Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-12-2011, 03:10 AM   #1
KenSue

Friends: (0)
Default Need Help with RC Powers Extra 300

I just cut out an RC Powers Extra 300 using Lowes 1/2" blue core foam. I need help with deciding on the right motor, ESC, Battery and Prop. My biggest question is I want to use 03 servos (because I have 3 9gram servos lying around), so how do you do ailerons with only one servo on this plane, considering you can't put one on the center line due to the profile?
Old 04-12-2011, 05:38 AM   #2
AirmanAirhead
Did that tree move??

Friends: (3)

Actually you can put one on the center line, you just cut a nice neat little hole for it dead center just large enough for the servo to clear with it mounted on the top "plate" of the fuselage. The run your push rods off of that to each aileron. I added a simple word doc with a very simple drawing on what I mean. I'm sorry I don't have a handy picture of one of my planes to show you. Hope this helps. The red block is where you would cut the hole for the one servo. The servo then would be sitting on top of the wing in the center.

Attached Files
File Type: doc sideview.doc (23.5 KB, 112 views)

A pre-flight check is better than a post crash analysis
Videos
http://www.youtube.com/user/CaptGroovy#p/u
My Blog: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=239855

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies