Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-13-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Friends: (2)
Unhappy 120 SR has lost forward flight capabilities

Alright I need help, last night was the first time I flew the 120 in the gym and things got "a little crazy" and I had a couple crashes as I expected I would. Anyways I noticed that while hovering the heli around that it kept drifting backwards so I landed it and was moving the right sticks around and now when I try to push it forwards the helicopter does not respond. I have left, right, and backwards responce to the transmitter stick but nothing when I push it forward. Every now and then I'll get an intermittence responce to it but for the most part nothing now. I'm pretty much clueless as to what to begin checking on the helicopter which is why I'm asking ya'll for help

I tried unplugging the battery and restablishing a connection to the transmitter and that didn't work so I figure there is something broke but I don't know where to begin looking. Any ideas?
Old 04-13-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
constantCrash
prefectionist

Send a message via AIM to constantCrash
Friends: (3)

Check your swash plate. make sure the part that connects to the servos is still connected fully to the part that connects to the blades. My mSR splits appart ALL THE TIME.

I wanna be a pirate. Arrrrr

AMA - 885997
Old 04-13-2011, 11:25 PM   #3
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)

Originally Posted by constantCrash View Post
Check your swash plate. make sure the part that connects to the servos is still connected fully to the part that connects to the blades. My mSR splits appart ALL THE TIME.
Hi
I agree check all the swash hookups first
If they are all on correctly then you may have a problem with the 5in1 Unit
Thats the only down fall i see with these UM blades that everything is integrated into one unt and when they fail you must replace the whole unit good for the manufacterer, bad for the owner of the heli
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 PM   #4
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Man, it's been a minute since I've been on here. Life has gotten in the way. I did finally get around to taking a look at my 120 last night and I was very pleased to see that the hookups that connect the ball joints on the swashplate had popped loose. So once I popped it back on I had full flight capabilities again. Now the only damage to my 120 is the canopy is cracked in a few places. Much less expensive fix than replacing the 5in1 unit. Thanks for the tips ya'll.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by calldaffer View Post
Man, it's been a minute since I've been on here. Life has gotten in the way. I did finally get around to taking a look at my 120 last night and I was very pleased to see that the hookups that connect the ball joints on the swashplate had popped loose. So once I popped it back on I had full flight capabilities again. Now the only damage to my 120 is the canopy is cracked in a few places. Much less expensive fix than replacing the 5in1 unit. Thanks for the tips ya'll.
Hi Chris
Your most welcome
So very happy it was an easy fix
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 05-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

can anyone explain this....so I took my 120 back up to the gym to fly it again. Keep in mind that I hadn't flown it since I posted this thread about it losing forward flight. The gym is the only area big enough for me to fly in and it's been to windy outside to fly since a month ago. Anyways, I thought I had fixed the issue by popping the hookups back onto balljoints but I'm still having issues.

When I put the helicopter into "easy mode" the forward flight capabilities will come and go now. Sometimes the helicopter will fly forward just fine and other times it won't move forward at all. But if I take it out of easy mod it works just fine. I think I have gotten to the point where I can control it without using easy mode but I don't understand why I would have intermittent forward control in easy mode. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Old 05-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
dacaur

Friends: (0)

easy mode on the TX or the swash?

If you are talking about high/low rates on the TX, I would suspect a problem with the tx itself..... if its not the TX, maybe the part that poped off before is cracked, or the servo itself could be damagad, the servos actualy are replacable, at least the servo mechanics are, its around $10-15 I think...
Old 05-15-2011, 01:40 AM   #8
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

on the tx. I had the same thought too so I binded it a buddy of mines tx and still experienced the same issue. I was thinking about just replacing the swashplate on the helicopter because things are still popping lose but I can't figure out why the forward flight comes and goes in easy mode.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:21 AM   #9
dacaur

Hmmm... with the battery unplugged, turn the servo gear by hand to move the servo all the way up and down... I wonder if its partly stripped....
Old 01-08-2012, 04:43 PM   #10
bowvmi2001

Was this problem fixed? I am having the same problem with my 120SR.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters