Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

E-Flite Helicopters Discuss E-Flite helicopters in this forum such as the Blade CX, Blade CX2, Blade CP Pro and all other E-Flite rc helis.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-08-2011, 09:21 PM   #1
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Friends: (2)
Default I have a CX3 5in1 unit, now what?

My future father in law crashed his CX2 and tore it to hell but the 5in1 wasn't damanged so he gave me it and he ordered himself a new heli. So I know the 5in1 is the core to the Blade heli's so all I need to do now is buy the rest of it and install the 5in1. Does anyone know if I can just buy everything I need except the 5in1 or do I have to buy all the parts seperate from one another? I've seen on Ebay how you can buy mSR's complete except for the 5in1, but I've not seen the same thing for the CX2. Anyone know?
Old 05-09-2011, 01:20 AM   #2
xmech2k
Ya got any Beeman's?

View xmech2k's Gallery21
Club: CVMRCC, SEFSD
Awards Showcase

1kW  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Hmm, haven't heard of them being sold that way. I'd add up the cost of all the parts and see if it's worth it. Maybe it's better just to keep the spare around. I'm sure others will have more knowledge and experience in this mater, but that's what I figure.

I wish I could see the video of that crash! I know when we flew our CX2's at work (All during breaks, of course!), we would almost wet our pants laughing so hard at some of the crashes we had, and I don't think we ever totalled one!
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 AM   #3
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

My bad, it is actually a CX3 and this is what I had in mind: http://cgi.ebay.com/E-FLITE-BLADE-CX...07119156613736 Is that a pretty good deal or do you think I can find better?

Regarding the "accident." He told me that he was flying the helicopter about 150 feet up and away from him out at his lakehouse and it was a very calm day but I guess once he took it up that high there was some cross winds and it pretty much swept the helicopter out of range. So it dropped from 150 feet onto the rock shoreline and pretty much shattered the helicopter into pieces. The only part to survive the fall was the 5in1 which I now have.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
calldaffer
just stop crashing!!

Alright so this is the auction that I won and the parts are on the way: http://cgi.ebay.com/E-FLITE-BLADE-CX...50461562876477

There are 81 parts included. I'm also considering adding in a heat sync and doing some of the upgraded parts from here: http://www.flyrcrivesud.com/upgrade_parts11.html

Now my next question is does anyone know of a site that will walk you through putting a CX3 together piece by piece? I've never assembled a helicopter part by part. I've done some repairs and swapped out parts on mine before but nothing like this and I'm looking forward to getting the experience but a "how to" would move things along better.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Micro Sized Electric Helicopters > E-Flite Helicopters