Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Indoor & Micro Electric Planes Talk about indoor & Micro electric powered flight here

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-23-2011, 08:47 PM   #1
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Club: Mile High Club
Friends: (3)
Default Batting 1000

Well,

The repair guys must be tired of me. But I am surely batting 1000 when it comes to micros. The first one I got was the Albatros, was so excited to fly her. I tossed it and she took off perfect...this is going to be great. After about 3 mins of flight, no rudder. Back to the factory.

Second micro: A fancy little Champ. Out of the box, charge the baterry..go to bind it....won't bind. Did everything we could do in the book.. It was'nt going to happen. Back to the factory.

Third Micro: A sweet looking little Playmate. Everyone loves this little guy. Battery in, radio ready.....toss her....15 feet...no control. Another range check, all is good. Toss her.....10-15 feet...no control. OK, iam gonna bust this thing!! Another range check, walked 3 steps...no control. Then no bind. OK, back to the factory.

Fourth Micro: The beautiful Corsair..and this thing is sweet! A fantastic job on this Micro. A flight for 3 mins...doing every thing you can throw at her, she did perfect..then......a free spinning motor. The motor would run, but the shaft was free spinning. Landed with no issues. Checked it out the best I knew how too, without cutting her apart. Seems the prop shaft was no longer engaged. BACK to the factory.

Now, I must say this....every plane I sent back was replaced by a new one. Kudo's to the repair people!! And every plane sent back to me has flown perfect. No issues at all. Except for the Alba..she's on her second motor. So...I am chalking this up as bad mojo! I just sent back the Corsair today..I will see what I get back.

So, my plan now is to order the next micro that comes along, don't open the box at all, just send it back and wait for the replacement.
Its like a good 30 foot putt, when ya sink it...ya just come back for more!!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
tr4252

Wow! That kind of luck would have had me putting the planes in the attic and buying a new guitar. Hats off to those who hang in there. Glad to hear you're getting your planes fixed by the suppliers.

tom
Old 05-23-2011, 11:18 PM   #3
Rabbitcreekok
Community Moderator

View Rabbitcreekok's Gallery8
Awards Showcase

Globetrotter Pilot  WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (30)

Maybe the fifth time will be a charm.

Jim
AMA 735658
Old 06-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #4
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

OK...I tried..I really tried. Got my Corsair back from Parkzone (after the first one had a free spinning motor shaft) and saw they had given me a new one...what else could you ask for!!! Well, this one has a rudder that is not hooked up. Shipping cost has gone crazy to return these boxes, and why should anyone have to cut open a brand new plane to fix something that should not be broken. As I discussed above, I seem to have some bad mojo. Every ultra micro that landed on my door step has had issues. I take it quality control is not in the equation any longer. Well, Iam done with Parkzone products. I'll just keep buying from gravity hobby who at least has sent me products that work on delivery. I have the time to build what they sell. Very disappointed!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #5
Figure.N9ne
Super Contributor

View Figure.N9ne's Gallery8
Club: Mako's RC Jet Club
Send a message via AIM to Figure.N9ne

that is some terrible luck but good for you for not quitting. It's been my experience with Horizon that if something is wrong and it's their fault, if you ask nicely, they will provide a shipping label to cover the shipping.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:12 AM   #6
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Your probably right..but Ive had too many friends who are getting the same issues. I know there are hundreds of these planes going out, and maybe a very low number are actually not working like they should be, but quality control is just a major part of selling. If they cant check a plane (RTF) by putting a battery in it, turn it on and check controls..thats just bad business. I know one company who flies every helicopter they sell before it goes out the door...thats good business. Owell....I wrote to them. I'am sure they now know Iam not happy! Speaking of Heli's...gonna break out my old trust worthy Silver Bullet...."HEADS UP!!!
Old 06-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #7
Toby B

Friends: (0)

...which is why I tend to pay a bit more and buy things from the hobby shop up the street...

(or eBay if I feel brave)

t
Old 06-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #8
TM4197
Dope&Fabric

Well, I would actually like to support the LHS. So I will in the future. Its been a week and I have not heard from PARKZONE, I guess they figure if I want it fixed, I'll ship another model back to them. Well..thats not happening...I'll just keep telling all my friends not to buy micros from them or be prepared to send it back for something that should never have come out of the warehouse. There are plenty of other sources. Like you said..worth a little bit more.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Indoor & Micro Electric Planes