Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
Davethebluessinger
Child of the 60s

View Davethebluessinger's Gallery4
Club: Longdon Flying Club
Friends: (9)
Default Battery cage for PZ UM P51

Someone has probably already thought of this and posted the idea but here's a photo of my PZ UM P51 battery holder. I simply adapted a skid from a friends broken blade mcx heli and CA'd it into place. The advantage is that now I can use the same cells in my P51 as I use in my MSR without having to worry about fiddly velcro whch quite frankly was next best thing to useless!
Don't know why PZ don't do this kinda thing in the first place!

Hope this is of some use to all you UM flyers out there!

Dave

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery tray.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	147265  

EFlight Mini Pulse XT, Durafly Dynamic S, Scratch Built 52" Pushycat, HK 330 Edge Profile, HK Mini Spirit, Thunder Tiger EHawk 1500.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
kenchiroalpha
Retired Master Chief USN

View kenchiroalpha's Gallery2
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (168)
Thumbs up

Hi Dave
Nice job, that will come in handy
Thanks ever so much for sharing that with us
Take care dear friend
Yours Hank

"When wild the head-wind beat,Thy sovereign Will commanding, Bring them who dare to fly, To a safe landing."
Old 04-24-2011, 06:30 PM   #3
Davethebluessinger
Child of the 60s

Thanks Hank,
I spent an hour over a local playing field this evening flying the Mustang, It's still a great little plane that I would recommend to anyone! Had an hour flying my Nano Slipstream wing earlier at another larger field, I discovered that although it's small (22") it will carry a keychain camera easily and is still more than capable of aerobatics! Now the whole family is off or a walk to a local canal where I'm going to run the airboat I've been playing around with, talk about a perfect RC day! If I get decent video of the boat I'll send you a link

Speak to you soon mate,
Dave.

EFlight Mini Pulse XT, Durafly Dynamic S, Scratch Built 52" Pushycat, HK 330 Edge Profile, HK Mini Spirit, Thunder Tiger EHawk 1500.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #4
cjg

Friends: (0)

Last night winds died down, so got my UM P-51 and UMT-28 out for the first time this season. Had a new bunch of HK cheap batteries to try (160mah). Batteries were ok, but I forgot how much fun the P-51 is. I had been flying the UMT-28 since I got it last year.

The T-28 is stable, and a good flying platform - but got boring pretty quickly. The P-51 is much more of "zoom and maneuver" plane. I really do like it better than my T-28.

CJG
(HZ Supercub, PZ T-28 Trojan, Eflite BCX, PZ 210 Micro, UM P-51, UM T-28 and bunch of R/C trucks)
Old 04-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #5
Davethebluessinger
Child of the 60s

Had just the opposite here, the weather had been perfect but this evening the wind had got up. However like you I had 12 HK Turnigy 160mAh batteries to try so i went flying despite the breeze. I should have known better but risked it and did some damage to the P51. However shes all fixed up and ready to go again!

All the best,
Dave

Old 04-26-2011, 02:42 AM   #6
cjg

What did you think of the Turnigy nanotech 160mah? I found them acceptable, given the price. At least as good, or better, than the stock battery.

CJG
(HZ Supercub, PZ T-28 Trojan, Eflite BCX, PZ 210 Micro, UM P-51, UM T-28 and bunch of R/C trucks)
Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 AM   #7
Davethebluessinger
Child of the 60s

Hi,
I used my old batteries in my MSR, Ember and P51 so they've had a hard life! I have to say though that these new cells are much better than stock (even when the stock were new). No more motor pulsing and duration is better. My only issue with HK is how long it took to get the damn things, I ordered 20 for myself and a couple of mates - it took around 10 weeks because they were "in stock" when I pressed the "buy" button but somehow mysteriously "out of stock" immediately afterwards. Once the order did get marked as "dispatched" the actual postage was pretty quick. Can't knock the price though!
Just seen the UK weather forecast and it's gonna be breezy for a couple of days at least so I think the Mustang is grounded for now, however there's always the Nano Slipstream!

Happy landings!
Dave

Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #8
Toby B

+1 on the grin factor on the P51- I always forget what a hoot it is, and how
reasonably it flies on part- throttle...

t
Old 06-08-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
Aaeolien

We just ordered a handful of those Turnigy batteries waiting on them to show up. How do they compare to the Thunder Power ones (160 mah)? I snagged a couple of those from the LHS the other day and they seem nice and powerful with good flight times on the T-28.

Chris

Admitted Crack Pitts Addict

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes