Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

3D Flying Discuss everything related to "3D" flying including construction, power setups and flying techniques

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-08-2011, 01:08 PM   #1
meatball

Friends: (0)
Default Just got back into it. Yak-55 equivalent?

Just got back into R/C. My brother had the triton at his house and I just recently got it back and wanted to get back into flying. I realized that the Yak-55 from Hobby Lobby was discontinued. The one I have now has never been crashed, but as is almost inevitable doing 3D (like motorcycle riders, there are those that have crashed and will crash), I want to have a backup plan. What plane is an equivalent to the Yaks characteristics that I could use the same gear on? I have on it the EssKay motor which if Im not mistaken provides 28 oz thrust. Also have an assortment of batteries all 3S from 910 mAH (15C), 2000 mAH (8C) and even a 3150 (8C). I am using Hitec HS-55's (the blue ones) on it, with a Hitec 555 receiver.

What are some planes I could look at should I need to transfer gear over into a new fuse? Also by the way, has anyone on the forums ever built a real UAV? I have all the gear to do it, although the prototype predator crashed. I have everything from Eagletree monitoring, pitot tubes, to autopilot and GPS to control it via satellite from a laptop. All that wiring sure throws some interference though! Just wanted to see if anyone else desinged one. Maybe Ill start another thread

Trainer-BUHOR 60 inch wingspan
Combat-Mutant SS 38 inch wingspan, roll rate of 1.5 per second
Seaplane-Lanier Mariner .40 (yet to be maidened and radio'd)
Sailplane-Carl Goldberg Powered electra
Camera Plane-Currently un-radio'd nextar-repaired after a friend seriously crashed it
3D-HL Yak-55- EP 1300 mAH Esskay 400XT
Old 06-08-2011, 03:16 PM   #2
FlyingMonkey
Flite Test Fan

Send a message via AIM to FlyingMonkey
Awards Showcase

AP Contest Winner  AV Contest 
Friends: (24)

Wow, 8C, you have been out of the game for a while. Most of my batteries are 25-30C

Lots of people are doing the UAV/FPV thing now. The systems are getting cheaper, there's plenty of FPV dedicated aircraft on the market. There's a new group of aircraft called multirotors (look up tricopters and quadcopters, and prepare to be amazed.)

Look around, ask some questions, before diving back in. There's been a lot of changes since 8C was the norm.

Self proclaimed dictator of the Flite Test fan club.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > 3D Flying

Tags
3d , predator , uav , yak-55