Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners New to e-power flying? Get the low down in here from experienced e-power RC pilots!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #1
flyingbumma

Friends: (0)
Default Help with Hacker X-5 to Hacker A10-15s

Hello all, I am a newb to flying foamies, and electric in general. I bought a whole lot of stuff and sold most of it off. I have a foamie left that I would like to fly, but I need to put the Motor and ESC back on. The problem is that the previous owner unsoldered the leads from the ESC that goes to the motor, and I dont know which order to solder them back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! The Motor is a Hacker A10-5s, The ESC is Hacker X-5
Old 05-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #2
giflyrc
Gravity is Attractive

Club: ALLIANCE BALSA BEES
Friends: (0)

Connect the three wires from the ESC to any of the three wires on the motor, If the motor runs the wrong direction simply swap any two of the wires between the motor and the esc and that will reverse the rotation

Roger aka GIFLYRC

Independently Poor
Old 05-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #3
kyleservicetech
Dennis V

Club: www.racinercclub.com (I'm the newsletter editor)
Awards Showcase

Outstanding Contributor Award  3kW  2kW  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (20)

Originally Posted by flyingbumma View Post
Hello all, I am a newb to flying foamies, and electric in general. I bought a whole lot of stuff and sold most of it off. I have a foamie left that I would like to fly, but I need to put the Motor and ESC back on. The problem is that the previous owner unsoldered the leads from the ESC that goes to the motor, and I dont know which order to solder them back on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! The Motor is a Hacker A10-5s, The ESC is Hacker X-5
Just make danged certain to NOT have any possibility of a short circuit between the motor wires while testing motor rotation. A short circuit due to bare wires would be an instant failure of the ESC. And be sure to check motor rotations with the prop removed.

I've used duct tape or similar. Even used electrical "Wire Nuts" more than once for temporary connection of those motor wires.

DennyV
Retired and the days are just too short, busier than ever!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Beginners