Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

Warbird Electrics Discuss e-powered warbirds in here!

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-13-2011, 03:55 AM   #1
HeliScRapYard
Foam Junkie

View HeliScRapYard's Gallery3
Send a message via AIM to HeliScRapYard
Friends: (2)
Default upgrading the motor on a parkzone P-51

Hey, I am looking to put more power into my parkzone p-51. I have two ideas so far. I have weighed the options and this is what I have so far. I am asking bc I know I could throw in both and get it to fly but I would like it to fly well.

Option one, is a power up 480 speed 1400kv from heads up. Will require a 2200mah pack. This option adds 2oz to the total weight. The motor is the same weight.

Option two, is a turnigy 35-42 1100kv the motor is 1oz more and with the 3s 2200 it adds a total of 3oz. Mainly the only reason I am upgrading is to go faster. And I can use a 4s 2200 which brings the additional weight to 5oz over stock.

What do y'all think? I don't know a whole lot about wing loading so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks in advance.

Need More Glue!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 03:34 PM   #2
HeliScRapYard
Foam Junkie

View HeliScRapYard's Gallery3
Send a message via AIM to HeliScRapYard
Friends: (2)

OOk well.. I went with the 35-42 so that I could run it on 4s if I wanted. I reversed the shaft and it went right in. I had to cut off about 1/4" off the shaft but now it fits perfectly.

Need More Glue!!!

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > Electric R/C Airplanes > Warbird Electrics