Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Friends: (2)
Question Using the Celectra Variable Rate Charger

Alright, my 120 SR came with the eflite Celectra variable rate charger. In the heli manual it told me that I should charge the lipo's for my 120 on the 0.7 amps setting but that I should not use this charger to charge any other types of batteries except for batteries to use on this heli.

Why is this and if that is the case why are there six other settings on the thing?

My question is can I use this charger to charge my 1cell batteries for my mCX2 heli? I am not fond of that battery operated charger that came with the mCX2 and would like to be able to charge the batteries from an outlet when I am home so if I can use this variable rate charger to do so then I will but I also don't want to puff up and explode a battery in my living room either.

The mCX2 batteries I use are: 1 cell 3.7 150mAh (.5Wh) 12c and 3.7 120mAh (.5Wh) 14c

If I can, what setting do I put the charger on? 0.3amps?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #2
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Friends: (2)

anyone???

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers