Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Batteries & Chargers Discuss Li-P, Li-Ion, NiMh, Nicad battery technology and the chargers that juice 'em up!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-28-2011, 11:34 PM   #1
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)
Default radio shack power supply for 2 cellpro 4's???

i am hoping someone is familiar with the radioshack power supply I'm using to power my fma cellpro 4 charger....it works fine with the one charger,so now I'm wondering if i make a splitter to run 2 chargers at once ...will it work. i saw the fma powersupply like this one will but its 13.8v and 28amps.

this is the spec's on the back of the radioshack PS i have now. i really want to charge multi packs at once but don't want to spend extra bucks right now. any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hog build pictures 244.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	125.8 KB
ID:	148825

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:44 PM   #2
Tim Marks
President FMA, Inc.

Friends: (0)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
i am hoping someone is familiar with the radioshack power supply I'm using to power my fma cellpro 4 charger....it works fine with the one charger,so now I'm wondering if i make a splitter to run 2 chargers at once ...will it work. i saw the fma powersupply like this one will but its 13.8v and 28amps.

this is the spec's on the back of the radioshack PS i have now. i really want to charge multi packs at once but don't want to spend extra bucks right now. any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.
Hi:

Cellpro 4s charger draws a max of 5A on 12VDC input. Assuming the Radio Shack PSU does what the label says, you could run 3 Cellpro 4s chargers off this supply, all going full bore.

Tim Marks
Old 05-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
tobydogs
love to build!

Club: rcrcc rockland county,ny
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (16)

hello tim! thanks for the quick reply,i will be splicing together an adapter to run the 2 cellpros i have. last night i was trying to use both chargers,one on the power supply and the other off my field battery which was in need of recharging itself...one batt at a time can make for a long night. expesally when my planes today use 2 batts to fly. hog is 3cells in series,the roar is 4cells in parralle.

narrow is the place to land...wide is the space to crash....choose the narrow way!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:09 AM   #4
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by stuart View Post
hello tim! thanks for the quick reply,i will be splicing together an adapter to run the 2 cellpros i have. last night i was trying to use both chargers,one on the power supply and the other off my field battery which was in need of recharging itself...one batt at a time can make for a long night. expesally when my planes today use 2 batts to fly. hog is 3cells in series,the roar is 4cells in parralle.

If you've got a deep cycle battery, what I've done is simply connect your chargers to the deep cycle battery, and connect your deep cycle battery charger to the deep cycle battery.

Works very well.

Also, www.mpja.com has a wide variety of power supplies. Take a look at their 12 Volt DC units:
http://www.mpja.com/products.asp?dept=3&main=1

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!
Old 05-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #5
rcers
Community Moderator

View rcers's Gallery57
Awards Showcase

WAA-08 Pilot 
Friends: (9)

I have been loving my larger PS from James Bruce a friend and club member. I have one of his 47amp supplies and it handles all 4 of my chargers with zero issues.

http://www.feathermerchantrc.com/

Much cheaper than commercial supplies too.

Mike

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Batteries & Chargers