Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 09-04-2009, 01:33 PM   #1
jswigart

Friends: (0)
Default Blade msr is great!

I just brought home the Blade msr from the hobby shop. I bound it up to my DX6i and it took off and flew flawlessly with no extra programming to my radio.

I have many helis in my feet ranging from indoor fp to large 600 size cp.

I will put this little guy up against any of the small fp helis on the market.
It is smaller than the quark and yet as stable if not a little easier to fly indoors in my small living room. The Blade msr is 100 times more stable than the little walkera 4#3.
The 4 battery charger was a very nice addition also. Now I can charge my Vapor, blade mcx, and sukhoi batteries simultaneously while at the gym this winter.
I highly recommend this one to any heli enthusiest!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
buzzbomber
Matt Smith

View buzzbomber's Gallery11
Friends: (3)

Originally Posted by jswigart View Post
I just brought home the Blade msr from the hobby shop. I bound it up to my DX6i and it took off and flew flawlessly with no extra programming to my radio.

I have many helis in my feet ranging from indoor fp to large 600 size cp.

I will put this little guy up against any of the small fp helis on the market.
It is smaller than the quark and yet as stable if not a little easier to fly indoors in my small living room. The Blade msr is 100 times more stable than the little walkera 4#3.
The 4 battery charger was a very nice addition also. Now I can charge my Vapor, blade mcx, and sukhoi batteries simultaneously while at the gym this winter.
I highly recommend this one to any heli enthusiest!
Every time I think I'm done buying planes and helis, something like this comes along...

Matt

Down with Gravity!
Old 09-05-2009, 02:43 PM   #3
microraver

Friends: (1)
Default agreed - mSR is great 5*

Just picked this one up the other night. I got the BNF version too. No need to add another transmitter to the shelf. The first one I brought home didn't bind to my DX7 or to my mCX radio. I called the Horizon Support line as instructed in the manual and got a really helpful rep. The new board is being UPS'd to me now. Thank You Horizon for being there.

In the meantime... I picked up a replacement mSR and this one bound no problem with my DX7. I thought at first I had to reverse some servos but you don't. I just picked Heli on the DX7 and left all the settings default. I've since set up 50% EXP and fiddled with the throttle curve a bit.

The little thing is strong and robust compared to the mCX. It is FAST! and responsive! I used exponential dampening on the controls. It did need a little trimming for me, it slid to the left at first. But once I had it trimmed up I could hands free hover!!

I was flying in the living room and doing spot landings by the end of my third battery! Some major crashes didn't even knock the canopy off. It's a heavier plastic than the mCX. And no little o-rings to lose. They're built into the canopy. Nice touch. 10 minute run time per charge. The four slot charger is COOL! Also listen for that tiny little tail rotor buzzing away!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	eFlite mSR.jpg
Views:	1054
Size:	167.5 KB
ID:	108606 test flying the mSR at Apollo
Old 09-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #4
bassplayinDude

Club: www.nedsinct.org
Awards Showcase

Ambassador Award 
Friends: (5)

I'm loving my new mSR! To compare stability, I flew my mSR, then flew my 4#3b. There was no comparison, these two birds are in different leagues. I was nose-in hovering the mSR in my living room while I was barely able to tail-in hover my 4#3b.

E-Flite Blade mCP-X, mQX
Lightflite BUG
Old 09-08-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Sparky Paul
Super Contributor

Originally Posted by buzzbomber View Post
Every time I think I'm done buying planes and helis, something like this comes along...
I hate it when that happens!
Old 09-11-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
cgpro856

Originally Posted by microraver View Post
Just picked this one up the other night. I got the BNF version too. No need to add another transmitter to the shelf. The first one I brought home didn't bind to my DX7 or to my mCX radio. I called the Horizon Support line as instructed in the manual and got a really helpful rep. The new board is being UPS'd to me now. Thank You Horizon for being there.

In the meantime... I picked up a replacement mSR and this one bound no problem with my DX7. I thought at first I had to reverse some servos but you don't. I just picked Heli on the DX7 and left all the settings default. I've since set up 50% EXP and fiddled with the throttle curve a bit.

The little thing is strong and robust compared to the mCX. It is FAST! and responsive! I used exponential dampening on the controls. It did need a little trimming for me, it slid to the left at first. But once I had it trimmed up I could hands free hover!!

I was flying in the living room and doing spot landings by the end of my third battery! Some major crashes didn't even knock the canopy off. It's a heavier plastic than the mCX. And no little o-rings to lose. They're built into the canopy. Nice touch. 10 minute run time per charge. The four slot charger is COOL! Also listen for that tiny little tail rotor buzzing away!

10 minutes? wow. I get 5.5-6 minutes max. Which is the norm?
Old 09-11-2009, 04:32 PM   #7
bassplayinDude

Club: www.nedsinct.org
Awards Showcase

Ambassador Award 

Originally Posted by cgpro856 View Post
10 minutes? wow. I get 5.5-6 minutes max. Which is the norm?
My first flight with the included stock batteries had one hit LVC around 6:40. I've programmed my timer for 5:30 which gives me a little time to get my mSR back to the ground. I tried my mCX batteries and those hit LVC at 5:30 and are also much warmer than the stock mSR batteries after use.

I'm going to get a CSRC 130mAH 2-pack and see how those work out. I've read reports the CSRC batteries get about 7 minutes before LVC but voltage is more stable until the very end of the flight (less gyro drift throughout the flight).

E-Flite Blade mCP-X, mQX
Lightflite BUG
Old 09-11-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
microraver

10 minute run time per charge.
Sorry for the confusion! 10 min was a general time span including lots of landings. If I run it continuously it is closer to the 6-7 minute range.

I find time slows down when I'm flying anyways.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 AM   #9
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Just purchased this little fella, arrived in only two days FedEx, very impressed with it so far, with only a few flights...

Very stable hover for a fixed pitch, mine also drifted to the left, minor trim and everythings fine..

Was fortunate to have zero winds this evening, gave some forward stick and she really zooms out, even flew it early dusk while enjoying the fully illuminated blue glow of the canopy, stands out very well, all my enthusiasm is back with this puppie, nice job Eflite ! THANKS !
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 AM   #10
jschall

I find time slows down when I'm flying anyways.
But then, when the battery dies it is always too soon.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 AM   #11
sam94

Friends: (3)

I have a eflite blade mSR, and when i first flew it it was great, but i always had tail wag.
I crashed once and busted the tail motor, got a new tail set, and after that it worked fine.
Now when i try and do the throttle the tail blade spins but the main motor doesnt spin.

help
Old 09-30-2009, 07:04 AM   #12
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Club: UN-CLUB
Default Hmmm...

Sounds like something else broke as well.

Here's some other posts I did that might help other issues:
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...76&postcount=6
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...75&postcount=2
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...60&postcount=9
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...95&postcount=4

Old 10-06-2009, 09:13 PM   #13
caltrop
Can't Help Myself

Club: UN-CLUB
Default Flying Times

Here's some numbers I came up with.

There's space to add your numbers.

The 4-Site is'nt out yet but I expect a ten minute flight time.

Have FUN!

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Micro LiPo Battery Performance.pdf (338.7 KB, 504 views)
Old 10-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #14
Music-AMG

absolutely love the msr... it's a blast to fly.. actually on my second one.. My son dumped the first into neighbors pool. Electrics are shot, but, I got spare parts.
Old 10-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #15
phillipmorris
Super Contributor

Mines still intact, do most of the flights outdoors w/calm conditions, its simply a blast, going to start to rev things up, still getting the feel, but for a FP this one is very stable, awsome !! BEST ..<>...
Old 11-02-2009, 01:28 PM   #16
Sabrehawk

View Sabrehawk's Gallery23
Club: Marymoor RC Club, Redmond Wa.
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (13)
Thumbs up

I too have jumped onto the mSR bandwagon. Now im a hard core fixed winger and have avoided heli's like the plague as I just dont seem to be made for them. And the one heli I bought several years a go,(Blade CP) has sat collecting dust after I spent a few weeks trying to hover it and broke the blades doing so. Went back to my planes and stayed there since.

But I've put in about 30 flights on this liitle thing over the weekend and haven't broke anything yet, and im just so impressed with it's inherent stability. It's as stable as my NTU even, but with vectoring ability.
Yesterday I flew it outdoors for the first time, and I let it go into forward flight for the first time, and WOW! I actually kept it under control.
Im amazed to say the least, and im sure with more practice I'll be doing much more. I never though I could do this, but the mSR has finally made it possible.

Now I notice that as mine slips into forward flight that there is a tendency to veer to the right, and this will take some practice to compensate for but is that normal for it to veer to the right like that? Or, should I trim some left in while in hover to help this.
I cant see trimming once into forward flight as I cant release the right stick once she starts forward.(That brings it back to hover, which is also amazing and is whats making flying this thing possible for me.)

"Better to be looking up in the air wishing you were flying, than looking down at the ground wishing you weren't."
Old 11-02-2009, 06:46 PM   #17
m40a3
Father, Husband, HeliNerd

View m40a3's Gallery2
Default Outdoors Flight?

Anyone flying this outside? I'm getting one for Christmas...wife's making me wait - 6 year old son won't understand if I get it now! Something about Santa?

I want to be able to fly it outside....does it have enough power with 5 mph winds?

Fly, Crash, Fix, Fly...Repeat
Old 11-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #18
Music-AMG

Originally Posted by m40a3 View Post
Anyone flying this outside? I'm getting one for Christmas...wife's making me wait - 6 year old son won't understand if I get it now! Something about Santa?

I want to be able to fly it outside....does it have enough power with 5 mph winds?
Got mine to do loops. Get it high enough, then nose down hard and pull it back.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:23 PM   #19
barryd

Just wanted to mention, if you're binding to another transmitter, I think you have to set the gyro (ch 5) to 100% to get the full control of the cyclic, because the mSR ESC uses that channel to activate its built-in "dual rates". I think you get 25% extra movement on the cyclic this way.

I have my DX6i setup with gyro pos 0 at 100%, pos 1 at 0%, so I can still use the slower rates if I want (eg. giving the controller to my friend). I suppose you could just leave gyro at 100% and use the controller's dual rates though.

Wish I could double-check the details, but my transmitter is packed away now.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #20
capt. crash
is cooler than you

i finally got one of these 2 days ago. It sure takes a beating, so far no broken parts (and not because I haven't crashed). Of course, none of the crashes were like full speed with me leaving the motor still on at full tilt, the thing still does take a good beating. It's also a blast to fly around! Anyways... just had to get that out of my system...

*power up*
"IT'S FLYING!!! HOLY COW IT'S FLYING!"
*CRASH*
"oh well...."
Old 11-13-2009, 12:24 PM   #21
Music-AMG

Originally Posted by capt. crash View Post
i finally got one of these 2 days ago. It sure takes a beating, so far no broken parts (and not because I haven't crashed). Of course, none of the crashes were like full speed with me leaving the motor still on at full tilt, the thing still does take a good beating. It's also a blast to fly around! Anyways... just had to get that out of my system...

Just a note, things to watch for.. After a few hard hits, my swash plate comes un snapped and the the blade grips stripped. Had it hovering about 15 feet and the blades just flew off. Was kind of cool.

Also, read the manual.. The swash plate is actually ajustable. It has a set of longer links and gives the heli a lot more control.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:57 PM   #22
capt. crash
is cooler than you

Originally Posted by Music-AMG View Post
Just a note, things to watch for.. After a few hard hits, my swash plate comes un snapped and the the blade grips stripped. Had it hovering about 15 feet and the blades just flew off. Was kind of cool.

Also, read the manual.. The swash plate is actually ajustable. It has a set of longer links and gives the heli a lot more control.
god, more control? this thing is already moderately squirrelly.... sounds like fun!

*power up*
"IT'S FLYING!!! HOLY COW IT'S FLYING!"
*CRASH*
"oh well...."
Old 11-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #23
E-Phil
mSR noob

Originally Posted by capt. crash View Post
god, more control? this thing is already moderately squirrelly.... sounds like fun!
want even more?? go with the Cusker mod.. did it to mine, and Lookout!!
its a little rocket now!!
Old 11-22-2009, 07:27 PM   #24
CarlosTomasso

Love the Msr! if u love heli's you have one!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #25
drh

Default mSR

My mSR also tendd to drop and go to the right when going into forward flight. When I stop forward flight it also wants to go right and up.

just something to get used to and compensate for
I guess.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters

Tags
blade msr heli