Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 03-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #1
cpmalish

Club: C.A.R.D.S. Lansing MI
Friends: (5)
Default will spektrum servos work with futaba fasst system?

I just bought a hanger9 ultra stick .60 that I'm converting to electric my ? is it came with spektrum servos in the wing and it's set-up with flaps I'm pretty sure I've gotta get one servo rev switch for flaps but the alierons seam to work a little at differnt rates when I activate left to right and oppiset or is that how digital servo's work? any ansewrs are greatly appreciated thank you ,chris
Old 03-08-2011, 11:08 PM   #2
Grasshopper
Some Assembly Required

View Grasshopper's Gallery48
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  WAA-08 Pilot  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (52)

Got your message about this Chris. I'm not familiar with that system but hopefully someone will have an answer for you. Sorry I couldn't help.

Tom
Old 03-09-2011, 12:13 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by cpmalish View Post
I just bought a hanger9 ultra stick .60 that I'm converting to electric my ? is it came with spektrum servos in the wing and it's set-up with flaps I'm pretty sure I've gotta get one servo rev switch for flaps but the alierons seam to work a little at differnt rates when I activate left to right and oppiset or is that how digital servo's work? any ansewrs are greatly appreciated thank you ,chris
Question:
What brand of radio are you using? If memory is correct, Spektrum has a dim view of those servo reversing cables. One of my club members nearly lost a 1/4 scale 80 cc gas engine model when one of those servo reversers gave him full down on one of his flaps without a flap command. He contacted Spektrum, who responded to use a standard and an Aux channel on the receiver, and program the transmitter to operate the flap servo by a mix command.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
cpmalish

yeah I'm using a futaba fasst radio and 7channel rx so on the 6 ex radio I don't think it has a mix ablity but thank you for your response
Old 03-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
Rodneh

Club: Moonport Modelers
Friends: (0)

All servos are quite similar in input requirements and all I have seen have been completely interchangeable between systems. One possible exception is some of the very early (20 years or so ago) that require a slightly higher input voltage than some of the 2.4GHz systems output. In most of the modern receivers, the magnitude of the pulse to the servo is only a bit over 2 volts, some of the old DAD servos required a bit more amplitude than that.
Old 03-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
cpmalish

thanks everyone got the problem taking care of.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros