Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Foamies Talk about building, power setups and anything having to do with e-powered foamy planes!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 06-26-2011, 03:15 AM   #1
Hoot48
Noob old fart

Friends: (0)
Default Noob flyer first foamie

For an old fart..I am having a blast ...first assembling and then flying a great 34" foamie..from FancyFoam. The Freestyle 34

It is an epp with an airfoil wing...so it does better in wind. I built this one a little heavy...with low throw control surfaces...and learned to fly it with 2c lipo. It wont quite hover with 2c...but a good way to learn conventional flight. Plus....trust me....it is a very durable epp foamie.....i could have saved mynself some cussing..and minor repairs...and a gross of props if I would have practiced on a sim...but I stubornly worked through it.

The kit and all components from FancyFoam were about $125. much more fun than the little one crash wonders that cost more. Motors..esc...rx..are about $10 when you need them.

Fun to build..and Mike at FF is very helpfull when I have any questiins. You dont get that with the big stores. It went together very easy as per instructions and video.

I am not a competitive flyer. I do it for fun and relaxation. And I am on a fixed income...so I can't spend a ton on a hobbie...this is a great way to go.

Next...I will get the. FF 42" Freestyle also with the airfoil wing.

Have fun

Hoot
Old 06-26-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
molokaiboy

Club: Maui RC Modeler's
Friends: (2)

Congrats on having Fun, it is what this hobby is after all. I love foamies too, inexpensive, easy to repair, FUN, flies like the bigger guys, FUN, and did I mention Fun!! Keep flying and have fun.

Aloha from Maui,
Les
Old 06-26-2011, 09:01 PM   #3
Hoot48
Noob old fart

Thanks Hawaii dude

Yup..fun

Aloha

Hoot
Old 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #4
mclarkson
Super Contributor

View mclarkson's Gallery4
Awards Showcase

AV Contest  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award 
Friends: (7)

Congratulations and welcome to the sport! You'll have a dozen planes before you know it.

Old 06-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #5
Davethebluessinger
Child of the 60s

View Davethebluessinger's Gallery4
Club: Longdon Flying Club
Friends: (9)

Get yourself a delta wing like I did (MS composit Swift II and mini Swift), Now I've seen how much fun these flying wings can be I'm well and truly hooked! Easy to build, fast too, only a couple of hours and your flying! Whats more very easy to repair and will run a whole multitude of motor/prop/esc combos depending on ewhether you want speed or slow flying!

Welcome aboard!

Dave

Dynamic S, Swizzle Stick, HK Mini Spirit, EHawk 1500, Flying Wings Mini Raven, FT Versa Wing, HK WingWing, F550 Hexacopter
Old 06-26-2011, 11:24 PM   #6
Hoot48
Noob old fart

Thanks....Yup Im hooked.

I am going to get 42" freestyle from fancyfoam. These epps are my choice for inexpensive but quality fun flying....durable also...

Plus I bought one of those "airhog" 10 dollar wonders from wallys. Justnto see if it would fly. Got all the components except esc.

Have fun

Hoot

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Foamies

Tags
epp , fancyfoam , freestyle , fun , noob