Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #1
sadman

Friends: (0)
Default Newbie with dynam sky hawk

Hello all I'm 38yo from Scotland and I've considered rc flying for years but the building followed by inevitable crashing, then more building etc never appealed to me.
Then my brother in law got a hobbyzone super cub which got me really interested when I saw it.

If you aren't interested in reading the next part maybe you could just give me advice on my questions numbered 1-5 further down please also feel free to correct me in any way since I am new to rc planes.

I have another brother in law who tried (and failed) flying a 'petrol'? plane a few years ago but only succeeded in killing it. So I mentioned to him about the super cub and he told me about the dynam hawk sky....
After watching videos, reading and flying it with trainers we both decided to get one.

I'm sure I saw it for 90 somewhere I don't remember, but it was out of stock and the guy sounded dodgy plus there was no address and so after ordering and returning the wrong plane - 3 channel - from somewhere else- I finally found the hawk sky for 105 from remote-island dot co dot uk and ordered two for us. I had heard dodgy reports about remote island but they do have an address and telephone and I was ordering with credit card so I went ahead.

Despite guaranteed next day delivery they arrived a few days ago (still only 3 working days) and they both had pretty severe box damage but only mine had any damage to the aircraft - nothing though that I wouldn't get after a wee while flying and I didn't want to send it back just for that.

So I had read reviews and tips for newbies on this site :-

Beginner Pilot Tips:

1) Re-enforce the plane with some clear packaging tape. (wing edges and the fuselage)

2) Bend the control surfaces back and forth a few times before securing to the control horns so you get max control throws from the hinges.

3) Put a dab of glue on the bolts so they don't come off during flight. Make sure the tighten screws are TIGHT before flight as well. You may put a dab of glue on these as well.

4) Always make sure your control surfaces (elevator, rudder, and ailerons) are in their proper trimmed position before flight (in general ... flat with the wing surface).

5) Make sure the control surfaces are fully functional before flight. Move your sticks and make sure the elevator, rudder, and ailerons are moving correctly.

6) If throwing the plane ... throttle up to 50-75% and throw the plane like you would a football. Let it fly for a second or two and then give it some elevator.

7) Be EASY on the throttle. Intimidating speed for a new pilot. These things WILL get up and go!

8) Your first few flights would be better in little to no wind. If there IS wind ... land against the wind or else the plane will glide with the wind and you'll over shoot your landing.

- so I taped almost the whole thing, added glue to every nut and screw (and also where the 'servo wire'? is clamped to the 'control horns'? was that wise? it kept slipping no matter how I tried to tighten) and followed these instructions best I could.

The following day I checked if the servo wire was slipping. Everything was in order and looking good despite the hawk sky looking kinda weird all taped up and shiny...
Anyhoo it looked almost ideal outside so I got showered and got the battery charged - which was basically a top up since I had only used it in testing, was that a good idea? So an hour or so later I'm good to go but I notice its kinda windy but I'm raring to go so I ignored it ...

Got to a place with not so many trees (I have seen the post on here with the guy getting his hawk sky stuck 70 foot up in a tree!) and I had to build it in shelter because of the wind. Took her to the middle of the field and I actually managed to hand launch it and it flew for a bit before a mixture of fear and wind landed it 10 metres away behind me facing into the wind, all good so I hand launched it again and ended up with it cartwheeling after a short painful flight but did manage to score some kind of goal since it passed through football goals mid cartwheel.
Then I saw a little damage but seriously considered launching again until the canopy cover blew away in the wind.

So when I got her home I saw that the tail had broken but hadn't come off because it was mostly taped and also a wind tip had broken but was taped on top so also hadn't come off. The nose had obviously taken a hit too because the tape was wrinkled but all good there. The only broken parts therefore were parts which weren't taped.
So, thanks for the advice to tape it up and I then proceeded to repair and make sure there were no other parts untaped ...

So she's looking good at the moment albeit a bit wrinkly and shiny, like an old hawk sky into s & m

I have made some mistakes already and I'll make plenty more, that's ok, but for anyone still reading can you tell me -

1 - Should I get the hawk sky up high as quickly as I can the next time I take it out?, I felt a bit too nervous today to try to get it higher.

2 - How would you replace the control horns if you were to replace them? It looks like I'd have to cut them out since they are all glued in now ( I glued 2) they are holding for the time being but I could do with adjusting one and have read posts about others replacing them for better ones.

3 - I'm guessing that all the tape I've added and hence the wrinkly surface won't affect the flight of my hawk sky?

4 - My wings and tail are not parrallel now they are out by a bit it appears to be the tail section, about 20mm over the length of the tail should I be overly worried about that or could that possibly be corrected by trim?

5 - It turns out I don't have the 2.4ghz transmitter which was what I believed I wanted (hence the 105) is it really so bad that I have 35mhz? Mine has a sticker with 35.090 and my brother in laws has 35.060 - will that be a problem if we ever fly together? Should I consider upgrading to 2.4ghz? Should I sell the one I have or will it still be useful?

I better stop for the time being - I'm sorry for the long post and I bet I could find answers for most of these things by trawling this site so I apologise for that too

great site though
thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 02:58 AM   #2
dumo01
dumo01

Club: Westerville Model Aeronautics Assc
Friends: (7)

Sounds like you are doing OK for just starting out, I am not real familiar with the Sky Hawk, but found what I think you have on a web site and it looks like a reasonable starter airplane.

1 - Should I get the hawk sky up high as quickly as I can the next time I take it out?, I felt a bit too nervous today to try to get it higher.

The usual response is to get the plane three mistakes high so you have time and altitude to recover from a mistake. How high that is depends on you and how big the plane is, a smaller plane you want to keep in closer so you can see it well. Kind of guessing at the size of the Sky Hawk I would aim at 100 ft or so

2 - How would you replace the control horns if you were to replace them? It looks like I'd have to cut them out since they are all glued in now ( I glued 2) they are holding for the time being but I could do with adjusting one and have read posts about others replacing them for better ones.

I would follow the lead of the other posts you have seen in how to replace them. My guess would be to cut out the old ones, and glue in the new with epoxy, might need to add some additional foam around the new horn to get a reliable fit.

3 - I'm guessing that all the tape I've added and hence the wrinkly surface won't affect the flight of my hawk sky?

The wrinkled tape will not have any impact on this plane. If you add way too much tape the excess tape will add weight which will impact the performance of the plane.

4 - My wings and tail are not parrallel now they are out by a bit it appears to be the tail section, about 20mm over the length of the tail should I be overly worried about that or could that possibly be corrected by trim?

That may affect how well it flies, hard to say how much. If you can post some pictures that may help. Depending on what is bent you might want to try to straighten it, there are several threads, I think in the foamy section on using steam to soften foam enough to bend it back to shape. It may be that you will be able to use trim to counter the problem and it will fly OK without any bending back to shape

5 - It turns out I don't have the 2.4ghz transmitter which was what I believed I wanted (hence the 105) is it really so bad that I have 35mhz? Mine has a sticker with 35.090 and my brother in laws has 35.060 - will that be a problem if we ever fly together? Should I consider upgrading to 2.4ghz? Should I sell the one I have or will it still be useful?

I would go with what you have for now and consider a transmitter upgrade at some point down the road. You should not have issues using your transmitter and your brothers at the same time. I ( and a lot of other people) think 2.4 offers a lot of advantages, but spend some time finding out about them, and if you decide you want to go that route, invest in a good transmitter that will last you for a while.

Good luck with it and welcome to WattFlyer
Old 05-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #3
sadman

much appreciated thank you
Old 05-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #4
sadman

i'm sorry the title for this post should read newbie with dynam hawk sky - not 'sky hawk' could an admin please change that and delete this post?
thanks
Old 05-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

Welcome to Wattflyer, sadman. You're going to have to change that name once you've had your first successful flight with the Hawk. You won't be able to get the smlie off your face.

As for the Hawk Sky, I think it's a great beginner's plane and flies great if you make a few mods. You need to glue the nuts on the control horns, which you've already done. Also, make sure the push rod and servo arms don't touch the foam anywhere. I had some issues with that. Easy to fix: Just scrape off some foam so everything moves freely.

Also, don't bother with the landing gear. It's way too weak to be useful on anything but the smoothest concrete. I took it off an simply hand launch and belly land on grass like a traditional glider. Works great! If you're planning on landing on a harder surface, you should add some packing tape to the belly to protect the foam.

As for flying characteristics, there are a couple of things to look out for. First of all, the plane will climb steeply at full throttle. This is generally a good thing, but can startle a beginner. Just let it climb and be ready to push the stick forward ever so slightly if you think the plane is going to go into a stall. If you feel you have to constantly apply down elevator to make it fly level, add a few clicks of down trim.

The rudder is a little under sized and you'll notice it's difficult to make flat turns. This is fixable by adding some area to the rudder, but I don't think you need to bother with that, as the plane turns perfectly fine with just ailerons and elevator.

Landing the Hawk Sky is very simple. Line up against the wind and progressively throttle down. Don't use elevator to reduce altitude, as this will make the plane pick up speed. Always control your approach altitude with the throttle! The Hawk Sky is an excellent glider, so you'll have to plan for a long and flat approach.

Other than that, it's the usual stuff: Easy on the sticks. Fly it high. Be prepared to give some up elevator in the turns. And most important of all HAVE FUN and let us know how you're making out. If you run into problems, post a question here and we WILL help you.

Good luck!

AMA #959089
Old 05-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #6
sadman

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
Welcome to Wattflyer, sadman. You're going to have to change that name once you've had your first successful flight with the Hawk. You won't be able to get the smlie off your face.
great post NJSwede!

my online gaming name was sadman insane - saddam hussain - I just dropped the insane part, it's really difficult to think of a name no one else has... nothing at all to do with me being sad

I have noted everything you have said and as always I appreciate it.
It hasn't been so windy here for a long time - unbelievable. I won't be flying anytime soon

cheers
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM   #7
martyp57

Hi sadman, welcome to Wattflyer too, sounds like your doing better than me with your Hawksky, I've had mine up a couple of times now and the ground came up and hit me very hard each time. It's a lot harder to fly than I thought!
Where abouts are you in Scotland? Have you thought about seeking professional help from a grown up? I've joined my local flying club and am having lessons on my glow engined Moonraker trainer using a buddy box, so far my instructor has been able to recover the aircraft when I've put it into the inevitable spiral dive, I hope he can keep it up, but I'm challenging him severely.
I have learnt that you only need very small movement to the controls, I was pushing the sticks way over, hence the spiral dives, and when you put aileron on to turn you need to take it back off to level off again.
It's been a bit blowy the last couple of days, and I'm busy rebuilding the front end of mine with some depron foam just now, but hope to have it ready to try out this Sunday if it's fine.
There are some vids on youtube showing how to circle and land a Hawksky
I fly on 35Mhz too with no problems, you and your brother are on different frequencies, so no point in you splashing out on cash to upgrade to 2.4Ghz if you don't need to, anyway you'll need the money to buy spare parts for your plane LOL!

Cheers
Martin
Old 05-12-2011, 09:39 PM   #8
NJSwede
3D wannabe

View NJSwede's Gallery1
Club: Somerset Signal Senders & GCA
Awards Showcase

2kW  1kW 
Friends: (10)

Martin, you're right! The best way to learn the correct stick movements is to use a simulator. I suggest Sadman downloads FMS (free and pretty ugly) and flies the trainer using a regular PC game controller. It's not the greatest simulator and a game controller doesn't perfectly replicate the feel of a transmitter, but at this point it's enough to get used to the controls and things like not over-controlling etc.

AMA #959089
Old 05-13-2011, 10:46 AM   #9
sadman

Originally Posted by martyp57 View Post
It's a lot harder to fly than I thought!
isn't it just

Where abouts are you in Scotland?
I'm in Glenrothes! What are the chances...

Have you thought about seeking professional help from a grown up?
Ha! My partner has suggested the same thing many times!

Well the beauty with the hawk sky is that the propeller is not on the nose and the plane is foam so I shouldn't do any damage should it ever hit someone - which I will be very careful to avoid anyhoo!
I have a friend in a club and the field they use is not far away but it's the trouble of having to find someone to go with you when you want to go.

but I'm challenging him severely
heheh

yes I agree very small movements but it's difficult to prevent yourself using huge ones...

Yeh Sunday is supposed to be fine. You might be interested in this site -
http://www.fifeweather.co.uk/forecast.html
I'm still trying to figure out how accurate it is.
Incidentally I have a real flight in a 'cesna'? on Saturday it was a birthday gift so I'm looking forward to that.

I've watched a lot of videos on youtube and I saw one with a simulator and you could see exactly what he was doing with the controls - like you said hardly moving them at all.

What I don't get about 35 Mhz is how different do you need to be to fly together - what the steps are. Is it .01? - 35.010, 35.020 etc As long as you have a different number from someone else there will be no interference? Could you have 35.011 and 35.012? I guess that's a google job.

anyway you'll need the money to buy spare parts for your plane
lol - indeed!

Martin I tried to find a picture of your plane but it was difficult. Could you post one up here?
I'm going to try posting a few pictures of mine later.

Originally Posted by NJSwede View Post
Martin, you're right! The best way to learn the correct stick movements is to use a simulator. I suggest Sadman downloads FMS (free and pretty ugly) and flies the trainer using a regular PC game controller. It's not the greatest simulator and a game controller doesn't perfectly replicate the feel of a transmitter, but at this point it's enough to get used to the controls and things like not over-controlling etc.
Well I've been using Clearview but only with the keyboard, FMS I couldn't get to install but maybe I gave up too easily. I also tried with PS2 controller but I didn't enjoy it. But yesterday I ordered a cheap (and hopefully not nasty) cable for usb to controller. I have the hawk sky in Clearview and I changed it to hand launch so it's pretty good but for the controls.

Appreciate the help!

cheers
Old 05-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #10
sadman

my hawk sky pictures

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1040637.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	148329 My taped up hawk sky repaired broken tail and left wing tip

Name:	P1040639.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	148330 wings and tail out of alignment - should I try to fix this?
Old 05-13-2011, 01:59 PM   #11
dumo01
dumo01

Club: Westerville Model Aeronautics Assc
Friends: (7)

I would give that a try to see how off it flies as is, you might be able to deal with it just using the trim. If it needs more compneation that the electronic trim will provide, you might be able to center up your electronic trims, adjust the physical linkages a bit to provide the same adjustment you were getting with the electronic trim and try it again to see how it works.
If it were me I would hope maybe the next crash will bend it back the other way
Old 05-16-2011, 10:33 PM   #12
sadman

Well I would say I had my first proper flight on Sunday. My bro in law visited to collect his hawk sky and we headed for a nearby school field even though it was quite blowy - I can't wait to get flying!

So my first flight was mostly out of control I looped the loop 2 times - second one skimmed the ground with her belly

Second flight was a bit better but I was fighting against the wind and terrified of the trees lol.

Third flight ended nose down fairly hard and I saw the motor fall before the plane fell over the whole mount had come out - the motor was still glued and screwed to the mount. So with a bit of tape and expert engineering we managed another flight.

All in all great fun, great buzz and I fixed all the damage tonight.
Still don't have the cable for the sim and the bloody wind won't go away so I don't know when I'll be out again. The tips I have gotten on here have boosted my confidence a bit so thanks.

My bro in law took video - pretty funny, I'll try get it uploaded to youtube maybe. I have to say he isn't the greatest camera man

A bit off topic but I have to say my flying lesson on Saturday in a cesna was the mutts nuts! I'll certainly be doing it again, I was lucky enough to have a decent bloke as a pilot as well.

Since I had such a great weekend does that mean the next one is gonna be crap?.... oh well cheers for now.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #13
sadman

Hello all.
I have a lot of posts to bring you guys up to date, but some info that we need pretty quick -
We need a couple of new batteries, a propeller or two and possibly a new motor. Yeh I do have some pretty interesting stories
We're struggling to identify exactly what we need.
We know we need a 5x5 propeller (or should we upgrade to 6x4 as we have seen suggested?) then if we did would we need a bigger motor? We think we would like to keep things stock so that we have as much interchangeability as possible.

We have a 11.1v 1800mah 15c discharge battery. I assume that we need to stay with 11.1v but the bigger the mah the longer flying time? does that then mean more weight? We aren't sure. What about 15c? We found a battery with 30c but couldn't agree whether it was better or worse......

The motor is the thing we are having most trouble identifying. Dynam says its a "dynam speed 400 motor" but a google search doesnt give much. Which motor do we need?

I'm in the uk which site stocks all these?
cheers
Old 06-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #14
zep77

Originally Posted by sadman View Post
Hello all.
I have a lot of posts to bring you guys up to date, but some info that we need pretty quick -
We need a couple of new batteries, a propeller or two and possibly a new motor. Yeh I do have some pretty interesting stories
We're struggling to identify exactly what we need.
We know we need a 5x5 propeller (or should we upgrade to 6x4 as we have seen suggested?) then if we did would we need a bigger motor? We think we would like to keep things stock so that we have as much interchangeability as possible.

We have a 11.1v 1800mah 15c discharge battery. I assume that we need to stay with 11.1v but the bigger the mah the longer flying time? does that then mean more weight? We aren't sure. What about 15c? We found a battery with 30c but couldn't agree whether it was better or worse......

The motor is the thing we are having most trouble identifying. Dynam says its a "dynam speed 400 motor" but a google search doesnt give much. Which motor do we need?

I'm in the uk which site stocks all these?
cheers
You need a Zoom 400 sports from Headsuprc.com with an APC 6X4E prop or a Microjet V3 from Grayson Hobby with a APC 6X4E. I have the Micro Jet on mine and the Zoom on a SkyHawk t- 742. The Micro Jet is the first upgrade choice that is the most popular and the loudest also. Blue Lipo battery from HobbyPartz 2200 mah 20 or 25 c 11.1 volt is all I am using and can get at least 15 minutes but I rarely fly more than ten. I am getting around 260+watts from both.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:34 PM   #15
FlyingBrick50
FlyingBrick50

Club: Gooney Birds Flo, SC
Friends: (13)
Thumbs up Hawk Sky

Shes a good bird to learn on, what I've found is to get her up high and keep her in sight, if you cant see her you cant fly her,............I learned with this bird and she lives on in other aircraft. The information you have already is great and right on target. Dont use full throttle untill you are feeling better about being ahead of the plane!

The link below is with a hawksky @ the beach, she will handle the wind if the pilot can?

http://www.youtube.com/user/FLYINGbR.../1/EUQvB6L34TI

Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM   #16
sadman

Thanks zep77 I'll keep that info in mind but for the moment we are happy with stock parts - which we are still having trouble finding here in the UK.
I did find this http://x-hobby.co.uk/products.php?cat=195 but we need propellers and a motor shaft which they don't seem to stock.

Flyingbrick50 again thanks and thats a great video. I have videos of most of my flights hopefully I'll get the best ones uploaded to youtube soon.
I picked up a camera identical to this one for 10 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mini-DV-DVR-Sp...73831485121091
I have to stress that is not where I got mine but after I swapped the camera charging lead it has performed perfectly (after you work out the bad english in the manual)

I also picked up 2 batteries here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT which work well in the hawk sky - I can now get 30 plus minutes between my original battery and one of those.
I also had to buy these connectors to solder on to the battery
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Well I have landed at high speed in a tree and broken the tail and the control horn which some super glue and hot glue fixed. I also broke my propeller so that was my one spare.

I have velcro glued on to the touching parts of my wings holding them together and I had cut a hole for the plug for the wings to be pushed into but on one particular flight I didn't feel like the wings were pushed together quite right, I ignored it and guess what? The wings fell off mid flight. No real damage done just another lesson learned.

Since then the plug that I just mentioned literally fell apart just previous to a flight. I had some trouble identifying what I needed but these ones fit http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

On another flight my motor which is screwed to the motor mount with 2 very small screws and which I had attempted to tighten and glue (obviously to no avail) came loose, another broken propeller but I managed to glide home. I now have a small circular piece of plywood (cheers bro-in-law!) glued to the motor mount and my motor is glued to that. No screws. I know, but it's solid. My motor was also very rattley before and it sounds very quiet again

So I am owe my bro in law a propeller and the only place I could find a 5*5 propeller that might fit (model number DYP1001 or DYP-1001) was Australia! I found them at hobbyfly.de for 3 each but the postage took it to 6 each
Currently I'm waiting for a reply from powerslideracing.com.au which sells them for 2.50 aus dollars for 2 - approx 1.25.
Just need to find out how much is postage.

So I can now almost take the plane exactly where I want and land where I want
My last 8 or more flights have been largely incident free.
Thanks again for the advice...... now where is that phase 3 fantom or ef-16 forum.............
Old 07-30-2011, 08:05 PM   #17
BeefandGravy

Just put my hawk sky together and just wondering how long does it take the battery to charge. Its been 6 hours and the red and green light are still solid on the charger
Old 07-30-2011, 11:39 PM   #18
martyp57

As long as the charger or battery don't feel hot ( warm is okay) just keep it charging until the red light turns green, it might take up to 12hours or longer. If the lights don't change after that it could be that you have a duff charger, the Dynam kit isn't top quality and I've got one that never worked out of the box. I have a esky charger that I got from ebay for 15 I think, but it works fine.
Hopefully by the time you've seen this reply your battery has charged fine, and you're out flying.
Martin
Old 07-31-2011, 04:49 PM   #19
BeefandGravy

I had my maiden flight yesterday and after 2 unsuccessful launches, got it right on the 3rd try. Flew for like 15 mins. This handles very easy. Ready to go out today but I ran into problem. I cant get my wing servos to work. I tried reversing how their connected but NG. I did swap out the elevator where the wings go into the receiver and the elevator still works. Sometimes if I only install 1 wing all the servos go crazy and then I get no response from any of the servos. Can both wing servos go bad right away? Any thoughts
Thanks
Mike
Old 07-31-2011, 09:31 PM   #20
martyp57

You've got the aileron servos connected to the Y-lead located in the fuselage between where the wings fit, and the Y-lead is connected to the correct postion in the receiver. Have you tried disconnecting the servos and connecting to the Y-lead one wing at a time to see if they both work properly.
Did both ailerons work okay before you took your first flight?
Martin
Old 08-01-2011, 12:46 AM   #21
BeefandGravy

They both worker great day 1, day 2 dead and yes I did try disconnecting and reconnecting 1 at a time
Old 08-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #22
martyp57

If you've tried swapping the servos about and can't get the wing ones to work at all looks like you'll have to fork out for some new ones.
Very strange that they should pack up so soon though. have you tried disconnecting all the servos from the receiver and reconnecting one at a time to see if that can help. I've had probs with my ESC too, but after disconnecting and reconnecting the power a few times it seems to clear it.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:56 PM   #23
FlyingBrick50
FlyingBrick50

Lightbulb Servo issue

Hey Folks
I myself have had the same issue with the same bird, I will say this about that.
Make sure the same color wires are connected at the connectors, with the power wire (red) in the middle (standard now) of the plugs you cant burn up your servos. if you hook them up wrong, they will do what you have happening nothing. The signal wire and Ground wire will be reversed.
Loosing two servos at the same time is highly unlikely.
Also try each servo on a channel that does work, with a process of elimanation you can get to the root of the problem.

"The Raisen Man Flys Again"

Name:	031.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	151427

Old 08-01-2011, 02:07 PM   #24
martyp57

Good call Flying Brick, didn't think of that, I keep all the black ground wiress facing the same way, with the futaba gear you can only connect them one way as the servo plug has a little tab on one end of the connecter that only fits one way into the receiver, I use this to remind me which way round they go.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:56 PM   #25
FlyingBrick50
FlyingBrick50

Thumbs up

Good call Flying Brick, didn't think of that, I keep all the black ground wiress facing the same way, with the futaba gear you can only connect them one way as the servo plug has a little tab on one end of the connecter that only fits one way into the receiver, I use this to remind me which way round they go.
Your right, if my memory serves me correctly these can be reversed.

Futaba does have that tab and they work well. I have shaved them off for differant systems when needed.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers

Tags
electric , hawk sky , newbie , scotland