Sorry to re register, but I somehow got instabanned as a spammer with that one post with no warning. I'm sure it's a simple mistake, but I was hoping to get an answer so I know what was the source of the problem so that I can get this fixed when I go to the hobby shop tomorrow. I've sent a message already asking what I did wrong to get permabanned, but I don't know how long that will take.
UPDATE: Mods were quick to fix the situation. As I thought, all just a misunderstanding.
Basically, I plugged my battery in after a shop re did the plug the battery connects to (it's a different plug than stock), and the motor fired up all of a sudden. I had been messing with the settings on my transmitter, so I thought I screwed up the trim or something. But then it stopped, and the battery I was still holding onto got hot. In my attempt to disconnect it, I ended up pulling the wires out which had melted all of the insulation. There was also a small hole burned into the left side of the fuselage.
My thoughts are either the shop put the connector back in the wrong way when they re did it, causing a reverse polarity connection when I plugged it in, or the wiring inside the fuselage was bad and a short circuit occured.
I appreciate any help! Thanks!