Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Beginners - Helis A forum where beginners can get help on the fundamentals for experts who know their stuff!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #1
ricardouribe

Friends: (0)
Default Blade msr trim question

Hi, i have a blade msr with the battery of 150 mAh and when i try to fly it it goes forward and i have the trim to go back all the way, what can i do?
thanks
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
Nova5

Check its balance. set the flybar to perpendicular to the tail boom. support the flybar by its underside on both sides of the rotor head. ensure it hangs level. if it doesn't that could be the cause.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #3
squidger

Friends: (3)

set your trims at neutral and adjust both servo pushrods by turning the ends counter clockwise until it hovers with the sticks in the middle.
Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 AM   #4
NickMcEnjoy

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by ricardouribe View Post
Hi, i have a blade msr with the battery of 150 mAh and when i try to fly it it goes forward and i have the trim to go back all the way, what can i do?
thanks
Watch Horizon's Jim Booker mSR basic setup:

If that does not work, watch this:

Note: you must have the right tools to work with helis!

If you have never worked with helis before, go ask for help!

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2010, 06:09 PM   #5
SBMcGuire

Club: East Coast Cripplers wheelchair rugby
Friends: (1)

The 150 is a longer battery and does throw off the balance a bit. It should have come with some heat shrink around it that you are supposed to keep on it so the battery doesn't slide too fare forward in the harnes. At any rate, playing with how far the batt is in or out is an easy way to adjust it.

With mine I ended up eventully addjusting the servo pushrod ends so that i chould put the battary in the same position every time without havening to mess with it much. Also, i noticed that in the less sensitive mode, it doesn't fly forward all that fast without being in a bank. May just be a stock setting to keep you out of trouble when your learning.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:48 AM   #6
dacaur

+1 on the little black heatshrink tubing... should have come with the battery....
Old 05-15-2011, 12:12 AM   #7
Thatguyjae

Originally Posted by NickMcEnjoy View Post
Watch Horizon's Jim Booker mSR basic setup:

If that does not work, watch this:
Note: you must have the right tools to work with helis!

If you have never worked with helis before, go ask for help!

Good luck!

Thanks for sharing the videos, I just got the MSR and this has proven very helpful for trimming it out!
Old 07-01-2011, 02:30 PM   #8
stargazin

Club: None.

Hello All,

I'm a total Newb, and this is my first post, and will not be my last as this hobby gives many opportunities for questions.

So, I have watched the vids on trim set up, yet my mSR still spins to the right with the trim maxed out. When hovering it spins in an increasingly large right handed circle.

I have noticed that when viewing the heli from the rear, the main rotor shaft leans to the right, is this normal? I have not seen anything regarding this.

I come to the mSR from a S107. I have been into RC's since before the RC-10, and Shumachers were the big guys on the block, over 20 years ago.

Ok so I figured it out... The tail rotor blade was pushed all the way on. I pulled it out and re centered the trims. I still need to have the rudder mace to the left to counter the right spin, and now it will hover will little stick movement, though hawing requires more input.

I bought this used with a bunch of batteries, and was scared about the main rotor shafts lean to the side until I did google-Fu to find out on the micros this is to counter main rotor.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:41 PM   #9
squidger

You shouldn't need much trim at all. Turn the radio off and unplug the heli.Turn on the radio and centre all trims. With radio on plug in heli battery and set down on a flat surface within a couple of seconds and wait for it to initialise. It should fly pretty straight from there and maybe need minimal trimming. You can adjust rods on swashplate for left/right/fwd/backwards but yawing left and right can only be adjusted using tx trims. Check tail motor is not binding and blade turns freely and is fitted the correct way round. If it still needs loads of trim to stop it spinning try reversing the tail rotor blade. If that doesn't work your motor may be weak or the giro on the board may be faulty.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
stargazin

I think this heli has some issues. I cannot get it to fly in a hover or fly stable.It constantly changes directions, virtually no right yaw, as the trim is maxed, and very little forward, but that can be changed on the push rod. The main rotor constantly needs to nudged to get going. The controls are just so sporadic. It looks like I may have bought a parts heli. This really bums me out. I see videos of these things just hovering with no issues. Mine will not. So I guess I look for another and shelf this one?
Old 07-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #11
squidger

Doesn't sound good. You shouldn't have to nudge the main rotor at all. Either your motors knackered or it's binding or the motor needs to be adjusted cause it's binding with the drive gear.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:29 PM   #12
stargazin

Default Blade msr trim question

Yeah, I've checked that tail rotor is not binding, the blade is io the correct direction. This really bums me out. Buyer beware I guess. Lesson learned.

I'm just waiting for the day to end so I can start the next one.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, Clear Skies.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:35 AM   #13
squidger

You said the Main rotor needs nudging in your previous post. Did you mean tail rotor. If it's just a tail rotor issue replacing the motor is pretty cheap.
Old 07-03-2011, 08:11 PM   #14
stargazin

Originally Posted by squidger View Post
You said the Main rotor needs nudging in your previous post. Did you mean tail rotor. If it's just a tail rotor issue replacing the motor is pretty cheap.
Yeah it's the Main Rotor, now, currently my mSR is in a nonfunctional state. The main rotor is not producing enough rpms to attain flight and there is no binding of the pinion and main gear. The trim for the rudder is maxed to the left. I have ordered a new stock main motor and new tailboom with motor to see if this helps. I found a thread that a guy had the same issues, http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1449963
Old 07-04-2011, 07:45 AM   #15
squidger

Sounds like it will fix it.

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric Helicopters > Beginners - Helis