Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-08-2011, 09:50 PM   #1
tehlump

Friends: (2)
Default DX6i throttle 'calibration' or scaling?

I have a Spektrum Dx6i that I use to fly all of my planes. I've noticed that on my PZ warbirds there is a scaling problem with the throttle. It seems that full throttle is activated somewhere around 3/4 stick travel. Is it possible to 'calibrate' the throttle to be a better representation of actual stick travel? I'd like to be able to more finely control the throttle, right now I'll think that I'm somewhere around 3/4 when in fact I've got it firewalled!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:36 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

I think that's something that can be set up in the esc, rather than the radio. Let me dig up my papers on my PZ corsair and see. Maybe someone will beat me to this in the meanwhile. BRB.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Found it! Do you still have the E-Flite 30 amp pro switch mode BEC brushless ESC instructions? Hopefully you do, so I won't get into the gory details now, but in the programming section, programming menu 4 is for throttle input range. Maybe that will help. Now I'll have to pay closer attention to mine, as I use the Dx6i, too! Let us know if it helps.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:52 PM   #4
tehlump

Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by xmech2k View Post
Found it! Do you still have the E-Flite 30 amp pro switch mode BEC brushless ESC instructions? Hopefully you do, so I won't get into the gory details now, but in the programming section, programming menu 4 is for throttle input range. Maybe that will help. Now I'll have to pay closer attention to mine, as I use the Dx6i, too! Let us know if it helps.
man, thank you so much. I actually read the instructions for the plane and remember seeing the ESC instructions but I didn't actually read them. I'll dig back through my stuff and locate them. Thanks! I think this will improve my flying greatly!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros