Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

ParkFlyers Talk about all backyard and parkflyer aircraft here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-19-2011, 06:57 PM   #1
spaten

Club: None yet :(
Friends: (1)
Default Slow Stick troubles

My Slow Stick flew fine for the first flight until i broke the prop on a landing. I replaced the prop with a GWS Slow Flyer prop and now when the plane gets in the air it seem to want to do nothing but turn left. If i bring it back down the rudder is functioning fine. Could it be the prop i chose messing with it? The stock one was a GWS EP-1060 with straight blades. The replacement i put on is a GWS EP-1047 with the more curved slow flyer style blades. Nothing is broken or bent on it that i can see. I will end up having to use rull right rudder to keep it going in a straight line.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:23 PM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,139 Times in 2,048 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (308)

the prop should have nothing to do with the plane wanting to turn left, check your wing, the left wing tip could have gotten bent down when the prop broke, take the wing off the plane, put in on a table and measure the heights on the back and front of the wing, they should be the same.

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 PM   #3
spaten

Put it on the table with the middle pointing up(decals and paint facing down, white part up)?
Old 05-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by spaten View Post
Put it on the table with the middle pointing up(decals and paint facing down, white part up)?
with the wings top part up, decals faceing up, middle flat on the table, measure the wing tips, make the wing tips the same height on the rear part of the wing, measure the front of the wing from the table to the front part of the wing tip, it should be the same on both sides, if not, there is a twist in the wing, if there is a twist in the wing, you can use some strapping tape and but some tension on the tape to pull the wing straight, hope that helps, Chellie

from aviator daves build
http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/show...t=bent+ss+wing

Attached Thumbnails

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
spaten

Got it. I'll take a look tonight. Thanks again.
Old 05-19-2011, 11:57 PM   #6
spaten

If you assumed i was sitting in the plane, the "left" side front is drooped down maybe 1/8" or more on the leading edge. Does that seem like enough to throw it off and make it turn left? Ive got some 3M extreme tape i used to assemble it with, i'll straighten it out if you think its enough. Just dont want to make it luuck uglier than it already is if i dont have to.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 AM   #7
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Originally Posted by spaten View Post
If you assumed i was sitting in the plane, the "left" side front is drooped down maybe 1/8" or more on the leading edge. Does that seem like enough to throw it off and make it turn left? Ive got some 3M extreme tape i used to assemble it with, i'll straighten it out if you think its enough. Just dont want to make it luuck uglier than it already is if i dont have to.
Thats not enough to cause a problem, unless the wind is catching it and bending it down more, see if there is any flex when you gently bend down that corner, if it flexes with very little pressure, try to make it a little stiffer, with some clear tape on the top of the wing at a angle from the front tip and angle it towards the rear in about a 45 degree angle, with a little tension on the tape, the tape being clear it should not be a eye sore and try another straight prop, the props on a slow stick dont turn very fast to cause torque roll IMHO but it could Hope that helps, Chellie

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > ParkFlyers