a couple miles from my home doesn't hurt.

Paul
Old 12-11-2011, 06:28 PM   #25
guapoman2000
Space Ship 1

Replied to your PM.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > AMA and Informal Clubs > AMA Clubs > AMA District V Clubs > Florida