Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #1
kaelmythe

Friends: (0)
Default Blade mSR jumpy tail?

After playing with a few coaxials a number of years ago, I stumbled across the Blade mSR and - after some research - decided to get back into this whole flying (read: crashing) thing...picked up an mSR off of Amazon due to lack of LHS's where I'm currently at and so far it's been pretty amazing (went through an entire battery without a crash...which is my greatest accomplishment in RC flight heh) - but I've noticed a few things...

First, people here have mentioned they can, with proper trimming, get their mSR to basically hover hands off - mine seems to go through like a vertical loop when I take my hands off...it travels back and up, and then forward and down...but this isn't really that discouraging as I'm sure it has something to do with my trimming and really doesn't effect flight...what does is the tail. I've noticed that when I try to hover it completely still, the tail will jump a few degrees to the left every few seconds. It's not so much that I can't correct it, but mid-flight when my poor brain is trying to do so many other things, it's thrown me off before. I'm not sure if this is normal, or if there's possibly something I should be checking out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

-Kael

-Kael
Old 10-20-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
NickMcEnjoy

Friends: (1)
Default mSR fast wagging tail!

Kael,
My mSR exhibits a similar symptom.
The tail motor does not run smoothly. It sounds like the tail motor constantly and quickly switch between low and high speeds. The tail motor sounds "z...z..." but not a constant long "z." No matter how I trimmed the rudder, the nose will slowly yaws left or right, but never really stay in one place.

Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks!
Old 10-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)

Hi
Are you holding the heli when you plug in the battery?
These need to be as steady as possible when powering up for the gyro to initianalize properly
I place mine on a solid surface plug in the battery pack and only after the blue light is steady do i move it
Do enjoy
Take care
Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 10-20-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
NickMcEnjoy

Hello Hank,
I placed the heli on the floor, connected the battery, let it initiate, then slid the battery in its slot. I tried laying the bird on its side (recommended by HorizonRC video) and put it up on its skids. Did not make any difference.
The heli is very stable, but the tail "vibration" make the heli slowly rotate.
Best,
Nick
Old 10-22-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
NickMcEnjoy

I did a search last night. It turned out many mSR owners have had the same complaint. Hope Horizon would fix this, or I need to look the other way.

I wonder if the Novuses are any good. Helimax also market a sub-micro Novus CP too.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #6
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by NickMcEnjoy View Post
I did a search last night. It turned out many mSR owners have had the same complaint. Hope Horizon would fix this, or I need to look the other way.

I wonder if the Novuses are any good. Helimax also market a sub-micro Novus CP too.
Hi Nick
Lots of issues with the Novus line and they are rebranded Walkeras in the first place, did you know that?
Take care
Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 10-22-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
NickMcEnjoy

Hank,
I did not know that! I thought Heli-max and Walkera were two different brands/manufacturers???
Were you talking about these:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWPW8&P=0
Thanks, Hank.
Old 10-22-2010, 02:37 AM   #8
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Exclamation

Originally Posted by NickMcEnjoy View Post
Hank,
I did not know that! I thought Heli-max and Walkera were two different brands/manufacturers???
Were you talking about these:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXWPW8&P=0
Thanks, Hank.
Hi Nick
Yes indeed they are one in the same
http://www.helimax-rc.com/helis/novus/index.html
Theres many threads on them, heres 2
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1016173
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1011187
Take care
Hank

Old 10-22-2010, 04:50 AM   #9
NickMcEnjoy

Thanks, Hank.
I should stay with the Blades for a while
Old 12-22-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
SBMcGuire

Club: East Coast Cripplers wheelchair rugby

Mine does it too. I'm thinking its a price we pay for the lite weight. I don't think it makes many more differnece than trying to hover near a air vent or fan. Just par for the course. But i'm no expert. I'd be happy if someone found a solution.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:51 PM   #11
JatoTheRipper

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by kenchiroalpha View Post
Hi
Are you holding the heli when you plug in the battery?
These need to be as steady as possible when powering up for the gyro to initianalize properly
I place mine on a solid surface plug in the battery pack and only after the blue light is steady do i move it
Do enjoy
Take care
Hank
I'm not sure if I was aware of that. Thanks for the tip!
Old 03-16-2011, 11:29 PM   #12
Thewyzardofdogz

I've had mine for a week and it does the same thing. It sounds kind of like a mosquito buzzing around. There does not seem to be a sweet spot in the rudder trim where the chopper will stay pointing in one exact direction - it always wants to rotate. I trimmed and straightened a brand new set of main and tail blades with the same result. I am wondering if a better transmitter might be able to adjust the rudder trim properly or if it might be a problem with the board. I am going to contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say about it. If it's normal behavior then fine, but if not I want it fixed. I have not seen any threads on this exact phenomena except for this one but I've tried to start a couple with no replies.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:35 PM   #13
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by Thewyzardofdogz View Post
I've had mine for a week and it does the same thing. It sounds kind of like a mosquito buzzing around. There does not seem to be a sweet spot in the rudder trim where the chopper will stay pointing in one exact direction - it always wants to rotate. I trimmed and straightened a brand new set of main and tail blades with the same result. I am wondering if a better transmitter might be able to adjust the rudder trim properly or if it might be a problem with the board. I am going to contact the manufacturer and see what they have to say about it. If it's normal behavior then fine, but if not I want it fixed. I have not seen any threads on this exact phenomena except for this one but I've tried to start a couple with no replies.

Hi
I replied to this one
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60831
Take care
Yours Hank

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters