Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Power Systems Talk about motors, ESC speed controllers, gear drives, propellers, power system simulators and all power system related topics

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-03-2011, 03:56 AM   #1
LETMEFLY

Send a message via MSN to LETMEFLY
Friends: (0)
Default e-flite power 10 outrunner

When I open the throttle I get a clanging jerking motion from this motor. It acts like it is having a hard time getting going.

I can turn it over by hand and there is no problems what so ever but when I give it throttle again I still get this weird motor movement.

This outrunner is brand new and has never seen air time so it has me baffled.

Bob
Old 06-03-2011, 04:30 AM   #2
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Thanked 2,132 Times in 2,041 Posts
Club: Chino Renegades RC Flying Club
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (306)

Originally Posted by LETMEFLY View Post
When I open the throttle I get a clanging jerking motion from this motor. It acts like it is having a hard time getting going.

I can turn it over by hand and there is no problems what so ever but when I give it throttle again I still get this weird motor movement.

This outrunner is brand new and has never seen air time so it has me baffled.

Bob
Hi Bob you may need to change the timing on the ESC, also check your solder connections on the esc to motor wires, sometimes a cold solder joint will be the problem or a loose connection, Take care, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62307

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 06-03-2011, 05:03 AM   #3
LETMEFLY

Default outrunner problems

Hi Chellie,

Ok here is what I using in my fun cub.

1. Turnigy Plush+ 40 amp esc

I have one of the turnigy program cards and I have it set up this way.

Brake--------on
Bat type----Li-XX
Cut off------cut off
Cut off voltage--high
Start mode----normal
Timing-----high

I do not want to mess around with this power 10 outrunner right now as it is brand new and still under warranty from Horizon Hobby. Now concerning the Turnigy esc I have been using it in one of my powered parachutes using a Turnigy C3542B 1250kv outrunner and have not had one problem. In this case this motor starts very slowly and does not chatter or make any un-neccessary noise.

I called Horizon and they said send it back as these E-flites are not suppose to make any noise at all. I want to see what the guys at the field say when i go this Saturday and maybe they can tell me what they think it wrong. If they have no ideas I will send the motor in and see what they find.

I will check the connections on the esc just for the heck of it. If I find bad soldering I can fix that.

Thanks for the info so far,

Bob
Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 AM   #4
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Ambassador Award  100mph Speed Demon 

Originally Posted by LETMEFLY View Post
Hi Chellie,

Ok here is what I using in my fun cub.

1. Turnigy Plush+ 40 amp esc

I have one of the turnigy program cards and I have it set up this way.

Brake--------on
Bat type----Li-XX
Cut off------cut off
Cut off voltage--high
Start mode----normal
Timing-----high

I do not want to mess around with this power 10 outrunner right now as it is brand new and still under warranty from Horizon Hobby. Now concerning the Turnigy esc I have been using it in one of my powered parachutes using a Turnigy C3542B 1250kv outrunner and have not had one problem. In this case this motor starts very slowly and does not chatter or make any un-neccessary noise.

I called Horizon and they said send it back as these E-flites are not suppose to make any noise at all. I want to see what the guys at the field say when i go this Saturday and maybe they can tell me what they think it wrong. If they have no ideas I will send the motor in and see what they find.

I will check the connections on the esc just for the heck of it. If I find bad soldering I can fix that.

Thanks for the info so far,

Bob
Take off the brake, start at the default low timing, and try the motor operation, your motor may not like high timing, every motor is a little different, you just have to experiment with different timing settings. bring the timing up one step at a time and try the motor. hope that helps, Chellie

http://www.wattflyer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62307

I may be getting Older, But I Refuse to grow Up I am Having to much Fun to Grow Up LOL
Old 06-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #5
LETMEFLY

Default motor problem

Hi Chellie,

I am so glad that you were here on Watt Flyer to help me with my problem concerning my motor issue. I re-programmed the motor to the low timing and took off the brake setting.

The motor now works so well. There is no jerking or anything. It must have been the timing that was the problem. If it works ok I will then put back the brake setting. Time will tell.

Thanks for your input.

Bob AKA LETMEFLY
Old 06-04-2011, 02:10 AM   #6
CHELLIE
Super Contributor

View CHELLIE's Gallery13
Awards Showcase

Hi Bob We are all glad to help out here on Wattflyers, thats what its all about here sometimes a certain motor will not like a certain ESC they just dont get along with one another no matter how you adjust them, and sometimes its just a matter of getting the timing set right, you just have to try different things sometimes, Take care and have fun, Chellie

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Power - Batteries, Chargers, ESCs and More > Power Systems