Wattflyer RC Network: RC Universe :: RCU Magazine :: RCU Forums :: RCU Classifieds :: RCU User Reviews :: RCU YouTube
Home Who's Online Calendar Today's Posts RealTime Post Spy Mark Forums Read
Go Back   WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Register Members List Wattflyer Extras Articles Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Social Groups

RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Thank you for your support (hide ads)

Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
solentlife
Super Contributor

View solentlife's Gallery47
Club: Founder Member Ventspils RC Club. Ex Waltham Chase and Meon Valley Soaring.
Awards Showcase

Scratchbuilders Award  Scratchbuilders Award  Outstanding Contributor Award  125mph Speed Demon 
Friends: (15)
Default FrSky 2.4 module into JR Tx

I have an older JR Propo with metal case .... 35Mhz modular ...

Jr Techn. advised that 2.4Ghz modules where JR compatible will fit and work as basically JR have not changed design or set-up of the modules in all the years.

So I have a FrSky JR compat module and tried to fit it. The original 35Mhz module slips in / out reasonably easily and is secure. But the FrSky is an extremely tight fit and in fact so tight I am afraid to press anymore for fear of damaging the module.

I contacted the Techn and he reckons that the later modules are very tight and in fact often some like Spektrum cannot be removed once inserted !

So I took back of the Tx and tried module into the socket box - now an easy fit. BUT ....

a) Module stands proud and does not seat all way in as pin socket is not recessed as far in the module as the original JR one.
b) When inserting - the RED LED comes on showing connection, but as you push home - it goes of showing no connection.

So even when I can get module in - it appears that pins are slimmer and don't always make contact in the module socket.

Anyone else found similar to above ? How to cure ?

Most times I will use the original 35Mhz module - but nice to be able to swap for 2.4 when wanted.

Is it possible to wire up the module without use of pin to socket ?

222kph PKJ,EDF Concorde, Mini4,Mig3,T45,PKJ twin,ME109,Edge540,Cessna182,Skymaster Biplane,F15,F16,Badius,Ultimate,SE5,Qbee10,450 Heli,V911,J3 Cub Founder 9x forum: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flysky_RC_radio/
- Subscribe my Youtube: "solentlifeuk"
Old 09-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #2
cheshireflyer

Friends: (1)

Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
I have an older JR Propo with metal case .... 35Mhz modular ...

Is it possible to wire up the module without use of pin to socket ?
Take a look here
www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php?page=111

Pete

WattFlyer RC Electric Flight Forums - Discuss radio control eflight > R/C Electric Topics - General > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros