Here is a description from Mountain Models:
is still refered to as "The Original Parkfyer" on the online groups. So, how do you make it even better? Scale it up 50%, update the construction, and slightly tweak the design for an even better performing model!
Paying attention to material selection and design, we've kept this 55" SwitchBack Senior™
down to a paltry 34 to 37 ounces! With a light wing loading and smooth flying characteristics, the SwitchBack Senior™
would make a great low wing aileron trainer. Open up the throttle and increase the rates on the controls and get ready for a barn burning, sky tearing aerobatic plane!
As with all of our kits, construction is simple with the interlocking parts. You you won't have to run to the hobby shop for hardware either, because we've included everything you need.
- Wingspan: 55.4 in
- Length: 41 in
- Wing Area: 597 sq in
- Flying Weight: 34 to 37 oz
- Wing Loding: 8.2 to 8.9 oz/sq ft
- Controls: 4 (Rudder, Elevator, Ailerons (2 servos), Throttle
- Power: 200 to 300 Watt Brushless Outrunner
- Battery: 3S LiPo (Capacity sized to chosen motor)
Here is what is installed in the plane:
Description The G10 (35-36) brushless out-runner motor can replace a .15 - .25 two stroke nitro engines and is equivalent to E-Flite Power 10 / AXI 2814. It is capable of producing up to 3.5 lb of thrust and generate about 400W of power.
- KV: Listed as 1000, tested to be approx. 1090.
- Weight: 3.7oz (105g) for motor only, not including mounting accessories.
- Motor Diameter: Approx. 35mm
- Shaft diameter: 4 mm
- Max efficiency: Approx. 30A
- Max Load: Approx. 35A
- 40A brushless motor ESC
- 3S LiPO and at least 2200mAh.
- Prop Selection: Remember to always use props designed for electric motors, nitro props are heavier and might overload the motor.
With 3S LiPO: 11x5.5, 10x6
- The above prop selections are recommended for sports flying at open throttle. You may try using larger props if you do not fly at constant open throttle.
Hobbywing Pentium 40A Brushless ESC with UBEC
1.1 Output: Continuous 40A, Burst 60A up to 10 Secs.
1.2 Input Voltage:
Pentium-40A: 2-6 cells lithium battery or 5-18 cells NiCd/NIMh battery.
Pentium-40A: 3A / 5V (Switch mode).
1.4 Max Speed: 210,000rpm for 2 Poles BLM, 70,000rpm for 6 poles BLM, 35,000rpm for 12 poles BLM.
(BLM: BrushLess Motor)
1.5 Size: 55mm (L) * 28mm (W) * 12mm (H).
Power HD HD-1160A Mini Servo
There are 4 of these and a Y connector for the ailerons. The Power HD-1160A is equivalent to Hitec HS-81.
Torque: 2.7kg/cm (37.3oz/in)
Bearings: No Ball Bearing
Price is $150.00 just add your receiver and lipo and fly!
Will meet with in reasonable distance. Will NOT ship.