Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Crash and Safety Forum
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Crash and Safety Forum Punch something in lately? Have safety suggestions? Tell the story, share safety tips, and show the pictures here.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 05-31-2011, 02:06 AM   #1
krtf4u_corsair
Psalms 1:1-2

Friends: (2)
Default Close Call

Get your popcorn ready cause here come another semi-crash story.

Well today I had the most exciting flight I've had in a long time. I decided to try out a new field across the road from my house. Well it's a little cramped with a few small trees and a big ceder tree on the left side of where I was sitting. But I figured I could manage all of that. Well I took off uneventfully and flew for about 7 mins. I was getting real comfortable so I decided to try one of my newer skills of doing multiple barrel rolls in a row. Well I think I got up and down confused in one of the loops and something weird happend with the plane and I panicked. I lost a ton of altitude and when I was able to get the plane right side up and flying level I was heading right toward the ceder tree I was somehow able to turn to the left just enough and just brushed the side of the tree with my right wing . Well needless to say my heart was racing more than it has in a long long time. I was already in panic mode so I decided to land it, well I come in way hot and noticed that I was running out of room really quick thanks to the little trees that ran perpendicular to my runway at the end of it. Well I hit the stick up and broke the landing gear. I think that I came away good with just some landing gear to glue back on through all that. Just figured I'd share that with you all.

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
-John 6:40
Old 05-31-2011, 02:50 AM   #2
Fishbonez
Love my Stinger

Club: Cheyenne Hill Hoppers
Send a message via AIM to Fishbonez Send a message via Yahoo to Fishbonez
Friends: (17)

Great story,
What kind of plane were you flying?
Old 05-31-2011, 05:28 PM   #3
krtf4u_corsair
Psalms 1:1-2

Friends: (2)

Originally Posted by Fishbonez View Post
Great story,
What kind of plane were you flying?
Glad you enjoyed it It was a Fourstar 60.

For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.
-John 6:40

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > Crash and Safety Forum